|Item Weight||2 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||1.8 x 3.7 x 5.9 inches|
|Item model number||AT-38OD|
|Manufacturer Part Number||AT38OD|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
AlphaTherm AT-38OD Windshield Washer Fluid Heater
|Price:||$99.82 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Heats your washer fluid to 125 - 135 degrees Fahrenheit before spraying for fast, efficient clearing away and cleaning of debris by wipers
- Designed for easy DIY installation and powered using minimal energy supplied through a direct connection to your vehicle battery
- Eases the removal of everything from frost, ice and snow, to bugs, grime, road oil, streaks, bird droppings and glare, making it a valuable onboard option all year
- Heated fluid helps unblock clogged wiper spray nozzles, ensuring consistent maximum spray distance and volume
- Heated wash removal of hard, course debris like ice and caked on bugs minimizes unnecessary wear on windshield wipers, extending their lives and saving you money
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
|The AlphaTherm AT-38OD Windshield Washer Fluid Heater is the effective and affordable solution for quickly clearing and cleaning snow, ice, bugs, bird droppings, road oil and more from windshields. Installed between the windshield washer fluid tank and the exterior spray nozzles, it heats and delivers hot wiper fluid on demand to your windshield via your vehicle's factory installed washer system. Efficiently powered through your car's battery, designed to limit windshield wiper wear and easy to install, it is an all-season option to save any driver time, money and trouble. |
The AlphaTherm AT-38OD Windshield Washer Fluid Heater operates in an on-demand mode method. The unit, easily installed in the tubing between the washer fluid tank and your vehicle's exterior washer nozzles, starts to operate when the engine is switched on and battery voltage level is higher than 13 volts. Washer fluid inside its heating chamber will be heated to the predetermined temperature range (125° – 135°F) in approximately 30 seconds and kept at that temperature, so while the car is running there is always hot fluid inside the unit’s heating chamber which can be used for cleaning the windshield.
Improves Wiper Blade Performance and Lifespan
Promotes Broader Nozzle Spray
1-AT-38OD unit w/attached cables, 1-installation manual, 1-installation bracket, 1-red power cable with 60 amp inline fuse, 1-black power cables (ground and attached to unit), 8-cable ties, 6-self tapping screws, 2-hose splicers, 48-inches of rubber tube to connect the unit to the washer system.
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
What I didn't like is that the thing is on ALL THE TIME, even in the summer??? Good way to burn out the heater coils. Instead, mount this to a switch or something. I measured and it spikes to about 55-amps at full draw, so just get a heavy-duty 12v relay, and wire this up to some other switch. I wired it to my rear defrost switch, so it only operates when I need it, and shuts off automatically after a time delay or ignition cycle, just like the rear defroster does. The always-on direct-wire is a poor design.
1) The product has no way to reliably detect ignition on. It uses only the battery voltage to "guess" when the alternator is running. Unfortunately, if you have good fully-charged batteries, the product will remain "ON" when you shut off your car until the battery discharges enough to disable the heater. In cold weather, this can be very detrimental because it depletes your reserve power.
2) If you try to use a battery charger, the product will be activated. In cold weather, a lot of the battery charger power will be wasted in running the heater. Unless you have a high-output manual charger, you may never be able to fully charge the battery. A float charger will not work (can never reach float voltage). An automatic charger may also malfunction.
3) If your vehicle has an electrical problem, the fluid heater fuse should be removed before taking it to a dealer. Otherwise, the unexpected and intermittent current load may thwart their diagnostic efforts. It should also be disconnected when testing your battery.
The best fix is to install a 60A+ relay in the ground wire (power relay with an ignition-on fuse tap). Recommend "E Support Car Auto Heavy Duty Split Charge DC 12V 100A 100 AMP SPST Relay 4 Pin 4P RL180".
I would highly recommend the AlphaTherm Windshield Washer Fluid Heater, must have for the mid-west location. No more frozen nozzles and crystal clear windshield and no more iced up wiper blades.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This was the third one I installed, one for myself, one for my father, and this one for my girlfriend. Makes a difference on those cold, slightly icy mornings.Published 2 months ago by Nathan W.
This unit has performed just as it should. Premature failure is likely due to mounting the unit too close to a source of heat (the exhaust manifold for example) or running it dry. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
Cool product but didn't work as well as I originally thought for getting ice off windshield however getting dirt/grime works greatPublished 8 months ago by Tyler
Get this if you hate scraping your windows. It sends out clouds of steam and vapor as I drive away while everyone else is scraping their windshields at work.Published 19 months ago by David Karau