Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,313 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,386 reviews
on September 10, 2012
I buy a new wallet once every few years, and I like to go for one that is well-designed and well-constructed. This particular wallet meets all of these requirements at price that is tough to beat.

A quick overview:
- There are six credit card slots, a window in the middle for an ID, and the main pocket for cash. There are also two hidden pockets in the flaps (there is no hidden pocket behind the photo ID slot).
- The main pocket does not have a divider down the middle for separating cash and receipts. I liked the one I had in my old wallet, but it's not a dealbreaker for me.
- The wallet is indeed constructed of leather, and it has a very faint new leather scent (but you'd really have to put your nose up to it to notice).
- Your ID slides into the ID slot on the right side
- The pockets for the credit cards are a bit snug. However, this is expected. Since the leather stretches over time, the pockets should start snug and then gradually loosen to accommodate your cards more comfortably. Even with this snug starting fit, you shouldn't have trouble getting one card into each pocket.
- Similarly, the wallet as a whole starts out feeling pretty stiff. But over time, the leather will break in and soften, making the wallet much more comfortable to have in your pocket.
- The wallet is average thickness, slightly thinner than my last wallet (a Columbia leather trifold).
- Finally, the build quality is very good, on par with wallets I have seen at department stores in the $50 price range.

At the current $10 asking price, this wallet is a great bargain. I don't expect to be needing another wallet again for a long long time.

UPDATE 5/14/14
I've had the wallet for a little over a year and a half now. As expected, the tight pockets have gradually stretched to be a perfect fit for my cards. Otherwise, the wallet is holding up great with no damage or fraying at any of its seams. In a few years, when it finally does kick the bucket, my first thought will be to come back to this page and buy the same one again.

UPDATE 4/26/2017:
I've had this wallet for nearly 5 years now. The little logo on the front has fallen off, but otherwise it is still working great. The seams and pockets are all still in excellent condition. Looks like I'll be hanging onto this for another couple of years!
44 comments| 174 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2017
I have been looking at department stores forever for a high quality, Genuine Leather, tri-fold wallet, with lots of pockets, to replace my 10 years old wallet. I have checked out Perry Ellis, Tommy Hilfiger, Coach, Gucci, etc... and could not found one that has lot of pockets and well-stiched and good quality leather. So I checked out my best friend "amazon" and sure enough I found the wallet good enough for me to depart with my old faithful black Genuine Leather wallet. This is the best I have seen from any brand. Soft leather and smells good. They also have the Bi-fold model, which have 8 pockets, with a flip-out with an additional 4 pockets for all your credit cards and shopping cards.
on July 21, 2016
This wallet turned out to be wonderful. I used to have a bulky wallet that would create a bulge in my back pocket, it was uncomfortable to sit on and aesthetically unpleasing to me. So I searched for a slimmer wallet. This wallet was inexpensive and fit the bill so I gave it a try. I'm very impressed, it's thin, holds everything in, looks nice, no ugly bulge in my pocket. Currently I have 15 bills, a license, and 6 cards in my wallet and it doesn't feel thick to me at all. Though using every card slot in the wallet does make it feel overloaded and difficult to close as you would imagine. It's been 2 years since I bought the wallet and it's very durable, if I ever need to buy a new wallet, I'll go with this one again. As a bonus I also like the thumb slot for the license holder that allows me to pull my license in and out without difficulty.
on April 11, 2016
I have been looking for a wallet like this for a long time. I did not want a bi-fold wallet, because I thought it was too big to put in my front pocket. I don't like putting wallets in my back pocket for various reason (theft, posture when sitting, ect). I initially took a look at money clips, but they could only hold up to a certain amount of cards, and it was hard to remove them conveniently when you needed them. So, I needed an "in-between" the traditional bi-fold wallet and a money clip. There it was, the tri-fold wallet.

The leather feels great and does not wear down fast. I've had this wallet for almost a year and I have never had a complaint. Also, most people don't have this type of wallet, so I can never mistaken my own wallet. The wallet is very sleek and has many slots for cards (I carry 10+ cards in total) and a full sized capartment for cash when fully opened.

I think this is a great compromise for people who are looking for that minimalist type wallet but able to carry more than a money clip. I don't think I want to change wallets after this.
on February 2, 2015
Purchased October 2013; still holding up very well! At first the credit card slots were a bit tight, but over time are just right. Over the last 40+ years I have had a tri-fold wallet of some kind so I am comparing to what I know.

