All-new Echo (2nd Generation) with improved sound, powered by Dolby, and a new design – Charcoal Fabric
- All-new Echo (2nd Gen) has a new speaker, new design, and is available in six styles including fabrics and wood veneers. Echo connects to Alexa to play music, make calls, set alarms and timers, ask questions, control smart home devices, and more—instantly.
- Just ask for a song, artist, or genre from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, and more. With multi-room music, you can play music on compatible Echo devices in different rooms. Echo can also play audiobooks, radio stations, news briefs, and more.
- Call or message anyone hands-free with your Echo device. Also, instantly connect to other Echo devices in your home using just your voice.
- New speaker, now with Dolby processing for crisp vocals and dynamic bass response. Echo can fill the room with 360° omnidirectional audio.
- With seven microphones, beamforming technology, and noise cancellation, Echo hears you from any direction—even while music is playing
- Just ask Alexa to check your calendar, weather, traffic, and sports scores, manage to-do and shopping lists, control your compatible smart lights, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, and more
- Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new features and skills. Just ask Alexa to control your TV, request an Uber, order a pizza, and more.
Echo uses tens of thousands of skills and counting. Skills add even more capabilities like ordering a pizza from Domino's, requesting a ride from Uber, tracking your fitness with Fitbit, controlling your TV with Dish, and more. To enable new skills, just ask Alexa.
New skills are being added all the time. You can also see ratings and reviews to learn what other customers are saying about the thousands of skills available in the Alexa App. Discover and enable skills.
Compare Echo devices
|Overview||Add Alexa to any room||Room filling sound with six fabrics or finishes||Includes a built-in smart home hub||Stylish and compact Echo with a screen||Optimized for visuals and room filling sound|
|Speaker size||0.6" speaker||2.5" woofer and 0.6" tweeter||2.5" woofer and 0.8" tweeter||1.4" speaker||Dual 2.0" speakers|
|Screen size||2.5" screen||7.0" screen|
|Dual speakers with room-filling sound, powered by Dolby|
|Play video from Amazon Video and more|
|Built-in hub for simple setup of compatible smart home devices|
|Streaming Wi-fi music (including Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, and more)|
|Line-out with 3.5 mm cable or Bluetooth||Bluetooth only|
|Free audio calls to US, Mexico, and Canada|
|Control smart home devices|
|Device size (actual size and weight may vary)||1.3" x 3.3" x 3.3", 5.7 oz. (32 mm x 84 mm x 84 mm, 163 grams)||5.9" x 3.5" x 3.5", 29.0 oz. (148 mm x 88 mm x 88 mm, 821 grams)||9.3" x 3.3" x 3.3", 33.6 oz. (235 mm x 84 mm x 84 mm, 954 grams)||4.1" x 3.8" x 3.6", 14.8 oz. (104 mm x 97 mm x 91 mm, 419 grams)||7.4" x 7.4" x 3.5", 41.0 oz. (187 mm x 187 mm x 90 mm, 1170 grams)|
5.9” x 3.5” x 3.5” (148 mm x 88 mm x 88 mm)
29.0 oz. (821 grams) Actual size and weight may vary by manufacturing process
Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 and 5 GHz) networks. Does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.
Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Echo or from Echo to your Bluetooth speaker. Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices. Bluetooth speakers requiring PIN codes are not supported.