CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
|Price:||$14.77 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- This portable dice-rolling tower designed to assemble into a convenient freestanding boot shape
- Convenient, portable, lightweight, and very useful for all kinds of gamers
- Chessex Dice Boot
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
Not much footprint on your gaming table
You can roll 4-6 dice at once easily
The end piece is easily removed in case you need more room to roll
Loud (the plastic dice hit the plastic all the way down and it's really loud)
The end piece likes to fall out, I almost lost it twice already
Difficult to take apart.
For the loudness issue, I wrapped all the inside panels with painters tape. I also am painting the front and back piece to see if that helps further reduce the noise.the sides are staying clear so we can watch our dice roll. I will post a picture.
For the difficulty to take apart, we are going to sand a couple of spots down and see if that helps. It will probably feel a little less sturdy.
While it's true that a lot of dice will slide down the chute, and the boot does a good job tumbling the dice, getting the dice in the chute in the first place isn't the easiest. Not the best for bigger dice or large numbers of dice.
I received the tower as expected - disassembled. Assembly was easy and took only a minute.
The tower worked better than expected.
* A bit taller than our existing dice tower and had one additional pivot "bounce" point that allows for more random rolls. (Not scientifically proven, but it was a discussion point!)
* Longer bottom cage than existing dice tower. This means more dice can be rolled at once without having to "mod" the tower by removing the end piece of the cage. For example, with King of Tokyo, the larger dice did not fit in the old tower's cage but do in the new towers cage. Small dice also work well in the new tower - no stuck or missing dice.
* So far all dice we have tried fit in the tower - including the large King of Tokyo dice. Also handles small dice easily.
* Clear construction allows for entertainment when rolling the dice too. I know it is cheesy, but we spent 10 minutes rolling dice through the tower to see how it sounded, performed, and just because it was so much cooler than the existing tower.
* The cost is higher than other card-board towers, however from what I have observed so far the increased price is work it. The product construction appears to be solid enough, however I would not sit or step on it - it isn't that strong.
Overall, no regrets. I'm going to get another one as a present to replace the existing card-board dice tower.
The dice boot allows you to roll a large amount of dice at once. I believe Pizza Box Football comes with 13 dice, and I was able to send them all down the chute at once.
The stress over thinking you suck at rolling or that your opponent has more skill at rolling dice is removed with the random results of the dice boot.
As for the noise factor, it's not a factor. If it's noisier than rolling by hand, then it's only barely noisier, and that noise lasts a whopping second or two. I happen to enjoy watching the dice tumble through the boot and the sound the dice make. If this is too noisy, I recommend a nice, quiet ipod app.
Taking the dice boot apart is very easy, and the boot lays flat in its original plastic packaging, which snaps closed and stores easily considering it's so thin.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
There are some sharp protrusions on the sides of each panel that I still had to cut off to avoid damaging the dice and the table. Otherwise it's a great sturdy product.Published 2 months ago by Red
Instructions were super simple, and it was very fast to assemble. Due to our DnD group playing during the night, I decided to add some felt padding to just the inside to reduce... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Jason
Comes apart rather easy when moving it, but it reassembles easy enough and is very useful when running a campaign for my kids who tend to throw the dice off the table every time.Published 4 months ago by J. Kahn
Bought this for my wife who is an avid Catan player. We love how this plays. I would suggest a smooth area under if you're playing in a hardwood table or the dice may bounce out. Read morePublished 5 months ago by SkIan
For some reason, this boot was a little smaller than I pictured it in my mind. Check dimensions to see if it is suitable for your needs. Other than that we really like this.Published 5 months ago by Alan
Very easy to assemble, but I've had dice gain so much speed inside the boot that they fly over the barrier designed to keep them in after the roll.Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
Easy to put together (Chessex has a video on their website if you're confused) and the dice give off a satisfying clatter as they tumble through the baffles and land in the well at... Read morePublished 7 months ago by Travis Eberle
Falls apart, dice jump the front, seems to tumble them identically repeatedly, so not enough variation. Read morePublished 8 months ago by I dont care what you think