- Hardcover: 256 pages
- Publisher: Rodale Books; 1 edition (August 18, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1605299510
- ISBN-13: 978-1605299518
- Product Dimensions: 6.7 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (33 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #287,265 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.99 shipping
The All-Pro Diet: Lose Fat, Build Muscle, and Live Like a Champion Hardcover – August 18, 2009
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
“As a person and a professional athlete I pride myself on a great work ethic and a healthy diet. This philosophy led me to a 23 year Hall Of Fame career. The All Pro Diet takes the guesswork out of how an elite professional athlete eats, trains, and thinks. This book is for anyone who wants to improve their fitness, performance and health!”-Warren Moon, NFL Hall of Fame Quarterback“Anytime I can line up with Tony Gonzalez I appreciate the opportunity, whether it be on the football field, in this great book, or just as a person I have great respect for. The All-Pro Diet works for him and it will work for you! Tony is a special person and a special football player, so when he offers his approach to diet, exercise, and success-- listen!”-Coach Dick Vermeil, SuperBowl XXXIV Champion”Tony Gonzalez, who is a premier world class athlete, is doing a public service that may be far more significant than he realizes, and he is doing so with enormously impressive courage. Examine his diet closely, and you will see that he has come a long way to improving not only his own health but also has done it without sacrificing his ability to play football with the best of the best.”-Dr Colin Campbell, Author of The China Study”Tony Gonzalez and Mitzi Dulan are two of the best at what they do. The All-Pro Diet is full of practical information backed by scientific research. This book is a must read for anyone wanting to perform their best, be healthy and live like a pro!”-Jeff Hurd, Head Strength and Conditioning Coach, San Diego Chargers
About the Author
TONY GONZALEZ is a record-holding Tight End for the Atlanta Falcons and appeared regularly as a celebrity judge on Oprah Winfrey's ABC primetime series The Big Give. Renowned for his generous charity work, he lives near Los Angeles, California.
MITZI DULAN, RD, in addition to her positions as nutritionist for Kansas City's pro football and baseball teams, has been featured in Newsweek, Fitness, and other magazines and on Discovery's Science Channel. She resides outside of Kansas City.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
What I like most about Tony's book is that he has convinced me to have a smoothie every morning for breakfast. I now consume his power smoothie with some minor tweaks and it's the best start to my day I've every had and I've tried juicing and very healthy breakfasts.
Thanks for sharing Tony...
- 85% nutrition...This portion of the book is VERY comprehensive from food choices, meal plans, timing and much, much more. And the information isn't overwhelming. It's presented in a simple, step-by-step manner. It doesn't sugar-coat the changes most people need to make (mainly the types and quantities of food eaten)...it requires a life-changing experience. However, the plan is clear on how you need to get there.
Personally, after making changes to my diet that were recommended in the book, I felt a difference. Long, morning endurance sessions didn't seem to stay with me all day. Recovery came much quicker. I believe it is the clean foods that Tony recommends.
- 10% workout...While this may be the core of Tony's workout, I'm not convinced it covers all facets like the nutrition section. Basic principles are communicated that I adhere to (seeing how I maintain a more sports-related lifestyle vs. straight cardio), but more depth on workout scheduling, timing, rotation, etc. would have been useful.
- 5% worthless motivational stuff...I may have given the book 5 stars had this portion been edited out before printing. It wasn't useful or insightful.
Read this book for help in restructuring your diet to allow your body to perform at its max and help you feel better each day.