Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 11-20 of 1,215 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,340 reviews
on July 31, 2013
I had gotten a new bike, done research on which bike rack type (roof or trunk) would be best for me. I have a 08 focus, and I decided on a trunk rack for a few reasons: 1) Im not the tallest person, so it would be easier to work with, 2) easy assembly, and 3) they were more in my price range.
So, I had never bought a bike rack before, and I did a lot of reading reviews and comparing this to other more pricey bike racks. Everything has a few bad feedbacks, but most of the ones I read on this bike rack were human error. For example, one review stated that the grey foam that goes against the top of the trunk burned marks into the paint. I have been wiping off or cleaning the areas that the bike rack contact the car, this prevents friction burning debris and dirt into the paint, thus no markings after removal. Another review stated that the bike moved a lot when the car was moving, that the pedals and front wheel dented and scratched the car. I used Velcro straps to secure the tires from moving to the bike frame, and put wool socks on the pedals that would possibly come in contact with the car. To keep the bike(s) from swinging in the cradle, I took a large strap and wrapped it around the bike(s) and against the bottom of the rack, putting rags between the bike and rack where they would rub to prevent damage. I've had my boyfriend's and my bikes on the back of my car on trips that are mainly up in speeds between 55 and 75 mph, and have no problems. I do not recommend making sharp and quick turns like a maniac. I don't think we'd want to find out if that would affect the bikes either.
I bought this bike rack back in early June and I have no regrets. It is perfect for my needs, and I wouldn't think of having anything else!!
I hope this advice was helpful!!
Good luck!!
on August 16, 2015
Purchased this carrier to transport 1 womens cruiser bike on a 2013 Honda Civic sedan down to FL from OH in July. It performed flawlessly. I didn't buy any extra straps, I just looped the excess around itself and tied it. Also didn't mess with the extender rod for a womens bike.Your bike will just hang kinda cockeyed. I was extremely paranoid at first but any fears were put to rest after the 3rd or 4th time of stopping and checking for any signs of loosening etc.. Didn't budge for 1000 miles! In this case it was all highway/interstate driving so I can't say how it would do on bumpy or rough back roads. Reviews that said their bikes fell off or something must have been improperly installed or for the wrong type of vehicle. My only concern(which didn't become an issue) is that it does pretty much obscure your license plate. Fantastic bargain
on July 28, 2014
Truth be told!

Ordered on Tuesday, arrived on Friday, on the road Sat morning. The rack is a little small but work for me. This rack is sturdy and well made. Be extremely careful when sliding pins in hole. Your fingers may get caught between pin and frame. Hurt like heck!

I was able to fit my L bike and my friend M bike on rack with no problem. Both bikes are male bikes. However, 2 large bikes may not fit on this rack, or may fit snugged/really tight. 2 things you HAVE to do. First, you need to tie your front wheel to bike frame, or to bike rack to keep front wheel from spinning during transport (spinning may damage car). Second, you need to tie pedal to bike frame, or bike rack to keep pedals from rotating during transports. The breeze from driving will cause wheel to spin, inturn causing pedals to rotate. Rotation of pedals may damage your car. 2 simple and easy fixes. Bikes will move somewhat during transport, but no worries, blame the wind. I drove 65-75 miles per hour with no problem. If the rack is on car properly, and bikes on rack properly, no worries. My friend jokinly said if her bike falls unto the pavement during transport, she was going to hurt me. I must say, I was watching and praying for a safe arrival. We all arrived safely. Thank goodness. Lol. Great buy for the price.

PS....You do not have access to your trunk while rack is attached. No problem for me. Rack is easy on, easy off. My purchased price was $32 and change, not $59.99.

Leigh
on April 17, 2017
Just doesn't feel too stable on my 07 4 door civic. feel like my bikes are just gonna rip off the jenky nylon webbing with the silly little l bracket that just get's a little bit of tension
on April 27, 2014
I bought this to bring my bike to campus and it has been highly functional and useful for what I need. The car I use it on is a 2007 Honda Accord.

This product overall worked well enough for what I needed it to do. Installation and assembly was simple and straightforward. It holds 2 bikes, but I've only done it with 1. I keep the bike on the rack closest to the car and the wheel does turn into the car when driving but this hasn't damaged the car in anyway and is probably like that on most racks.

