Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning DrWho DrWho DrWho  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 534 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 589 reviews
on December 16, 2013
First, if you are wondering about the [Explicit] warning on the album, don't be. This album is not full of swearing. I went through and listened specifically for swearing, and there were six instances of swearing in the entire album (across 4 songs). Most of the songs are completely clean.

The lead singer of this "group" was born in England, although his accent sounds Irish to this American. If you like the main hit on this album "Let Her Go", the rest are almost that good, and in a style that is not far off from it. Most of the songs are reflective or social-commentary, but not in an angry way. If you're looking for a mellow, yet upbeat album and are OK with something folk-y, I recommend this.

I bought this album at the same time I bought "Bad Blood" by Bastille and I recommend both for the same reasons: mellow, yet upbeat music with a consistent quality and style that I can listen to all the way through without skipping a single track.
on August 8, 2013
"Let Her Go" has been a Number 1 song in 16 countries for good reason. The U.S.A. is about to discover what all the fuss is about. A great album by a fine singer/songwriter.
on January 12, 2013
I picked up this album after sampling all the tracks and it sounded like something I was in the mood for- also, the album was on sale. Woah, I was taken aback by the gentle and honest lyrics, but the melodic songs. There is a fine line in Passenger's album that is both hard and soft, and I enjoyed every song. The other thing I like is that there are 5 acoustic versions of songs on the album at the end, which is something I haven't seen an artist do: basically give me free acoustic version of the album's music. Great stuff.
on March 29, 2017
Songwriter, artist, musician, poet, entertainer, philosopher, storyteller - If you love and appreciate great song craft and are not yet fully immersed in Passenger's work, you should be. If you are familiar and fully acquainted but don't absolutely love what he does, then there is something wrong with you.

I just stumbled into his albums recently and was completely blown away. Then, I saw him in concert last night and became even more impressed. His ability to move a listener - whether in recorded content or, even better, live in person, is matched by very few. In a mass of generic, uninspiring noise, Passenger is the real deal. His ability to weave a story in his music and stimulate emotional response is reminiscent of some of the best of the past: Jim Croce, Paul Simon, Tom Waits, Bob Dylan.

I challenge you to spend some good, quality time getting lost in Passenger's music and not coming away feeling better - inspired, moved, content, joyful.
on August 18, 2013
Passenger's music cuts right to the soul and surprises tears to my eyes each time I listen to a new composition. Mixing quiet yet innovative folk music with scintillating lyrics, each song makes keen observations on the hidden truths of human nature... and it is impossible not to envision the mythology of your own life experiences entwined with each thoughtful verse. Very rarely does a talent like this find voice in the world, and I can only hope that this traveling troubadour has many more songs to share with us all.
VINE VOICEon October 24, 2013
I came across the song "Let Her Go" a few months ago thanks to a recommendation from a British vlogger. After hearing that song, I listened to a few other songs and bought the hole album. This album is excellent. Passenger has a beautiful voice, the lyrics are wonderful and witty. It is the opposite of the over-produced pop that currently saturates radio. The sound is acoustic, gentle but not boring. It's an album to listen to and savor because it has meaning. This is literally the best album I have bought in years - filled with real talent and honesty. Standout tracks are Let Her Go, Things that Stop You Dreaming, Patient Love, Holes, Life's for Living and Staring at the Stars.
on June 24, 2014
I had never heard of Passenger. I found a video on fb and played it and loved it. So I ordered this. Passenger is an English folk/rock/alternative rock singer/songwriter who is very similar to Ed Sheeran. I love it! :)
on March 5, 2014
I first heard the song "Let Her Go" as most people have heard, I'm sure. This album showed up under my recommendations and so I took a look at the reviews to see if it would be worth purchasing. Definitely was not, in fact, Let Her Go ended up being the only song I liked on the album. A lot of too stems from the fact that the majority of the songs are VERY similar and literally remind me of performances in a dive bar. And I'm usually all about that. haha. But yeah, this just didn't do it for me. I'd recommend really looking into the songs on youtube or something to make sure it's worth the purchase for you. It wasn't for me.
on March 6, 2017
Good quality item in fast service recommend
on April 1, 2015
This CD is one that I cherish, it really moves you and I also play it as much as his "Whispers"