Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 34 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 116 reviews
on December 9, 2016
All she wanted is a story about a person who wanted to live their life in a way that made it comfortable for them. The problem is that society does not like anyone who is 'different' or outside of the norm, and we have a need to destroy these kinds of people, or we have the need to force them to conform. It is only then that we, as a society, can accept them for who we've forced them to be, not for who they really are. This is why we have so many hidden 'sub cultures' in out society, because the only way they can live in a way that is acceptable to both themselves and society as a whole; is to do it in secret. 'Brandon' is a 'king', and not the only 'king' who lives amongst us, he unfortunately ran foul of the wrong people and he paid the ultimate price. We as people don't like being made fools of, even if it means we are foolish, and we can not accept anyone or anything that is slightly different to our reality; we have this inbuilt drive to make others and things to conform to our reality, and I for one, think we miss out on so much. This is a must read book for everyone, particularly if you live as or with, or work with or know someone who comes under the GLBT banner.
on August 22, 2015
I don't know who proofed this book before it was released, but they had a hard time telling the difference between an "h" and a "b", some words that should have began with and "h", i.e. he or had, were spelled "be" and "bad". The punctuation was no better, where a sentence should have ended, it didn't. There were symbols where words were suppose to be, so you really had to pay attention to what was suppose to have been written...other wise the story was good and went into good history on several of the players.
on April 2, 2015
I'm barely into this book and I'm already fed up with the misspelling! How does one get a book published and not have it edited first? It's difficult to get into the story as I am too busy re-reading the sentence to make sense of it. I would not recommend this book! Too many other authors to pick from who have their work edited first.
on June 29, 2015
I love the author's stories but I became very frustrated with the amount of typos her books have. I lost count after 250 of them. I'm unsure why she would taint her talent by allowing her books to have such unprofessional editing and printing.
on June 20, 2016
Liked the book. But for the love of God hire a real editor. So many grammar and spelling errors it was almost unreadable in places.
on May 17, 2001
After Hilary Swank won her Oscar for a movie I never heard of, I rented the video. After renting the video, I was so curious about Teena Brandon, I bought the book. The book still didn't answer all my questions and the author kinda jumped around from person-to-person, place-to-place. She was a little hard to follow. Sad, sad story. Still left me with so many questions!
on August 6, 2017
A very good read, especially because I know the sister of one of the victims. Very accurate in detail.
on April 7, 2016
I can't get past the misspelled words and poor writing. I though books were, at least, spell checked.
on February 12, 2015
Did anyone bother to proof read this book? I don't think so considering the number of errors....not very professional :(
on March 12, 2017