|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$62.20 - $150.00 & Free Return on some sizes and colors|
- Shell: 100% Nylon
- Dry Clean Only
- Reversible zip-front bomber featuring snap hand pockets and signature utility pocket with flight ribbon on left sleeve
- Ribbed neck, cuffs, and waistband
- The sizing for this jacket cannot be compared to the Slim Fit MA-1 as the two jackets have different fits (core vs standard) and the variations between sizes differs between the two styles. When determining your size please consider whether you will layer under the jacket and if you prefer a more fitted look.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
|MA-1 Flight Bomber Jacket||MA-1 Slim Fit Flight Bomber Jacket||NASA Apollo MA-1 Flight Bomber Jacket||NASA MA-1 Flight Bomber Jacket||MA-1 Blood Chit Flight Bomber Jacket||MA-1 Skymaster Water Resistant Flight Bomber Jacket|
|Fabric||Flight Nylon||Flight Nylon||Flight Nylon||Flight Nylon||Flight Nylon||Trans Nylon|
The ma-1 or bomber jacket was first developed in the mid-1950s. The ma-1 and its predecessor, the b-15 flight jacket, were needed at that time because the emergence of the jet age created new requirements for pilot performance, safety and comfort. The jacket was warm enough when flying in cold temperatures. An ma-1 mid-weight nylon jacket is water/weather resistant. The ma-1 navy fighter pilot jacket was the first military flight jacket to cross over into civilian fashion. Our nylon flight jacket includes a knit collar, cuffs and waistband, as well as a heavy gauge brass zipper with storm flap for warmth. Our ma-1 jackets are reversible to bright orange, making them ideal for rescue missions and other times when visibility is imperative. This current version has been kept as close as possible to the classic specifications, which debuted in 1950. In 1963 the jacket received substantial revisions by changing the lining to bright orange and making the jacket reversible. The flight jacket design conveys positive images of strength, power and quality **please note that the original color 'navy' ordered by the u.s. Military is more of a teal shade to it...rather than the darker 'navy blue' traditional jackets are known for.
The Alpha MA-1 Flight Jacket, often copied but never duplicated. This is the classic jacket made by Alpha Industries for the military for over 40 years; issued to both the U.S. Air Force and Navy pilots.
- Package Dimensions: 13 x 10 x 2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B002VWK5QY
- Item model number: MJM21000C1
- Date first available at Amazon.com: April 14, 2006
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
2XS 14-14 1/2 29-31 26-28 29-31 30-31 31 Regular 5'6" to 6' 120-130
XS 14-14 1/2 32-34 28-30 32-34 31-32 31 1/2 130-145
S 14-14 1/2 35-38 30-32 35-38 32-33 31 1/2 145-160
M 15-15 1/2 38-40 33-35 38-40 33-34 32 160-175
L 16-16 1/2 42-44 36-38 42-44 34-35 32 175-190
XL 17-17 1/2 46-48 40-42 46-48 35-36 32 1/2 190-215
2XL 18-18 1/2 50-52 44-46 50-52 36-37 32 1/2 215-230
3XL 19-19 1/2 54-56 48-50 54-56 37-38 33 230-245
4XL 20-20 1/2 58-60 52-54 58-60 38-39 33 245-260
5XL 20-20 1/2 62-64 56-58 62-64 39-40 33 260-275
MT 15-15 1/2 38-40 33-35 38-40 34-35 34 Tall 6'1" to 6'4" 170-185
LT 16-16 1/2 42-44 36-38 42-44 35-36 34 185-200
XLT 17-17 1/2 46-48 40-42 46-48 36-37 34 1/2 200-225
2XLT 18-18 1/2 50-52 44-46 50-52 37-38 34 1/2 225-240
I'm 5'9" 176lbs, 41" chest, 32" waist, 16" arms, muscular athletic build. I bought the medium and small sizes to try. The small fits me well. Sleeves are perfect, rides right above the waist, doesn't look boxy. Fits like the picture on the model. Zipped, it's a little tight at the chest but looks better than the medium on me.
The medium fit in the chest but the sleeves were too long and bunched up at the wrist. The medium was unflatteringly boxy, especially at the waist.
I tried the slim fit medium and it was too tight everywhere but the waist. Very satisfied with the small.
By the way, the jacket listed as Navy actually had a slight greenish cast making it more teal blue than Navy, but I exchanged it for the Replica Blue, which is a nice, dark true navy blue.
This jacket (although it's MADE IN CHINA) is the real deal. Fits according to size chart. Heavy duty construction and was well worth the extra $40 compared to all the knockoffs that are being sold.
As a big man 6'4" 280 the XXXl the sizes posted was spot on. It's long enough and don't ride up your back or belly.
You can tell by the weight that it is well constructed and is built to last. If you are looking for this type of jacket, don't settle for the $45 one it's junk. Spend the extra money for a quality product.
Alpha, you would get the full 5 stars if Americans made this jacket.
I look forward to wearing it.
1) Order 1 size up. At least on me, I'm glad I ordered the XL rather than the L.
2) It is bulky. That might not be for everyone, but I didn't have a problem with it. Look up Steve McQueen in the movie "The Hunter". That's part of the classic styling. There's a slim fit version of this jacket, but I didn't order it and can't speak to it.
3) The sleeves are longer than the waist, so it rides up your back when sitting down. There are tall sizes available on the AI website, but not sure if that would throw off your sleeve length.
4) This jacket is warm. Easily a 3 season jacket (Fall, Winter (especially with layering. Another reason to go a size up), and Spring). Not sure how it would hold up in arctic temperatures, but in summer (even cool summer nights I think), you'll be way too hot.
5) It looks great and is versatile. Except for formal business settings, this jacket can go from work to play rather easily.