All-New Fire 7 Tablet with Alexa, 7" Display, 8 GB, Black - with Special Offers
|Price:||$49.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- The next generation of our best-selling Fire tablet ever - now thinner, lighter, and with longer battery life and an improved display. More durable than the latest iPad.
- Beautiful 7" IPS display with higher contrast and sharper text, a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, and up to 8 hours of battery life. 8 or 16 GB of internal storage and a microSD slot for up to 256 GB of expandable storage.
- Now with Alexa, for quick access to the information and entertainment you want. Ask questions, play music, check your calendar, get the news, weather, and more - just press the home button and ask.
- Enjoy millions of movies, TV shows, songs, Kindle eBooks, apps and games - including Netflix, Facebook, HBO, Spotify, and more
- Prime members get unlimited access to over a thousand books and magazines, millions of songs, and thousands of movies and TV episodes - at no additional cost
- Watch downloaded videos anywhere with a Prime membership, Netflix plan, or Showtime subscription
- Enhance your entertainment experience with features you only get from Amazon, including ASAP, X-Ray, On Deck, Blue Shade, and FreeTime Parental Controls
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 3:09 Mins|
I purchased both the 7" and 8" Fire models because I wanted to see how they compared, and I was curious how they performed. They are both shown in the video attached to this review. I will focus here on the 7" model, to try to help the potential buyer decide whether or not the more expensive 8" Fire tablet is worth the extra money (and if the 7" model is worth purchasing on its own merits).
I've given this 7" model a 4-star rating after further consideration and largely because of the very mediocre quality sound output (see detailed comments below). It is still a terrific bargain at the price, but I do want to be clear that it is not ideal for all uses.
- These new models represent minimal changes compared to the previous generation Fire tablets:
--- Same display specs as before (Amazon says the 7” model has an improved display), same processors (1.3 GHz quad-core but a newer model that is probably slightly faster in operation), same standard and available storage (7” 8 or 16 GB; 8” 16 or 32 GB)
--- New colors
--- the 8” model is $10 cheaper
--- the 7” model now has dual band wi-fi (previously single band wi-fi) for better connectivity
--- Kids edition now available for both models (previously only the 7” model).Read more ›
It turns out that the $49.95 Fire 7 version released two years ago didn't have an IPS screen.
Now it does.
Technically, both the old one and this new one are just 171 ppi (pixels per inch) but this one seems much "crisper" than the first generation "$49-er".
My eyes don't lie. IPS makes the screen a lot crisper!
There's also a stunning improvement in color quality with the new screen. Now it holds its own with the 62% color gamut original iPad Mini; before, it wasn't anywhere near.
Mind you it's not current Apple screen quality, or current high-end Samsung screen quality - but what is? It's only $49.95, and it's good enough. Heck, at $49.95, its MORE than "good enough", it's great. It blows away just about any entry level consumer laptop screen, that's for sure.
I pulled out my 2015 first-gen, $49.95 Fire 7 - the one this replaces - and placed it side by side with this new one. The colors (including a horrific green tint on white backgrounds) on the old one weren't video-worthy - ok for casual videos on Facebook and YouTube, maybe, but not good enough for Netflixing and Amazon Prime.
This new one, though? It's movie-worthy, especially with earphones (ok, ONLY with earphones). I'd prefer 720p over the Fire 7's 600p (600p is better than 480p DVD's, but not ask good as even entry-level - 720p - HDTV quality), but overall even at 600p it's eminently watchable.
By the way, for me streaming video content on Amazon Prime Instant Video has been noticeably sharper than streaming YouTube. I think Amazon Prime adapts to 600p (max for this tablet) while YouTube is is probably delivering only 480p (remember YouTube's defaults are 360p/480p/720p and up).Read more ›
I love how seamlessly integrated all of my life is with this lovely little tablet. I want to watch movies, I swipe to PRIME. They even have certain movies that are always available "offline". Yesterday they notified me that SPECTRE was available if I wanted to watch it without WIFI. SWEET!
I can change the music, turn on my lights, play games, read books, watch ANY television show or movie from Prime, order things, read magazine and listen to music all with just a tiny swipe of the screen. PLUS this is smaller than the full-on Kindles. WHICH I REALLY LOVE. I have already purchased the sunshine-saffron yellow case and it's become a daily part of my life. I highly recommend this product!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is my 4th Kindle all has been good and still working....Published 48 seconds ago by James Williams
A good tablet for the price. What I don't get is why they didn't include Alexa hands free in this tablet. Seems like a no brainer.Published 52 minutes ago by DHizzola
Love my new Kindle. Battery lasts a lot longer than my old one.Published 57 minutes ago by Ruth Downey
Love it! My grandchild dropped mine (1 year old). She loved my old one but it broke. This may seem selfish...but grandbaby can't know I have a new one. Ahhhhhhhhhh! Read morePublished 1 hour ago by Donna Presley
I love my new kindle 7 tablet! It has great battery life which is good because I love using mine to watch TV shows the color is very good and it never gets to hot like my other... Read morePublished 1 hour ago by shannon
Tablet is great ever body should have one. Buy one for your self to see how great they you will not be disapointed.Published 1 hour ago by Draper 66