Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 540 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 596 reviews
on December 16, 2013
First, if you are wondering about the [Explicit] warning on the album, don't be. This album is not full of swearing. I went through and listened specifically for swearing, and there were six instances of swearing in the entire album (across 4 songs). Most of the songs are completely clean.

The lead singer of this "group" was born in England, although his accent sounds Irish to this American. If you like the main hit on this album "Let Her Go", the rest are almost that good, and in a style that is not far off from it. Most of the songs are reflective or social-commentary, but not in an angry way. If you're looking for a mellow, yet upbeat album and are OK with something folk-y, I recommend this.

I bought this album at the same time I bought "Bad Blood" by Bastille and I recommend both for the same reasons: mellow, yet upbeat music with a consistent quality and style that I can listen to all the way through without skipping a single track.
on August 8, 2013
"Let Her Go" has been a Number 1 song in 16 countries for good reason. The U.S.A. is about to discover what all the fuss is about. A great album by a fine singer/songwriter.
on August 18, 2013
Passenger's music cuts right to the soul and surprises tears to my eyes each time I listen to a new composition. Mixing quiet yet innovative folk music with scintillating lyrics, each song makes keen observations on the hidden truths of human nature... and it is impossible not to envision the mythology of your own life experiences entwined with each thoughtful verse. Very rarely does a talent like this find voice in the world, and I can only hope that this traveling troubadour has many more songs to share with us all.
on March 29, 2017
Songwriter, artist, musician, poet, entertainer, philosopher, storyteller - If you love and appreciate great song craft and are not yet fully immersed in Passenger's work, you should be. If you are familiar and fully acquainted but don't absolutely love what he does, then there is something wrong with you.

I just stumbled into his albums recently and was completely blown away. Then, I saw him in concert last night and became even more impressed. His ability to move a listener - whether in recorded content or, even better, live in person, is matched by very few. In a mass of generic, uninspiring noise, Passenger is the real deal. His ability to weave a story in his music and stimulate emotional response is reminiscent of some of the best of the past: Jim Croce, Paul Simon, Tom Waits, Bob Dylan.

I challenge you to spend some good, quality time getting lost in Passenger's music and not coming away feeling better - inspired, moved, content, joyful.
on January 12, 2013
I picked up this album after sampling all the tracks and it sounded like something I was in the mood for- also, the album was on sale. Woah, I was taken aback by the gentle and honest lyrics, but the melodic songs. There is a fine line in Passenger's album that is both hard and soft, and I enjoyed every song. The other thing I like is that there are 5 acoustic versions of songs on the album at the end, which is something I haven't seen an artist do: basically give me free acoustic version of the album's music. Great stuff.
VINE VOICEon October 24, 2013
I came across the song "Let Her Go" a few months ago thanks to a recommendation from a British vlogger. After hearing that song, I listened to a few other songs and bought the hole album. This album is excellent. Passenger has a beautiful voice, the lyrics are wonderful and witty. It is the opposite of the over-produced pop that currently saturates radio. The sound is acoustic, gentle but not boring. It's an album to listen to and savor because it has meaning. This is literally the best album I have bought in years - filled with real talent and honesty. Standout tracks are Let Her Go, Things that Stop You Dreaming, Patient Love, Holes, Life's for Living and Staring at the Stars.
on January 29, 2014
I am 65 years old, but try to keep up on all kinds of music. I absolutely love Passenger. Music is not dead! Beautiful compositions and chord changes. Reminds me a bit of the Kinks and the Shins. This is my favorite new band.
on June 28, 2017
One of the best albums I've purchased in a long time and one of the few albums I've bought that I can listen to the whole thing from start to finish and like every song. Some are political, satirical, funny, touching and all are relatable. I've recommended this to everyone.
on May 26, 2017
I love this CD - my favorite Passenger CD (so far!) The songs seem to flow into each other, with so many beautiful songs and instruments. Very enjoyable.
on October 29, 2013
I had no idea who Passenger was before his single, Let Her Go was released on the radio. I bought the album on a whim because I love that song and I've since said that the purchase was one of the better life decisions I've made. I absolutely love the album. There is a song or two that I don't love as much as the rest, but the vast majority of them have either touching or hilarious lyrics, great music, and are easy to sing along to like a fool in the car.

Not all of the lyrics are suitable for kids, so you'll get some sideways glances from any children old enough to understand some of the (bad) words. But, I find the honesty in his songs so refreshing that I just sort of gloss over those words. They work and they make sense in every case. His voice is so different from all of the pop junk that is out today- it's soothing and interesting at the same time.

If you like Let Her Go, you'll love the album. I know I did.