Allen Sports Premier Trunk Mounted Bike Rack
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Patent pending design fits sedans, hatchbacks, minivans and SUV's consult manufacturer web site for specific vehicle fit information
- Patented quick snap set up design allow for super quick set up right out of the box
- 12 inch long carry arms easily accommodate up to 2 bicycles (70 pounds Max capacity)
- Individual dual compound tie down cradles secure and protect bicycles; 2 patented sure strap lower straps keeps bottom hooks in place during use
- Extra large car pads help to distribute bicycles load and protect vehicle finish
- Allen's warranty does not cover items purchased through third-party sellers
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More items to explore
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
S-102 installed on SUV
Works on broad range of vehicle types
The Allen S-102 can be used on a broad range of vehicles. All that needs to be adjusted are the length of the top straps.
Safe, versatile, and easy to use
Patented single configuration design fits wide range of vehicles
The Allen Sports S-102 Premier Two Bike Carrier fits sedans, hatchbacks, minivans and SUV's (make sure to confirm specific vehicle fit above). Its patented design sets up in seconds and will safely transport your bicycles around town or cross country. Two side straps deliver exceptional lateral stability on your vehicle. A patented tie-down system individually secures and protects your bicycles.
- Sets up in seconds
- Fully assembled
- Patented tie-down system secures and protects bicycles
- Narrow set carry arms fit board range of bicycle styles and sizes
- Dual compound feet protect vehicle
- Supe stable design
- Backed by Allen's lifetime warranty
Allen Premier Bike Rack features
Patented quick set-up frame
Allen Premier Rack's fully assembled, patented design allows for set up in seconds. The rack snaps into place right out of the box, and can be folded completely flat with one hand when not in use.
Quick secure straps and dual compound cradle
Durable, UV resistant rubber cradle straps quickly secure your bicycle in place and work with a wide range of tube sizes. The tie-downs include a soft cradle bed to fully protect your bicycles during transport.
Wide profile feet to protect your vehicle
Wide profile, dual compound vehicle feet help to disperse the load of the rack and bicycles, and will protect your vehicle. The feet use hard black plastic to engage the rack and a soft gray material to protect your vehicle's finish.
Narrow set carry arms
The S-102's carry arms will accommodate a wide range of bicycle frame styles and sizes. Most traditional adult size bicycles, as well as most women's and children's frames can be quickly installed onto the rack.
|Model 102DN||Model S-102||Model 103DN||Model S-103||Model 104DB||Model S-104|
|Capacity||2 bike/ 70 lb||2 bike/ 70 lb||3 bike/ 100 lb||3 bike/ 100 lb||4 bike/ 140 lb||4 bike/ 140 lb|
|Quick set up/ fold design||✓||✓||✓|
|Quick secure cradle straps||✓||✓||✓|
|Wide profile feet to distribute load||✓||✓||✓|
|Dual compound cradles||✓||✓||✓|
|Individual tie-down cradles||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Side straps for lateral stability||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Pantented design fits most vehicle||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Fully assembled - no tools needed||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
About Allen Sports
Dick Allen (pictured left in 1972) started Allen Sports in his garage in 1967. Since its founding, the company has been committed to producing the highest-quality, easiest-to-use bike racks and bicycle related products on the market. Dick, a onetime aerospace engineer, opened Allen Sports after building a prototype bike carrier in his Lincoln, Massachusetts shop in his free time. The first ever trunk-mounted bicycle carrier--made of electrical conduit, metal strapping, and fire hose casings (for padding)-- was thoroughly tested on weekend excursions to Cape Cod. Shortly afterward, Allen took his design to market, and by 1971 had established a national presence for his product.
Today, the family owned company owns more than three dozen patents, operates four warehouses nationally, six factories abroad, and sells products in countries around the world including USA, Mexico, Canada, and China.