I really like the overall texture of the wallet as it slides/fits nicely into my back pocket. The seams have held up well, as well as the clear ID pocket. I used to have/use an accordion style photo insert, but after buying a 3M-Scotch laminating machine I now carry treasured laminated photos of my daughters in the side pockets.
Over time you can add more cards to the slots and side pockets as they stretch.
Update: April 30, 2016; The wallet is nicely worn in and the seams and lining are holding up well.
I can now carry 3-4 cards/photos in each side "pocket" and 3+ cards in each of the 3 "slots" on both sides.
I one thing that annoyed me at first was the red Swiss logo button on the outside, but I have since have gotten used to it; and strangely, since Oct 2013, I've had two cashiers remark about it being a "Swiss" wallet.

This is as good as, if not better than the Docker's and Amity wallets that I have owned.

Update: October 2016. Too soon? Wallet continues to impress. I try not to over-stuff; keeping only my (8) essential insurance/credit/AAA/store... cards, (3) laminated photos of family, and (2-3) emergency/info cards.I'm not one to carry a lot of currency, but there is plenty of room. The transparent plastic ID pocket remains clear and the seams have not shown any sign of coming apart. As a tri-fold wallet fan I'm pondering buying another for future use.
on February 23, 2017
The listing states that the wallet is leather on the inside but there is a lining, not leather. My father is VERY picky and wallets are hard to find for him. He wants one that is leather only on the inside with no material lining or material folds other than leather. I don't know if he will use this. It looks like a nice wallet though, just not as described in your listing.
review image
I am not a big fan of carrying a wallet. They are usually too bulky. This one was very inexpensive with free prime shipping, and I was in need of a wallet. So I gave it a shot.
First off it is very slim for a leather wallet. It is obviously thicker that a money clip type wallet with a card holder. But it is better organized in my opinion, and a little easier to use.
This is great. It is not so bulky in my pocket. I really like this feature. It holds everything I really need to carry, and if you carry one large bill and a few small bills, you cover your bases, but retain the slim profile.
If you carry a wad of twenties, this is not the wallet for you. I am sure they will fit, but you lose the benefit of the low profile. If you need to carry a few credit cards, a few id cards, and a few bucks, all while not having a huge bulge in your pocket, you will like this wallet.
Honestly, at the price point, I would probably suggest this wallet to anyone. Just throw it in the drawer, and when you need a slim profile wallet you have one. It is cheap, but it looks great.
on July 29, 2013
This wallet is inexpensive but feels like a much more expensive wallet. It has plenty of room, fits all my bills nicely and is more compact than a single fold wallet (I like the tri-folds as they fit in the pocket of my cargo shorts much better).

My only complaint is the stupid swiss logo button that sticks out from the material. If they could figure out a way to ditch the metal button this wallet would be perfect. 4 stars as is, it would get 5 star without the logo button.

UPDATE 7-11-17 - it's been a couple of years and my wallet started wearing in the center clear plastic area so I went to "buy again" on Amazon and didn't really pay attention since I thought i was buying the same wallet again. When I received my new version I realized they aren't doing the soft leather in that color anymore. I received the cheaper feeling textured leather which is less expensive to produce than the nice soft leather. I'm going to use it - I figure maybe it will be a bit more durable as it's not as soft but disappointed as the soft leather version was so nice. Still has the stupid button that sticks out a mile - no idea why can't do something else with that logo.
review image review image
on May 16, 2017
I think it's finally time to replace the wallet I bought 5 years ago, as this one is definitely showing some use. It still smells nice and leathery, but the seam on the back has come apart, and a few spots on the leather - particularly in the corners where the wallet folds - have worn through. Other than that, it actually still looks pretty good, but these aren't that expensive and I'm in the mood for a fresh crisp wallet. Seems like another one of these would be a good idea!
on September 8, 2017
This wallet lasted me a little over a year and a half. It's of good quality, with its genuine leather. But I've seen a lot on Alpine Swiss products that people hope it lasts about 5 years. Don't expect to get that much out of it. Mine started to fray a month ago and half of the left side is unstitched (where you put the bills), it's still usable but I got a new one anyways. There is is a lot of space for cards which is always a plus. I'd recommend it for just the price alone. Another thing to look out for is the Swiss emblem on the front trifold. If you place your cards on that side, over time it will damage them. It left four little nicks in my school ID right on the magnetic strip. So for that side I'd recommend keeping your health insurance cards, credit card bottle openers, business cards etc.