Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Prophets of Rage PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,298 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,667 reviews
on February 1, 2016
Purchased and successfully quit within one month.

I bought the book and left it on the coffee table for a week or two. Picked it up after I returned from a vacation. Read most (3/4), but to be honest, I never finished the book. I didn't need to. I smoked my last cigarette on July 14, 2015 and I have not looked back. I smoked for over 20 years and now I have been free for over six months.

I started smoking when I was in high school, 15 or 16. Was a confirmed, moderate to heavy smoker from that point forward (1/2 pack to pack+ a day). I quit once for about a year in 2005-6, cold turkey. I hated it, was miserable, cried a lot and missed smoking all the time. Felt as though I was denying myself the joy and pleasure of smoking.

The last six-plus months have been completely different. I do not miss smoking. I feel relieved of a burden. I am confident I will never smoke again and I am so grateful for that. I wanted to quit. I was ready, but I was intimidated and worried I would again miss it forever, so I just put it off over and over again. Then I remembered someone mentioning this book and I figured for less than $15 and with the volume of positive reviews, it was worth a shot.

I think wanting to quit/being ready is an important piece of why this book worked for me. I was open to the power of suggestion and it helped me shift my perspective on quitting from one of fear and missing out, to one of joy and gratitude. My husband is still a smoker and I can't even get him to turn a few pages, so I know it's a personal decision and one that only the smoker can make... but if YOU are looking for a path to become a non-smoker, I suggest you give this book a try. Good luck!
on August 22, 2017
This book was amazing. It explained and broke down nicotine and how potent and addicting it was. I read it once and then started writing notes that helped me. Half way through second time I felt I was done, and I stopped the chain. It is amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it. It's weird to think I ever smoked and hope my smoking friends would stop too. The book explains it but you feel a weight lifted off your shoulders. It really works but it's up to the reader to believe they want to stop and the will to read and learn. Best wishes and success to anyone reading this.
on November 6, 2016
Stopped smoking 7 years ago because of this book! Based on 1 pack a day, I saved approximately $17,855!...Not to mention how much I saved my lungs thereby making my health much better. This book makes it so easy as it says in the title to stop smoking! Allen Carr doesn't even require you to stop smoking while reading this book; you just must read it! It works for drinking too although he does have a book called "Callen Carr's Easy Way to Control Your Drinking". I recommend this book to anyone who struggles with quitting smoking and the other book for anyone who struggles with quitting drinking. Not only will they save you a lot of money, they'll save your health as well. Imagine what it felt like as a little child who never thought about what drinking alcohol or smoking cigarettes was all about. It's totally possible.Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking
on July 17, 2013
I smoked for 26 odd years. The first smoking cessation event occurred, decades ago, via the cold turkey method, which lasted all of six weeks.

Noticed the 20th Anniversary (2005) edition, of this book, in a bookstore, in July, of 2011, and purchased it, on a lark, as the title was intriguing, and it was time to stop smoking again, as the price of cigarettes had become non-affordable, due to overtaxation, perpetrated by the anti-smoking zealots. Cancer is a heredity genetic defect, anti-smokers, inclusive of the author, disseminate misinformation that smoking results in cancer.

The second attempt, at smoking cessation, in July, of 2011, was much easier, utilizing the tactical mental techniques taught, in this book; sans nicotine patches, inhalers, electronic cigarettes, etc. The mental technique allows one to deflect, evade, and ward off the nicotine craving until they fade; averting nicotine replenishment. A slicker, smarter, & easier methodology compared to plain cold turkey. Success requires smoking cessation to be a high priority personal objective, as the book only provides the tactical mental methodology, but not the motivation, which is crucial. Concurrence with the author's opinions appears to be irrelevant, to success; however deployment of the subtilely concealed tactical mental techniques appears to be mandatory, for success. Slight personalization, making it more germane to oneself, is advisable, as it increases the probably of success. It made a difference, for moi.

Cold turkey alone will wean one off the nicotine addiction, however it will not address or eliminate smoking recidivism, which the author attempts, to address, in the book, for the masses, utilizing generic solutions, applicable to the majority, which is why his smoking cessation methodology lasts, for the majority. Basically, one must eliminate, the desire; a.k.a., root cause elimination, for successful long term cessation.

The book is quite economical, given the price of the book, at the time, and more frugal when compared to the other smoking cessation methodologies. Recoupment of the initial financial investment (ROI) has occurred, many folds over, via avoidance of purchases of extremely overtaxed cigarettes. The extreme overtaxation makes smoking non-affordable, for the non-affluent, financial discrimination.

The passage of time, has validated, the methodology durability & sustainability, i.e., zero smoking recidivism, up to the moment, meriting posting of this review, on the second anniversary of smoking cessation. Paraphrasing the author favorite catchphrase, again, on the third anniversary: Yippee; I have been a non-smoker, for three years.

My posthumous thanks, and kudos to Mr. Allen Carr, the author, for the creation, and publication of an affordable low cost smoking cessation technique, of especial relevance to the indigents.

Nota bene, the 2011 American edition, of this book, contains changes, not made by the author, that may lessen the smoking cessation success rate, obviously, the revisionist believed otherwise, and did not pay homage to the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." philosophy, caveat emptor.
on September 17, 2017
Best book ever. I was so skeptical that a book could make me quit smoking. I had no will power hardly at all. But I read it and did as it said and smoked my last cigarette before bed and through it all out and got up and haven't had once since. That was over 2 years ago. And I do not even crave them which was a concern I had. Great book.
on January 8, 2017
Excellent, this worked and also for my friends, two of whom were heavy smokers; try it, what have you got to lose when it costs as much as a pack of cigarettes or two
on July 8, 2017
Great to hear for motivation but didn't work for me. Tried this book and patches throughout 25 years, both several times. I have been smoke free for 4 months now, but what worked for me was Wellbutrin. Whatever works for you, great!
As far as this read, it's totally worth checking out. My roommate swears by this book. He says read it cover to cover in one sitting, and that is how he has remained a non-smoker (well, besides that one year relapse on his trip to Europe). He's so fancy.
on March 3, 2017
Best 13$ I've ever spent, wish I would have read it long ago. I've been a smoker for 17 years and haven't smoked a cigarette in 2 weeks. Feels amazing, no mood swings or anxiety attacks. Im enjoying learning life as a non-smoker...you can too!!
on September 8, 2015
Thank God for this book.

Seriously. I tried it all. Smoked from the time I was 13 till 24 and Because of this book, I've been a non-smoker for 3, THREE years!!! I'm super sensitive to the most simple of drugs such as advil, Tylenol. So when it came to these "helpers" I felt really bad. I tried chantix, the patches, the gums, the expensive gums, the cheap gums, e-cigs, even pineapple juice...I felt totally despair when I was using these things. But when I committed to reading and finishing this book, I quit - and it WAS easy. It will be easy for you too. Believe in yourself, give this book a true honest shot and believe in the process. You will gain your whole, beautiful life.
on May 31, 2016
This is the most confident I have ever been about being successful at stopping smoking... I smoked my last cigarette today... I am a non smoker and I am thrilled...