Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on April 14, 2013
So it looks like you really only have 2.75 gigs out of the 4 gigabytes of storage, first of all. I know the OS will take up some. But then it looks like there are two partitions on the internal storage. Once is about 1 gigabite, which is all apps (I'm currently seeing 246 MB used) and then another internal storage partition that is 1.74 gig. This has a mixture of apps, pictures/videos, and audio on it. I'm not sure when one apps get installed to by default, either, but I'm guessing it's the 1.74 gig partition. I'm not sure why it's not just using one partition for everything, as that means there's some space that you'll not be able to install apps on, if I understand correctly.

Using the launcher that came with it, after you've loaded a few apps like Facebook, Evernote, etc, you'll experience a great slowdown. I recommend switching to a more lightweight launcher. I switched to Lightning Launcher. Now I don't have too much of an issue with speed.

For the price, don't expect a display nearly as good as a Kindle Fire HD, Nexus 7, or iPad. However, the display is decent for a tablet of this price and the touchscreen is quite responsive most of the time.

I sold my Kindle Fire HD the other week because I needed the money at the time and I decided to get a lower end tablet so I could get back to learning how to develop for Android and also have something to take notes on. I love Evernote.

For those who like Google Chrome for Android, while it will install and load, you're going to have an issue typing in the URL. You actually will have to tap and hold your finger on the address bar in Chrome, and then, you may or may not be able to type something in. I love Google Chrome but it just doesn't work quite right on this tablet, so I'm using the default browser. I will probably try some other browsers soon.

With some tweaks like changing to a lightweight launcher, this is a pretty usable tablet for really cheap. AT LEAST switch to a lightweight launcher, though. Otherwise, you might not be so happy with this tablet.

I found another great reason to like this tablet. For a hacker like me, I like this. It already comes rooted. That makes it even more possible to tweak the system to my liking. :)

I just discovered there was a protective plastic layer on top of the screen. I removed it and my problems using chrome were solved. Also if you are seeing scratches, try removing that plastic later. You'll be at the actual glass screen
55 comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 9, 2013
First off...for people expecting an Ipad or Galaxy Tab...you're not going to get it for the price. What you will get is a nicely packaged mid-level tablet. It's light weight and smaller size make it great for carrying around. Despite the smaller 7" screen size, it has very good graphics for games, movies and books. The touch screen can be a little quirky in response, but it's functionality doesn't suffer in the least. It comes pre-loaded with Google Play, which a lot of cheaper tablets can't run. Plus it has enough memory to download and run most any apps, except the Weather Channel widget that it doesn't seem to like.
99 comments| 370 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 26, 2013
I had to send this item back three times. It never charged this item is not worth the money or time. It gave me headache so please I beg of you not to BUY!!!! NO GOOD!!!!!! THIS IS A HEADACHE ITEM!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T BUY!!!!!!
on August 7, 2017
This thing broke so fast, and when it did it lagged so bad. Super slow
on December 24, 2013
I got this for my mother for Christmas and I wanted to have it all set up for her so I went to charge it up and NOTHING. No lights nothing. I leave it on the charger for days and NOTHING. I try using a usb charger instead of the one provided and NOTHING!! Christmas is tomorrow and her main gift doesnt even work. What a let down!
on August 15, 2013
I bought this as a gift for my father. My father is a older man and called me because he was having trouble getting it to turn on. I went over to help him ITS BECAUSE THE TABLET WOULD NOT CHARGE! At this point he had the tablet for longer than 30 days . He wanted it for when he was away from home. At his age in his shape that does not happen often. Which is why it took him so long to realize that it was in fact NOT CHARGING and it WAS NOT that HE COULD NOT TURN IT ON. I submitted my feedback the company emailed me asking me to remove my feedback I said only if they refund my money.I since bought him a different tablet.The company will not contact me back again since I asked for my money back.
on July 12, 2013
the product gave me problems had to reset twice, with software that the computer was locked, and deprogrammed and wants no wifi connexion
on June 19, 2013
I read the reviews , and was hesitant. I figured I wold not get a bad one. To late. It is very slow so you need patience to wait for it to load and or access the internet. I did contact the seller as well as AMAZON, to request assistance on aser replacement with no - no - response. I even thought to upgrade to 9in and pay the what then was 20 dollars difference. I am sorry to say , I would not recommend this product and or company.
on October 29, 2013
very slow. cannot download ALOT of stuff. stopped charging after 3 weeks. I returned it for a refund. Spend the few extra dollars on something decent.
on January 6, 2015
The tablet arrived just as it looked in the picture. The unique pink color matched perfectly. It works as expected for the low price. I didn't want to spend to much, as it was for my stepdaughter who broke her last tablet. It is perfect for her at age 6.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.