Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Size: 1 Pack|Change
Price:$6.74+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 590 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 620 reviews
on January 15, 2011
These glasses work perfectly over my eyeglasses. Very comfortable and they work well together with my ear protection muffs. I wasn't certain about the color but when I took them to the range I found that the yellow-green tint improved my view of the targets.
on May 6, 2011
I bought these safety glasses because when I went shooting at the range for my military M4 and M9 qualifications, they had no safety glasses that would fit over my eyeglasses. One of the SEALs told me that there were safety glasses out there that would fit right over my glasses, and guess what? These glasses did just that. Now, I have Oakley eyeglasses and they are low profile and don't protrude very much, so if you have much larger glasses, you may still have a problem, but I don't think you will find a better choice on the market than these. Your other choice is to wear contacts.
88 comments| 216 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2016
UPDATE: After shooting with these for a few months, I'm going to have to find another pair. I've had two instances of casings ejecting back at me and getting between the glasses and my eye. The first time the casing went clear through and didn't touch anything on it's way out. I wrote it off as a fluke and continued to wear the glasses.
This last time the casing got through the area where my brow ridge meets my nose and got caught between my face and my prescription glasses. Luckily it didn't touch my eye, but it was one time too many and way too close for comfort to keep using these.
You may say that the glasses must have not been snug on my face for the casing to be able to get through. That may be the case, but I can say that they started out that way and must have moved due to fit without me realizing it. Either way I don't trust them to protect my eyes.
review image
on March 6, 2013
I bought these safety glasses for shooting to fit over my prescription glasses. My prescription glasses are 5.625" from outside edge to outside edge, and the interior width of these safety glasses fit over my prescription frame nicely! I also tried the Pyramex OTS safety glasses, but they were too narrow to fit over my prescription frames.

These Allen safety glasses have the yellow lenses, and two black 5" plastic temples. The glasses are overall 6" wide (outside edge to outside edge) and about 6.25" from lens front to the end of the temples. The temples aren't adjustable in length like the Pyramex OTS, but the black plastic is soft enough that they're comfortable to wear. There's a soft rubber pad that runs along the top edge of the lenses where they might come in contact with your face.

The fit: These safety glasses have a rim across the top on which they rest on the prescription glasses. The rim continues along the curved sides of the lenses. Where the rim hits your prescription frames determines where these safety glasses will rest on your face. My 5.625" prescription frames are wide enough that the corner of my frames hit the curved part of the rim, so the top of the safety glasses are 0.5" above the top of my Rx frame (must be what these glasses were designed to, because they actually rest in the middle of the lenses). Perfect fit.

I tried these safety glasses over a pair of old prescription frame that is 5.25" wide and the top rim of the safety glasses rested on the top of my Rx frame. It works, but not ideal.

The jury is still out on the yellow lenses however. I'll give it some time to get used to. The clear lenses were one month back ordered.
on March 18, 2016
I'm not impressed by this product. After only using them once at the range I'm looking for an alternative solution to over-prescription eye protection. I encountered four major problems:
Firstly they don't fit well over my glasses. This created a very unexpected problem. While putting 150 rounds through my Glock 19 I experienced three unwelcome encounters with spent casings. One of them lodged on the ear piece above my ear and burned me at the hairline. The second landed on the top of the glasses at my forehead and stayed there. The third actually fell through the gap between the protection and my forehead and entered the glasses, landing on my cheek. I had to remove the glasses to remove the hot casing. I feel that rather than protecting my face and eyes, they increased my exposure to hot casings. I feel I was safer with only my glasses.
Secondly, they were very uncomfortable. With glasses and eye-protection beneath, my ear protectors pressed painfully against my temple. I had to remove the eye-protectors after only 30 minutes of shooting because the combination was so uncomfortable.
Thirdly, the combination interfered with the correct functioning of the hearing protection. The gentleman in the lane beside me was shooting a .45. I was shocked by how loud it was. Then I realized that the eye-protectors were impairing the seal of the hearing-protectors around my years. When I removed the eye-protectors, the .45 was dramatically quieter.
Lastly the rubber strip that fits across the top of the glasses kept pulling away. The strip is just laying there, not glued, crimped or in anyway fastened to the protectors. If I wear them again I'm going to have to glue this strip down. I assume this strip is there to form a seal against the forehead. But even in place it failed to prevent a 9 mm casing from falling through to the inside of the eye-protectors.
Did they work? I guess. I left the range without eye damage, but my eye glasses have proven equally effective in this without the added wearing discomfort, ear trauma, burns and trapped casings.
I can not recommend this product.
on December 9, 2012
First of all, these safety glasses fit well over my prescription glasses (which are Oakley's with a raised accent on the sides) . . . I was concerned that this would not fit. They seem sturdier than I expected. They were fairly comfortable, but I did not wear them for a long period. I thought the color would detract from my visibility at the range, but surprisingly, they actually enhanced that and I could see much clearer (and brighter) that I had expected. The reason I'm giving them a 3 is because it fogged up on me at the range yesterday (3 times I tried to wear them). Granted, that was my first time trying these safety glasses and maybe I was not doing something correctly, so I'll give them another try next week at the range. I put them on over my glasses after I had my earmuffs, glasses and cap on. So I'll reverse the order and put on these glasses first, them my cap, and finally the earmuffs and see if that results ina better (proper?) fit to avoid the fogging effect. You can't shoot accurately if you can't see the target . . LOL!
on October 25, 2015
These make everything look super bright. Not sure if all yellow shooting glasses do that or not. I don't like to be squinting while shooting. My husband thinks they are fine for him. I bought some clear ones for me. They fit over his glasses (small plastic frames) well.
on June 12, 2014
Took the boys out for shooting and safety lessons. I bought a couple sets of glasses, these for me and a couple others for him to try/use. He eventually took these from me and said they were most comfortable and best vision. After he had these on, i did not have to issue any reminders to "hey, get your eyes on!"
on March 28, 2017
Usually wearing some kind of ear protection plus glasses so I need thin ear piece. These are more comfortable than any others I have had. Good quality, minimal distortion, which is important, good price.
on March 24, 2017
They work very well. An unexpected plus was when I could not see the laser dot when sighting in. I'm color blind so the red dot was hard to see. Put on the glasses and could see the red dot perfect. This is probably how I would market it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.