Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Alexa on Mobile PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 546 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 559 reviews
on March 8, 2015
This light has saved my sanity, if not my property. I live in a small town, but there's a lot of crime. I think people are bored, so they cause trouble, which is fine... but stealing or setting things on fire is NOT fine. Anyway, this light is very sensitive and detects even the slightest movement, so between this and my security camera, I feel a lot safer. It's a very bright light and I plan to purchase another one for the other side of my house.

It works VERY well outside and withstands sun as well as rain and even strong winds, which happens pretty often around here.

It even comes on when a skunk crosses its path, so I don't worry so much about my dogs or me getting sprayed anymore!
on March 7, 2015
I use this light in an unorthodox way as a garage light for when the door opens. The light on my garage door opener is broken, so for a fraction of fixing it, and to hold off on replacing the unit, I bought this motion light. It is used indoors, so I can't comment on its outside durability. It has an impressive range of over 30', and the eye can be adjusted vertically and horizontally. It has a nice long cord. I probably wouldn't use this as a security measure outside the house, I think its much better as a utility light in certain situations, as I have employed it.
on April 21, 2012
We have a porch light outback and we take our dogs out constantly. Leaving or forgetting the light on 24/7 was raising our elec bill, also started getting swarmed with bugs attracted to our light everytime we went in or out!
We looked at hard wired lights but most were hard install and expensive with confusing directions. The spanish instructions were longer!
We bought this on a whim, we saw it was an easy plug in and go motion light which sold us on it!
We put the bulb in and the glass, my husband used the screws provided and bolted it to our storage building. Plugged it in, set the timer and length of timer. It was easy!
Lights up our whole yard and we love it. Makes taking dogs out a snap in the evening and we dont have to worry about forgetting to turn the light off. The light also alerts us to people/dogs in our yard!
Very happy with purchase. It has even survived harsh wind and rain so far!
on May 4, 2012
just bought in april 2012, a little trouble figuring out how to get it going... but i will tell you how..set both switches all the way to left ..{test mode}..then switch right switch to moon setting for the night setting.. then adjust timer..left switch.. for how long you want it to stay on and you r all set..all the way to the left is the test mode and will stay on all the time until you switch it to the moon setting after testing.. picks up motion to 40 feet as advertised ..
on November 1, 2014
So far so good! The mounting was easy and so was putting the bulb in. I used different screws than what was provided because they were very cheap and one of them broke during installation. I live in the Fairbanks area of Alaska where it gets down to -50 F and I needed a porch light that would turn on during those temperatures. So far this past month it has functioned at -10 F (-23.3 C) Hopefully I can edit this later in January and February.

Few things to consider: There are two very small adjustment notches for the timing and daylight/light sensitivity. You will need a very small flat head computer repair tool type of screwdriver to adjust these. (Make sure they are turned all the way counter clock wise before turning on the light so that it can be in test mode for a few min. or the light will not work correctly) The motion detector also detects heat. When I open my door and the heat rushes out the screen door the light will turn on because of the motion of the heat rising from the door. It will also occasionally detect the heat from our car's engine and turn on even though there is no movement. Also small animals like cats, squirrels and rodents will trigger it to turn on. The plus side to heat detection is that the unit did not turn on during a snow and ice/rain storms we had mid October. The chord is only 8 feet long so I bought an extension chord to reach the outlet.
on July 6, 2017
Extremely easy to install and set up. Within minutes of opening I could see 1/3 of my backyard that my floodlights did not reach. It has been 2 weeks so far and it has not let me down. I would buy another if I had more outdoor outlets.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 21, 2016
I installed this light over two years ago and it has worked perfectly. The light is very bright and lights the entire area of the drive. The sensor never fails and the light provides and extra layer of security. The ability to plug this light in rather than having to hardwire makes it easy to place anywhere you have access to an outlet. I plan to purchase another one soon.
review image
on October 23, 2016
I bought four of these and installed them at roughly the same time. One leaked and failed and had to be replaced, the other three are still working fine after close to two years ---though one is inside a carport and not exposed to the weather. The eight foot cord is great but I've only been able to find replacement bulbs through Amazon. I'm giving up on lights that use bulbs and going with LED floods for anything new.
on May 20, 2015
I actually have two of these, one on each of the two north corners of my house. I bought two lights earlier(different brand) for the driveway side of the house. I decided I wanted a couple on the other side as well. I am very satisfied with my purchase. The lights can be adjusted so they don't flash on each time a small animal (like a cat) strolls past or a car drives by. I like that the timer can be set for how long they stay on. There is also an adjustment for the time of evening you want the lights to begin working. They are easily installed...a couple of screws to attach to the house and an outside electrical outlet. No need to hardwire. They definitely meet my needs.
on February 8, 2017
I set this up in my brother's garage to come on when the car comes in. The older Chamberlain's light stopped working and could not be repaired per Chamberlain, so they suggested a whole new opener for a couple of hundred dollars. This was a much cheaper solution and also works nicely just to light up the garage when coming in from the house and since it times out automatically, you don't have to both with turning a switch on and off. The original Halogen lamp burned out in a couple of months but was easily replaced and has now been working OK for many months.