|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$74.78 - $150.00 & Free Return on some sizes and colors|
- Shell: 100% Nylon
- Dry Clean Only
- Reversible zip-front bomber featuring snap hand pockets and signature utility pocket with flight ribbon on left sleeve
- Ribbed neck, cuffs, and waistband
- The sizing for this jacket cannot be compared to the Slim Fit MA-1 as the two jackets have different fits (core vs standard) and the variations between sizes differs between the two styles. When determining your size please consider whether you will layer under the jacket and if you prefer a more fitted look.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
|MA-1 Flight Bomber Jacket||MA-1 Slim Fit Flight Bomber Jacket||NASA Apollo MA-1 Flight Bomber Jacket||NASA MA-1 Flight Bomber Jacket||MA-1 Blood Chit Flight Bomber Jacket||MA-1 Skymaster Water Resistant Flight Bomber Jacket|
|Fabric||Flight Nylon||Flight Nylon||Flight Nylon||Flight Nylon||Flight Nylon||Trans Nylon|
The ma-1 or bomber jacket was first developed in the mid-1950s. The ma-1 and its predecessor, the b-15 flight jacket, were needed at that time because the emergence of the jet age created new requirements for pilot performance, safety and comfort. The jacket was warm enough when flying in cold temperatures. An ma-1 mid-weight nylon jacket is water/weather resistant. The ma-1 navy fighter pilot jacket was the first military flight jacket to cross over into civilian fashion. Our nylon flight jacket includes a knit collar, cuffs and waistband, as well as a heavy gauge brass zipper with storm flap for warmth. Our ma-1 jackets are reversible to bright orange, making them ideal for rescue missions and other times when visibility is imperative. This current version has been kept as close as possible to the classic specifications, which debuted in 1950. In 1963 the jacket received substantial revisions by changing the lining to bright orange and making the jacket reversible. The flight jacket design conveys positive images of strength, power and quality **please note that the original color 'navy' ordered by the u.s. Military is more of a teal shade to it...rather than the darker 'navy blue' traditional jackets are known for.
The Alpha MA-1 Flight Jacket, often copied but never duplicated. This is the classic jacket made by Alpha Industries for the military for over 40 years; issued to both the U.S. Air Force and Navy pilots.
- Package Dimensions: 13 x 10 x 2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B002VWK5QY
- Item model number: MJM21000C1
- Date first available at Amazon.com: April 14, 2006
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I wanted to like this jacket but I just couldn't. The quality is excellent, exactly what you'd expect from a company like Alpha Industries...but the fit is just not right. I specifcially chose amazon so I could try the jacket out and get free returns if I need to. If you live near a store that sells the MA-1 I'd suggest you go and try it on. You may save yourself some trouble.
Two weeks later, when I came into my hand, my brother was very satisfied with his size.
Even now, these clothes are okay.
About three years later, I have to go through a review today :)
It was sealed in a plastic bag and tagged like new, beware of false advertisement .