Piano Wizard Premier Software
- Patented 4-step method has anyone from age 3 to 103 playing music instantly!
- Comes with color-coded washable and removable stickers to place on virtually any MIDI-compatible keyboard. Use your own digital keyboard, or buy one straight from your Apple store.
- Select from 200 great songs, including some rock and pop classics. Piano Wizard PREMIER includes a 100-song EASY MODE step by step curriculum, plus 100 more timeless selections.
- Play virtually any piece of music you like! Add in any of the thousands of MIDI songs available on the web or in music stores, extending the game's playability for years to come.
- Display note names or fingerings to broaden your learning experience.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
"The keyboards are what is called "touch sensitive" or "velocity sensitive". During Piano Wizard game play they act as on/off switches, but in Free Play the "speed" of the fingers pressing (how hard you play) affects how loud they notes sound. Kids are not always able to do that with finger strength alone.
I remember my piano teacher talking about a different approach, one that Beethoven used, of "weighting" the playing of the piano with the weight of his arms, in other words, not playing from the fingers or even wrists, but from the elbows and shoulders. We tend to want to hover close to the keys to not miss, but in fact we can and often see incredible accuracy from people playing in pieces that do not permit you to stay in one finger zone at all.Read more ›
i am at lesson 4 in easy mode now. i have played the program for a total of 14.5 hours. i am by no means good but im better than people i know who have taken 2 months of conventional lessons racking up 60+ hours of practice time.
the only downside i see is the sound quality, but its a kid game. so really who cares. also if you buy this version you can hook up your own keyboard or digital piano for a fancy sound that kids dont care about anyway. i mean really.
ive heard people complain about the songs chosen. well they are chosen to be ever so slightly harder than the last song. and when you complete all 100 you can add thousands of songs. i have already downloaded some free midi songs that i want to learn when i complete lesson 10.
what makes me feel best about piano wizard is that i was able to sit down in a music store and play a song i learned in the game on a digital piano.
the only advice i can give other than 'buy this product' is that when you get past old macdonald its easier to just start in the second level of a song with it already horizontal.. and maybe that the dinosaur background has the easiest to see flying object
really, for such a wonderful product it sure does get a lot of bad reviews from people who dont bother to read the instructions.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Full Disclosure here, I am the CEO and founder of Music Wizard, creator of Piano Wizard, responding to the product reviewed above as being "like Guitar Hero".
Sigh. Read more
This is interesting, and hopefully useful, but very old software. It looks to be about 10 years old, doesn't look good at all in full screen, and has horrible sound quality. Read morePublished on November 14, 2009 by Branden