Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Allen & Heath ZED-436 32 Mic/Line, 4 Bus Live Soun..." and save 54% off the $2,399.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $41.52 shipping
3-Year Musical Instruments Accident Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Allen & Heath ZED-436 32 Mic/Line, 4 Bus Live Sound Mixer with USB Interface
|Price:||$2,199.00 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
- 32 Mic/line inputs
- 6 Auxiliary sends
- 4 Band eq with sweep mids
- 100MM Professional faders
- USB I/O with Sonar software
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The ZED-436 has a fantastic pedigree which comes from nearly 40 years of making mixing desks for the professional sound community. The audio circuitry is based on years of continual development and refinement and the performance of all the elements within the mixer is has been perfected to ensure the very best sound quality possible.
This is a mixer for anyone, from entry-level to professionals, who appreciates fantastic sound, rugged build quality and imaginative feature sets. It'll be equally happy running your gig on stage, recording live or mixing down in your studio at home.
We've teamed up with major software supplier, Cakewalk, to bundle its SONAR LE music creation and audio production software with ZED, giving you a fantastic, high spec digital audio workstation.
What's great about the ZED-436
The ZED 4-Bus series takes inspiration from different product lines within the A&H range, combining them with fresh new ideas to give stunning results in a neat and easy to use package.
The padless DuoPreTM mic/line pre-amplifier is the new design first implemented on the ZED-14 and delivers a high-headroom, low-noise signal. The 4 band, 2 sweep EQ, along with the low noise summing amps, is borrowed from the acclaimed GL2400, while the bus architecture is a simplified, but equally comprehensive, version of that employed in the successful GL series.
The USB audio interface, with its uniquely flexible capability, allows different signals to be sent to USB, from LR or from selected aux buses. The USB return signal can be routed straight to the LR mix or to a stereo channel. The connectors are placed on the top surface for easy plugging & patching, and the construction, with individual circuit boards firmly nutted to the top panel, is as rock solid as Allen & Heath's top of the range ML Series mixers.
The ZED 4-bus series is available with either 16 mono inputs plus 2 dual stereo channels (ZED-420), 24+2 (ZED-428) or 32+2 (ZED-436).
Also included with ZED 4-Bus is the excellent SONAR LE digital audio workstation software for Windows, with audio and MIDI multi-track recording and mixing capability, effects plug-ins and editing features, enabling the ZED 4-Bus mixer to become a live recording or home recording mixer.
One of the great things about the ZED series is the number and variety of things you can plug in. In addition to the sixteen mono channels there are two dual stereo channels, each with a main stereo input on jack sockets and with additional inputs on phono sockets. the USB return can be selected to one of the additional inputs so that it feeds either the main LR bus or the stereo channel.
Based on the proven pre-amps from the hugely successful PA series, the ZED series has new DuoPre pre-amps, which use a two stage design, with carefully controlled amounts of gain in each stage. When amplifying the signal from the XLR input, the gain range is huge - 69dB of range to be exact - and is very evenly distributed around the gain control, meaning better control of signal level. Most of the gain comes from the first stage, so unwanted noise is kept to a minimum. Line level signals are simply plugged into the second stage of the pre-amp by using the line input jack socket, which has the great advantage of less noise when using the line input.
ZED-436 features a responsive 4-band EQ taken from the acclaimed GL2400 mixer. The design utilises MusiQ - optimised slope (or Q factor) for equalising individual instruments.
Six aux sends are provided, of which 1 & 2 are prefade for foldback monitoring, and 3 & 4 are switched pre or post-fade for effects sends. and 5 & 6 are post-fade. Auxes 1 & 2 can be sent to the USB bus for recording pre-fade signals independently to the main mix. Auxes 5 & 6 can also be sent to the USB bus for use as effects sends.
USB audio flexibility
Getting audio to and from a computer easily is now a common requirement for live sound and music production. The way we have implemented this on ZED is super-flexible and super-easy. No longer do you need to fiddle around the back of your PC to get to the soundcard inputs, only to find that the levels are all wrong and noisy. Just plug in a USB lead to your ZED, select the USB routing on the mixer and the device on your computer and that's it. Quality audio to and from your PC or Mac. Three switches provide different send/return configurations for recording, playback and utilizing external FX.
The ZED-436 has been designed using individual vertically mounted circuit boards with each rotary control fixed with a metal nut to the front panel - making a much more robust product that will resist damage and give years of reliable use. ZED also has professional 100mm faders for ultimate control over your levels.
SONAR LE - provided Free!
We have teamed up with Cakewalk to bundle SONAR LE with this ZED mixer. The two team up together in many ways - for example, straightforward recording of a stereo mix, recording tracks individually to build up a song, or for inserting a SONAR LE effects plug-in.
- 4-band EQ with 2 swept mids and in/out switch
- 6 auxiliary sends (2 pre, 2 post, 2 pre/post)
- 4 sub groups fed from each channel
- L, R and M main mix outputs
- Individual channel 48V phantom power
- Direct output on every mono channel
- 2 dual stereo inputs with 4-band EQ
- Peak and signal indication on every channel
- 2 matrix sections available; can send output to USB
- Configurable USB stereo audio in/out
- Master level controls on all outputs
- Easy to use layout -- all connections and controls on top surface
- Cakewalk SONAR LE bundled with mixer
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. It has 7 outputs with sliders of equal sizes, which enable me to control 7 monitor speakers for 7 output channels mixing.
2. It has 6 AUX outs which enable me to 6 independent mixs and send the mixs to musicians headphones.
3. 32 mic. input channels cover all microphones that are used for recordings and multi-channels outputs from the recorder. Although I use separate preamps for the recordings, the mixer's preamplifiers on each channel can be used for recordings too, because all channels have direct outs and independent phantom power switch. I am considering to purchase another one for field recordings with the use of a combination with MOTU 24 I/O. Performances of mic. preamps are not top notch, but, well usable at live recording environments.
4. 4 stereo inputs take signals from computer, CD player and musician's tablets.
Signal routings are very well thought and easy to use, considering very large number of knobs, sliders and cable connectors. Positions of knobs and sliders are logical. This mixer significantly enhanced conveniences at my studio.