|Item Weight||7 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||3 x 3 x 1.4 inches|
|Batteries||4 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)|
|Assembled Height||1.4 inches|
|Assembled Width||3 inches|
|Assembled Length||3 inches|
5-Year DOP - Furniture Planfrom Warrantech
- Please note, protection plan details will be delivered by EMAIL ONLY, via AmazonSupport@Warrantech.com, within 72 hours of purchase. Please print a copy of the email for your records.
- Provides nationwide repair support, as per the terms and conditions found on the protection plan product page. Coverage and claim limits apply. See protection plan details below by clicking on the "Warranty"link. Not available in Wyoming.
- Coverage from single use failures including tears, stains, punctures, fluids and gouges begins on day 1. Mechanical failure coverage begins the day after manufacturer's warranty expiration, typically 1 year from purchase date.
- Includes parts and labor coverage for workmanship and materials failures, including electrical mechanisms, spring and frame failures and other covered repairs.
- If a covered repair cannot be completed, you will be reimbursed with an Amazon gift card for up to the amount of your original product purchase price.
All-New MegaBoot (Works ONLY with Echo 2nd Generation and Echo Plus) | with Over 24 Hours of Battery Life| Battery Base | Alexa
- Compatible ONLY whith (ECHO 2nd GENERATION AND ECHO PLUS) | All-new Battery base with over 24 hours of battery life
- Works with Echo 2nd Generation and Echo Plus (over 24 hours) | BatteryBoot attach at bottom of Echo for easy handling
- Slim design for easy carrying, only 7oz | Designed in USA by a U.S. company
- Pat. Pend. #62271525 (c) 2015 | BatteryBoot | MegaBoot
- ONE SIZE FITS ALL | This battery works with all new echos :-) | it doesn't work with the echo dot family
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
This is our NEW MegaBoot for Amazon Echo second (2nd) Generation and Echo Plus. It's innovative design will allow you use our battery with both Echos. It attaches to the bottom with magnets. The pulling force of the magnets is very strong. When you pick up your Echo, the battery stays connected to your Echo. It will provide over 24 hours of battery life while playing music at volume 5 when using it with the Echo second generation. You will be surprised how long the battery lasts with normal use. BatteryBoot will provide up to 18 hours of battery life while playing music at volume 5 when using it with the Echo Plus. We use only high quality premium battery cells from top manufacturers.
Showing 1-6 of 25 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Small footprint compared to the Battery/Speaker bases for the Dot
- Easy to install
- Battery lasts longer than I will ever need.
The Not So Good:
- No battery life indicator
- The metal disc can cause the Echo to slide around on some surfaces
- Cost as much as my Echo
What I would really like to see:
- A battery that is incorporated into the removable shell of the Echo
- A charging base similar to the Tap
What I would really REALLY like to see:
- Alexa incorporated into the Bose SoundLink Revolve series speakers.
Installing - Was no problem. There is a magnet on the top of the unit and a metal disc with adhesive on one site to attach to your 2nd Gen Echo, cleaned the bottom of my Echo with some isopropyl alcohol and installed it per the included instructions. You don't need to worry too much about alignment as you can slide the Echo around on the magnet to get the perfect positioning. I then promptly dropped tested it by knocking my Echo off of the table and it separated from the metal disc, reinstalled it, waited 24 hours and I was able to remove the Echo from the battery with the disc still attached. I did not give it another drop test.
Looks - Not bad, it is the same diameter as the Echo and (obviously) raised its height which lead to my unexpected drop test.
Battery life - I haven't verified their claim of 24 hours with my Echo but I streamed for a good 10 hours at a volume of 5 with no issues.
UPDATE: About a day after posting my negative review I was contacted via email by the seller (U.S. Based) who asked to set up a time to have a call to do a quick trouble shooting exercise which we did. This revealed the battery was fine but the charging cord that came with it was bad. -> He simply had me plug the original Amazon Echo power cord into the Battery base rather than the one it came with and let it charge for a few hours and then try it. Bingo!, it worked. So, while the instructions that come with the battery tell you not to use the original Amazon cord, it does work to troubleshoot the problem. The thing is the Amazon Echo cord is a different voltage (lower) than the original charging cord that comes with the battery. So, you won't get the full benefit of the loger charge time if you use the Amazon Echo cord. It's not the "fix", it's a good method to confirm the cord is the problem, not the battery. Then, before I could email them the next morning to confirm it was indeed the cord, I received an email indicating that the Tech had already overnighted a replacement. Problem Solved. The thing works great. So, if you have an issue I would advise contacting the seller. They admit they have had "some" issues with the charging cord and I give them credit for owning it and making it right. I would have given the item 5 stars were it not for the bad charger but updated from 1 to 4 based on their follow-up. I may order another! :)
I also bought this case https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XPPH12T/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 With the battery pack on it fits perfect !!!! I am in love
There's something to be aware of with this product. When it arrived the AC wall adapter was faulty. Initially I thought the MegaBoot was bad out of box. The green light on the wall transformer would turn green and then go out quickly. Another reviewer had the same experience which tells me they have a bad batch of mfg'd AC adapters with the MegaBoot. The other reviewer mentioned using the original Echo 2 AC adapter to charge the MegaBoot. Then see if it worked. It did. So I knew it was their AC adapter that was at fault not the MegaBoot itself. I contacted Koozie and let them know of the problem. They sent me a replacement within a few days and it worked. So they backed up their product.
Note-while the Echo 2 AC adapter will charge the MegaBoot, it's at a lower amperage. So it will take you twice as long to charge the MegaBoot. So you want to use the original MegaBoot AC adapter for regular use in order to get the maximum charge of your MegaBoot. I use the Megaboot in short intervals and then plug it back in. I wanted to know how long the battery would last. As a test I streamed music on the Echo 2 for 8 hours and it was still working. So far I'm very happy with the purchase.