|Item Weight||23.4 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||26.6 x 14.2 x 3.5 inches|
|Item model number||S-525|
|Manufacturer Part Number||S-525|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $16.49 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Allen Sports Premier Hitch Mounted 2-Bike Carrier
|Price:||$136.88 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Hitch insert fits either 1 1/4" or 2" receiver hitches
- Quick set carry arms "snap" into place right out of the box
- Dual compound tie-down cradles & quick set straps individually secure and protect bicycles
- Internal tilt-away release allows for easy lift gate access
- No-wobble bolt(s) eliminates movement of rack inside of hitch
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Premier 2-Bike Hitch Mount
A Rugged Full Featured Rack for all of Your Adventures
The Allen Sports model S525 delivers capacity for up to two bicycles (up to 70 pound) and installs onto most standard Class I, II, III & IV 1 1/4 inch and 2 inch receiver hitches. The S525 features easy assembly, folding carry arms, quick lift-gate access, and a dual compound Spine Shield.
Quick Assembly and Easy Install
With only three bolts needed to assemble the S525, your rack will be out of the box and have you on the road in minutes.
Back by Allen's Lifetime Warranty
All Allen Bike Racks are backed by a lifetime warranty. Please visit the Allen Sports web site for full details.
Key Feature List
- Quick Fold Carry Arms
- Quick Secure Straps
- Dual Compound Tie-Down Cradles
- Rapid Tilt-Away Mast
- Dual Compound Spine Shield
- Integrated Locking Loop
- No-Wobble Hitch Installation
Allen Premier 2-Bike Hitch Rack Features
Quick Fold Carry Arms
Allen Premier Hitch Racks incorporate a patented easy fold arm design which allow the carry arms on the racks to be dropped out of the way when not in use by simply squeezing the two red release buttons on the carrier.
Quick Secure Straps And Dual Compound Cradles
Durable, UV resistant rubber cradle straps quickly secure your bicycle in place and work with a wide range of tube sizes. The tie-downs include a soft cradle bed to fully protect your bicycles during transport.
Rapid Tilt-Away Mast
Allen Premier Hitch Racks feature an easy to use rapid tilt away main mast. A rugged internal mechanism keeps the rack securely in place during use, but allows for single handed tilt-away if you need access to the inside of your vehicle.
Dual Compound Spine Shield
Allen's Dual Compound Spine Shield snaps in place over the vertical mast on your rack and offers a soft gray landing pad to protect the inner-most bicycle during transport.
|Model 522RR||Model S525||Model 532RR||Model S535||Model 542RR||Model S545|
|Capacity||2 Bike/ 70 LB||2 Bike/ 70 LB||3 Bike/ 105 LB||3 Bike/ 105 LB||4 Bike/ 140 LB||4 Bike/ 140 LB|
|Hitch Size||1 1/4" and 2"||1 1/4" and 2"||1 1/4" and 2"||1 1/4" and 2"||2"||2"|
|Quick Fold Carry Arms||✓||✓||✓|
|Quick Secure Straps & Dual Compound Cradles||✓||✓||✓|
|Dual Compund Spine Shield||✓||✓||✓|
|Individual Tie-Down Cradle||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Folding Carry Arms||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Tilt-Away Main Mast||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|No-Wobble Hitch Installation||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
About Allen Sports
Dick Allen (pictured left in 1972) started Allen Sports in his garage in 1967. Since its founding, the company has been committed to producing the highest-quality, easiest-to-use bike racks and bicycle related products on the market. Dick, a onetime aerospace engineer, opened Allen Sports after building a prototype bike carrier in his Lincoln, Massachusetts shop in his free time. The first ever trunk-mounted bicycle carrier--made of electrical conduit, metal strapping, and fire hose casings (for padding) -- was thoroughly tested on weekend excursions to Cape Cod. Shortly afterward, Allen took his design to market, and by 1971 had established a national presence for his product.
