BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon drwho drwho drwho  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 2, 2016
This is an exciting and accurate telling of a very significant chapter in our nation's history. While attending college in Washington as this unfolded, I couldn't wait to get my daily copy of the Washington Post. "All The President's Men" captures the essence of Watergate, its meaning for our democracy and delivers everything a 'thriller' should. It should be seen by everyone.
on June 1, 2017
The Watergate scandal is described by Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein in this excellent, timely film starring Dustin Hoffman and Robert Redford. Well worth watching in this era of political tension.
on April 4, 2017
Terrific Movie, great script, great acting. They don't make 'em like this anymore
on March 4, 2016
I rented this video 3 times before I decided to buy it. This is the kind of movie I like, but it takes watching it more than once (for me) to get all the facts and action. I remember this sad aspect of our history and I was intrigued by the journalistic integrity of the reporters and the editors/publisher in uncovering the facts. I believe that Redford and Hoffman were outstanding in their performance and I would strongly suggest it for anyone who is as interested in era of our history...I would also suggest 'Frost/Nixon' as a follow-up.
on June 5, 2016
Exceptional. This movie is a snapshot of a time when people had to dial the telephone. No computers, just typewriters, shoe leather, and grinding it out. Journalists. This is why Ben Bradlee once described journalism as "the first rough draft of history." They got it right. The movie was well done, well acted, and Jason Robards deserved his Oscar for playing the impeccable Ben Bradlee.
on June 10, 2016
I forgot what a great film this was (and also a fantastic book). A cast of great actors, and with the exception of Hoffman and Redford, all are now gone. Besides being a great retelling of this historical period in American political history, it shows what true investigative reporting looks like, how a newspaper used to be run - especially before the internet. We watched it with our 17 year old son and live outside of DC in Maryland. It was local news to my wife and I when we were growing up. A story of power, corruption and contempt for the rule of law.
on January 6, 2017
I loved this classic dramatization of the watergate scandal. I have a feeling that the sort of hard-nosed investigative work we see done here is rapidly disappearing from the world of journalism. Regardless, the movie has good pace, and does an excellent job of slowly unravelling the conspiracy.
on March 18, 2017
It's a great older movie that I first saw as a child and witnessed in real life.
on April 12, 2017
This is even more excellent than it was the firs time along
on March 15, 2016
I have watched this movie over and over again. The story is so compelling. And it's amazing that it actually happened!

So many think that Watergate was just about a burglary and an attempt to bug the Democratic National Headquarters. But it was so much more: It was the overreach of an Imperial President; it was the subversion of our democratic republic for political gain; it was a coverup to that subversion that tried to enlist the FBI and CIA in the cover up; it was the spying on the American people by the Executive branch; and more and more, and a President who not only tried to cover up, but actively tried to bribe people to commit perjury.....

Obviously, the two books on this, the original source book for this movie, "All the President's Men" and "The Final Days" that covers the time from the end of the first book to the end of Nixon's Presidency, provides much more depth on everything. But this movie is a wonderful introduction to the book and should be required viewing for any and all civics classes today.