Compare with similar items
Allen Sports Deluxe 2-Bike Trunk Mount Rack, Model 102DN-R
Schwinn Car Bike Rack, Hitch or Trunk Mount, 2-3 Bicycle Carrier Options
Allen Sports Ultra Compact Trunk Mounted Bike Rack
Tyger Auto TG-RK2B202B Deluxe Black 2-Bike Trunk Mount Bicycle Carrier Rack. (Compatible with Most Sedans/Hatchbacks/Minivans and SUVs.)
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||MaxMate Depot|
|Item Dimensions||5.12 x 23.62 x 14.17 inches||4.49 x 22.99 x 13.70 inches||27.00 x 25.00 x 7.00 inches||3.62 x 17.24 x 7.48 inches||79.00 x 12.00 x 8.00 inches|
|Item Weight||11.00 lbs||7.50 lbs||7.00 lbs||2.20 lbs||—|
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
IMPORTANT: Allen fit lift will be updated periodically, and this verion may be out of date. Please refer to www.allensportsusa.com for most current fit information. Do not mount on any car in which it may not be properly mounted.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Well made & Sturdy - This actually surprised me. At the price I was expecting cheap hollow metal tubing and the like but everything is well made and appears to be built to last.
- Easy to install - After a small learning curve this thing can easily get installed in under 2min.
- Quick lock rubber straps are great.
- Locks in well and doesnt rock about.
- The clips that stabilize the rig are bare metal and will easily make quick work of your car's paint. Take an extra 5min before installing to cover the clips with some tape or foam.
- The nylon straps do loosen up some on long road trips. Re tighten every 100-150 miles just to be safe.
- This will obstruct your license plate. I made it across the whole country without incident but there is that small chance a cop might ding you for it. (Alternatively you can get a temp copy of your plate made and have that in your window or attached to the rig itself to avoid the problem completely)
1. Install, put bikes on and then drive - getting up to speed to see how the straps respond. You may need to tie them off, tighten some or find a way of keeping them together to reduce vibration
2. This says it's a 4 bike rack but if you're carrying on a sedan it will likely only realistically fit 3. I can see if it's mounted from a van or SUV that it would be better able to hold 4
3. You will need a special bar adapter if you have a women's bike. Some children's bikes you may be able to get away without one.
4. Place smaller, lighter bikes toward the inside of the rack and closer to the car. We found that when the youth bike was on the outside sometimes when we'd go over a bump the weight of the other bikes would bump the youth bike off the holding cradles (though the straps still held the bike to the rack)
(updated on 04.2015 to include photos from last summer)
Top international reviews
I returned it and I have to order another model and wait another week to receive. I put table here for other costumers.
Malo:entre más lejos la bici del coche en el rack, más "baila" y da la sensación de que se mueve mucho. El precio del rack es caro, el envío es carísimo.
Opinión: mejor compra otro en otro lugar en México, ya que entre el costo del rack, los gastos de importación que ya te cobran aparte y el envío carísimo, este rack sale como en $3000 al momento de mi compra, a eso sumale si tu bici no es estándar gastaras en un bastón de unos 400 con el envío, por bici. La calidad es buena, pero no para ese precio.
Actualización: no veo forma alguna en la que se puedan transportar 4 bicicletas para adulto, he tenido que comprar 3 de sus adaptadores y cada que colocó las bicis me cuesta mucho trabajo colocarlas en su lugar sin que se estorben entre sí, ya sea que las cruces o las pongas a la par cuesta trabajo, la tercera bici la pongo en el último compartimiento ya que no logro ajustarla en el tercero con las otras bicis fijas. Además el peso se recarga un poco más a la derecha y me ha ocasionado una pequeña deformación en la lámina de baja de la puerta trasera.
The bottom straps that attach to the underside of the car don't work with the Mazda 3, instead you have to hook them under the trunk.
.... I've used it with 4 bikes on two long distance camping trips. Help up wonderfully. No complaints. I'd have give this 5 stars if it wasn't for the broken piece that cost me out of pocket to replace because of the hassles of returning via Amazon.
Works great at transporting 4 bikes. Transported two adult mount bikes, a kids mount bike, and a road bike. No issue, no movement. Only had to be careful going over speed bumps.
Would recommend the product.