Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

All The Little Lights
Format: Audio CD|Change

on December 16, 2013
First, if you are wondering about the [Explicit] warning on the album, don't be. This album is not full of swearing. I went through and listened specifically for swearing, and there were six instances of swearing in the entire album (across 4 songs). Most of the songs are completely clean.

The lead singer of this "group" was born in England, although his accent sounds Irish to this American. If you like the main hit on this album "Let Her Go", the rest are almost that good, and in a style that is not far off from it. Most of the songs are reflective or social-commentary, but not in an angry way. If you're looking for a mellow, yet upbeat album and are OK with something folk-y, I recommend this.

I bought this album at the same time I bought "Bad Blood" by Bastille and I recommend both for the same reasons: mellow, yet upbeat music with a consistent quality and style that I can listen to all the way through without skipping a single track.
50 people found this helpful
on August 8, 2013
"Let Her Go" has been a Number 1 song in 16 countries for good reason. The U.S.A. is about to discover what all the fuss is about. A great album by a fine singer/songwriter.
42 people found this helpful
on March 29, 2017
Songwriter, artist, musician, poet, entertainer, philosopher, storyteller - If you love and appreciate great song craft and are not yet fully immersed in Passenger's work, you should be. If you are familiar and fully acquainted but don't absolutely love what he does, then there is something wrong with you.

I just stumbled into his albums recently and was completely blown away. Then, I saw him in concert last night and became even more impressed. His ability to move a listener - whether in recorded content or, even better, live in person, is matched by very few. In a mass of generic, uninspiring noise, Passenger is the real deal. His ability to weave a story in his music and stimulate emotional response is reminiscent of some of the best of the past: Jim Croce, Paul Simon, Tom Waits, Bob Dylan.

I challenge you to spend some good, quality time getting lost in Passenger's music and not coming away feeling better - inspired, moved, content, joyful.
2 people found this helpful
on August 18, 2013
Passenger's music cuts right to the soul and surprises tears to my eyes each time I listen to a new composition. Mixing quiet yet innovative folk music with scintillating lyrics, each song makes keen observations on the hidden truths of human nature... and it is impossible not to envision the mythology of your own life experiences entwined with each thoughtful verse. Very rarely does a talent like this find voice in the world, and I can only hope that this traveling troubadour has many more songs to share with us all.
21 people found this helpful
on October 29, 2013
I had no idea who Passenger was before his single, Let Her Go was released on the radio. I bought the album on a whim because I love that song and I've since said that the purchase was one of the better life decisions I've made. I absolutely love the album. There is a song or two that I don't love as much as the rest, but the vast majority of them have either touching or hilarious lyrics, great music, and are easy to sing along to like a fool in the car.

Not all of the lyrics are suitable for kids, so you'll get some sideways glances from any children old enough to understand some of the (bad) words. But, I find the honesty in his songs so refreshing that I just sort of gloss over those words. They work and they make sense in every case. His voice is so different from all of the pop junk that is out today- it's soothing and interesting at the same time.

If you like Let Her Go, you'll love the album. I know I did.
3 people found this helpful
on January 12, 2013
I picked up this album after sampling all the tracks and it sounded like something I was in the mood for- also, the album was on sale. Woah, I was taken aback by the gentle and honest lyrics, but the melodic songs. There is a fine line in Passenger's album that is both hard and soft, and I enjoyed every song. The other thing I like is that there are 5 acoustic versions of songs on the album at the end, which is something I haven't seen an artist do: basically give me free acoustic version of the album's music. Great stuff.
34 people found this helpful
on May 12, 2014
Heard a Passenger song on a TV program and decided that rather than purchasing just the one popular song I liked, that I'd get the entire CD...reason being, didn't want to miss a possible other song or two I don't know that also become my favorites. Actually enjoy every single song on this CD. Only mysterious thing about this CD is the length of time between the 2nd to the last song, & the last song. If you don't know how many songs there should be and you're keeping track of how many have played, one would more than likely think the CD was over because of the extraordinary amount of time (feels like 2 minutes of dead air time) between the two songs...but you need to hear the last song too so either wait for it or forward to the last song. Love this band's music, musicianship, messages in the lyrics.
on January 8, 2014
I will say this right now. Other than the free latin music samplers on Amazon this it the best cost benefit CD purchase I have made in a very long long time. Why? The lyrics are thoughtful, funny, entertaining, thought provoking and the music is non-jarring. This is something that you can put on on Saturday morning when you get up and hop in the shower and let it play while you are throwing in a load of laundry, making your coffee and breakfast, getting the dog ready for theirs and it just seems like a natural part of the soundtrack to your life. For me this is not during the week or day music but during the evening / weekend music. The guy is talented and literally every track on this CD has something good in it which makes this a really good buy. Do I like Mumford and Sons? No, if you needed to know that...
on April 5, 2014
I've been exploring some folk music on my own terms for the past year. I thought about getting this album, for a while now. I finally did over the holidays, and there are no regrets here. I enjoy all the songs and love driving to this album, especially Staring At the Stars. I really feel like his songs speak to me.

The subjects in his songs are directly related to my generation from the disdain for society to feelings of inadequacy of accomplishment. He illustrates these ideas eloquently and fits it into good music. I wasn't expecting that at all, so it was a pleasant surprise. So this is modern folk music.

I definitely am glad I bought this album. Highly recommended to anyone who is considering.
on October 23, 2012
I first heard Passenger's 'Let Her Go' on Sirius Radio while slinging coffee at work. It took me awhile to notice the song and like it... but I really enjoy it. It was nice to find it free on Amazon along with other free gems I've stumbled across on here (The Veils come to mind..) I think though if you are buying 'All the Little Lights" and you have nice headphones, a good system or you have a picky ear you should stick with a CD and rip it at 320 kbps yourself. I notice a lot of clipping on this particular album, but it does include a few more tracks than the American cd pressing. You can (as noted by another reviewer) buy the import and get all the tracks. I've been happy with most of Amazon's mp3 albums but this one has too much compression applied or something and it just doesn't sound like it should. I'd never take away a star because of the quality of sound this album deserves my rating even on an 8 track.