Some disadvantages is that it doesn't "feel" secure. I've never had the product fall off while driving thankfully but it doesn't always feel like it's safe and secured to the car. There are 2 hooks that go on top of the trunk lid. They don't always line up symmetrically and 1 hook seems to do a lot more of the work than the other.

Another caveat is that the bottom hook isn't always stable and can fall off the bottom bumper. It's partly due to my poor skill perhaps because I have adjusted the tightness so it grips it better but I can't shake off the fact that it doesn't give me the 100% confidence and safety knowing it will secure the bikes. However, I've used it many times and have had no problems. Never fallen off. Other pluses are its cheap, portable, small and easy to store. Good product overall, no problems yet after 2 years.
on July 30, 2014
Not a very sturdy product!
Had it on a 2014 subaru outback which it said it fit.
first incident: the rubber protector vibrated over so the metal part of the rack was rubbing and scratching on the trunk of the car.
second incident: the bottom strap broke while driving on the freeway which cause bouncing and the rack to fall off with bikes on it. which drug the bikes on the freeway until I could get over and stop. Looked at my car took a big scratch out o fthe bumper and back hatch.
Third: incident the rubber pieces that originally moved over and scratched the paint now rubbed the gloss off of the paint of the car.
All in all not happy with the product and will be trying to file a return and get my money back becasue otherwise I will just throw it in the garbage. Becasue I will not put this product back on my brand new car. It has caused me to have 3 scratches and 2 dull non-gloss spots on the paint.
I will be putting a hitch on the car and buying a proper bike rack now.
Very dissapointed with the product.
But I guess I get what I paid for Cheap price reflects the product which is a cheap product.
on July 8, 2016
Did what it was supposed to do for half the price. I carry a street bike and a beach cruiser with no problems. I plan to do a cross country trip with this and don't foresee any problems. I will get a couple small bungie cords just for extra safety but it's only a precaution. I like that the position is adjustable depending on which set of straps you tighten first. For a lower fit that allows the bike to sit a little further from the trunk tighten the lower strap than the upper and visa versa for a higher closer fit. Great Product!!
on July 11, 2013
This rack attaches to my car in under 20 seconds. Maybe 90 seconds altogether when puitting the bike on.
It stays put, even with the weight of 2 bikes. They are very secure. I've even gone short distances without tying the bike down and it still stays put.
The rack comes off the car in about 5 seconds.

The only thing to watch is that it could easily be removed by anyone walking by if they wanted to. Once I dismount the bike, I throw it in the trunk. It goes on and off so fast its not an issue. The few times that I have left the rack unattended with the bike on, I just bikelocked the two together. Someone could come by and take the whole thing off the car but they couldn't ride the bike and take off.
Very good value.
on October 27, 2015
Box says lifetime warranty, do not believe it! Allen would not honor their warranty "because it was not on their website"! We took it on only 2 long distance trips, each time we had to add two additional straps to make the bikes stable on the back of the car. We stopped several times trying to make it work, finally I purchased extra trucker straps to make the bike stable that were about the cost of the of the rack since we were on the road. It really should come with two more straps that go right to left and left to right, might be fine if you don't travel over 45 mph. Very dissatisfied and would never purchase a product from Allen again. The did not even try to make amends, I asked if we could upgrade, purchase extra straps, and asked if they would replaced the rubber mounts that were splitting, they would not work with us at all. I would recommend to buy from another company that will stand by their products. We would have returned it but needed it for another trip, and did not have time to get a different one instead.
on October 28, 2016
At first, I had some anxiety about this product because, while the product description said that it fit a wide variety of cars and trucks, the labeling on the package seemed to say otherwise. The box has a list of vehicles with check marks next to vehicles that it fits. Mine was listed, but without the check mark.

I needn't have worried. It fit just fine on my station wagon and used it to haul my kids' two bikes about 55 miles, no problem. Or, rather, no problem with the rack. It was raining on my drive and when I put on my windshield wipers, the rear wiper went on automatically. It got stuck against the rack. Fortunately, it didn't cause any lasting damage. And, of course, it's not the rack's fault!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.