Today, the family owned company owns more than three dozen patents, operates four warehouses nationally, six factories abroad, and sells products in countries around the world including USA, Mexico, Canada, and China.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
- Peace of mind. Sturdiness is a big problem with a lot of hitch-mounted racks. However, this model has a no-wobble bolt which does a great job, provided you use the correct bolt, the correct hole on the hitch insert, and the correct locknut orientation (lockring faces in, towards the bolt head). Installed correctly, the bikes barely move even when on bumpy terrain.
- Easy access. The rack can be lowered out of the way of the trunk to allow trunk access without removing bikes or the rack, which is very handy. The arms also fold down to save space if you're storing the rack.
- Hard to detach from the hitch. This is both a good and a bad thing. To remove from the hitch, you need two wrenches and at bare minimum two minutes of speedy de-wrenching. This works pretty well as a theft deterrent, although I still recommend getting a thick cable lock for a longer trip.
- Bungees not included. I was disappointed to learn that this rack did not come with any sort of stabilizing system for the bikes. If you attach the top tubes to the rack and nothing else, the bikes will swing drastically forward and backward, hitting each other and the back of your vehicle as you brake and accelerate while driving. You'll need to pick up a set of 6-10 bungees of varying length to secure the lower portions of the bike to the rack or your vehicle, depending on how much redundancy you want and whether spinning wheels in your rearview mirror will bother you.Read more ›
A few suggestions: if you use a regular trailer and pin, which is easier to remove and put in, the entire rack will jiggle. If you use the bolt and nut that comes with it, you'll be tightening forever so use a ratcheting box wrench or a regular ratchet. I use both my trailer hitch and the bike frame hitch so the box wrench comes in handy as I change both out quite frequently.
Why only 3 stars? Allen has assumed that you will be assembling this and permanently leaving it on your vehicle. The carrier is held together with ASTM Grade 5 bolts and nylon jam-nuts which will not vibrate loose while you're driving. The problem is that these type of jam-nuts are not designed or intended to be constantly removed and replaced; the nylon will develop "threads" which will eventually defeat the purpose of the vibration resistance of the nuts. I don't intend to leave this carrier on full time because I also use the truck to haul a trailer. So I am concerned about wearing out the nylon hardware by fairly frequent swapping between this carrier and my trailer hitch. Also, you'll need to break out the socket set and end wrenches every time to want to remove or install the Carrier. And trust me on this - you won't want to remove or insert this carrier into your receiver while it's fully assembled unless you have a second set of helping hands (or the Hulk's physique). You'll want to remove the "RR Post" from the Hitch Insert first. And that renews the concerns about the nylon jam-nuts.
Issue #2: The bolt (or lock) that you use to hold your trailer hitch in your receiver will not work with this Carrier - you have to use the special bolt that comes with the Carrier. I use a hitch lock so I don't have to worry about my expensive trailer hitch walking off with a stranger. But it won't work with this Carrier.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
FABULOUS! After searching everywhere for a rack I could actually bring down to nearly touch the ground, I can now load my bike by simply lifting it a couple of inches! Read morePublished 9 days ago by Christine Magnussen, Author/ speaker
Did not fit my car despite Amazon saying it will. The bolt hole in my receiver is too large for the "no wobble bolt's" shoulder to correctly seat on the receiver, ergo,... Read morePublished 18 days ago by Lucius Vorenus
This rack was extremely easy to assemble. It required two people to tighten it onto the hitch. Mine leans a little to the left, but it does what it's supposed to do. Read morePublished 1 month ago by K. Smith
We are very happy with this carrier. Installing into the hitch receiver requires inserting and tightening one bolt, yet it and the bikes are very stable while driving. Read morePublished 1 month ago by philg
works great a little loose in the hitch with movement when drivingPublished 1 month ago by jerrymullen
Easy to put on the hitch, easy to take off, and so far no problems with it carrying our bikes. My only concern might be that the tread on the grips is starting to shred a little. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
sturdy. easy enough to take off. the weight just about right for bike rack. easy to mount towing bar. the rubber base are really easy to hang the bike.Published 1 month ago by Charlie