Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: All Things Alice: The Wit, Wisdom,and Wonderland of Lewis Carroll
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

82%
18%
Format: Hardcover|Change

on October 21, 2005
I have been collecting Alice in Wonderland items for nearly 30 years and I am happy to add this book to my collection. The information is presented in a format that is accessible to the general public and not just the Alice afficianado. The book production is also wery pleasing. The wonder of Alice is how she shows up all over the globe in so many ways 140 years after her conception. I think the title of the book understates to what extent Alice lives in our modern popular culture.
on January 7, 2005
I love this book. I received it yesterday at my office and read what I could on my lunch hour. I couldn't wait to get home. I bought this because I wanted to eventually introduce my 1 year old granddaughter to "Alice In Wonderland." Imagine my surprise to find that I can start reading to her now. There are extended nursery rhymes, funny sayings and a fascinating dialogue through the whole book. The illustrations are superb! I can start my granddaughter on the "white rabbit, calico cat, the queen" as well as "Alice" just from these wonderful illustrations. I can highly recommend this book for children and also adults who enjoy Lewis Carroll's wit. I cannot write enough good things about it.
VINE VOICEon November 29, 2009
Kind of like a wikipedia for Alice. They have a few of these kinds of books, i think a wizard of oz one? It's a nice mini coffee table style book. It has pretty much every song, product, book, whatever, made in reference to Alice or her adventures. A good addition to the collection of an Alice lover, like me.
on August 27, 2015
352 pages. This is an incredible (somewhat odd-shaped) book that is absolutely loaded with Alice-related artwork, quotations, poems, factual information, letters, riddles and even more. It's divided into sections which include: Living Backwards, About Alice, Large as Life and Twice As Natural: Carroll Creatures, Royalty in Wonderland, Birthday Specials, How Long Ago Anything Happened, Imperial Fiddlesticks: Letters of Lewis Caroll, Poetry of Cabbages & Kings, Stories of Shoes, Ships and SealingWax; Curiouser and Curiouser Amusements; Recipes To Feed Your Head; As It Isn't, It't Ain't: Carroll Commentaries and Drawings of a Muchness Appendix.

I was really amazed at the variety of things in this book and how interesting it was. I consider this one an absolute must for the Lewis Carroll/Alice in Wonderland collector.
on May 20, 2009
Some interesting, little known facts re: Alice books' history, sales at auctions, etc. Beautiful, well-illustrated book. Nice, light reading.
on March 27, 2011
This is a charming delightfully colorful book, with drawings of Alice and her Wonderland from different countries and publications, from cover to cover, literally; no pun intended. Text includes memorable and often hilarious quotes, notes on all AIW movies, interesting facts, letters from Carroll to his little friends and even recipes. The size and shape of the book is even fun and novel (again, no pun intended). Completely enjoyable for any Alice fan.
on July 2, 2015
Bought this as a gift for an Alice lover and the book will not disappoint. Some many new facts and stroies they are sure to like it. The size of the book is great, small and square and just perfect. I feel this was a very good purchase, and will make any Alice fan very happy.
VINE VOICEon October 3, 2014
For anyone who is as much of an Alice-ophile as I am, this was a delightful little collection of quotes, resources, recipes, letters, and art. It highlighted Lewis Carroll’s unique personality and how he came about writing the children’s classics that made him famous. Beautifully illustrated, it included facsimiles of his personal letters, reproductions of Alice inspired art, and even a few pop-culture references (Morpheus from The Matrix). I only wish that, instead of numerous quotes directly from the text of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, there were more examples about how Carroll’s works influenced society. After all, Sunshine claims it is the third most quoted literary work behind The Bible and Shakespeare. Regardless, this was a fun book to peruse and a nice addition to my Alice collection.
on August 5, 2013
I was surprised by how thick the pages were. Each page in itself is beautiful and interesting, but somehow I expect a lot more of them. The pages at the end talking about Alice movies and websites is very useful.
on December 26, 2010
This is the ultimate gift for any Alice in Wonderland fan you know. I saw this book when I was in Disneyworld, but I did not buy it because I knew it would be cheaper on amazon.
I highly recommend this book. It really is anything and everything alice!