BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Albums $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 3, 2012
I was leery of buying this, given some of the previous reviews. I have had it for a number of months, and it has performed well. The zipper is still intact, and I'm not overly-careful about what I put in it. I carry 12 cards, plus various other, thinner cards [gift cards, license, etc.], and bills. I've not had any issues with it, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

UPDATE: After nearly two years of everyday use, I have to say that this wallet has held up well. The zipper still works, and the wallet still looks good overall, if a bit worn. I still think this is a very good purchase.
11 comment| 191 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2015
Back for a second wallet
Tonight I came into Amazon looking for another wallet for my husband.
I lighted on to this page & I was glad.
I could not remember where I bought his last wallet.
Apparently it was Amazon. (Thank you AMAZON for having the little " you bought this with a date on it". I apparently bought this wallet last on 20 December 2013.)
While the wallet is not falling apart, I am replacing it.
Tonight I thought I would be helpful & load the washer.
Asked Darling Husband "Are your pockets empty?"
He says "Yes". I scoop it all up & he starts the washer after his bath.
A couple hours later, he goes to load the dryer.
He comes back with this sad looking lump. It's his wallet.
(WHOOPS! His medical card is in their for work!) but it seems to have survived.
The contents of his wallet are scattered all over drying as we speak / I write this.
Of course I feel guilty, as I should have double checked.
So I stumble across this one & it looks just like his.
Now his wallet looks sad & I imagine after it's nice hot water bath it will shrink up somewhat as it dries.
The reason I am replacing it is because I know that washing leather items never ends well.
The wallet has not had any damage such as broken zipper, plastic windows inside breaking, cards tearing through slots, etc.
He never had any problems getting his cards, debit or credit to fit into the slots.
So he got around thirteen months of usage out of it, about a dollar a month.
Would not be dead now were it not for my mistake of not looking.
Looks great & held up well. (Until I came along)
Definitely would & did buy again.
Enclosed a few shots of the wallet. The quality is so so, but you can see that the wallet held up & is not damaged!
review image review image review image review image
on January 9, 2017
Finally I found a wallet the size I needed!!! I love Swiss products and my old wallet was a fabric one but next time I try to get it I found out the made it bigger, something very disappointing this in the other hand is a nice surprise I try not to buy leather products but this one is great, the space for the card is the right size I can even place 2 o 3 cards in one slot and still doesn't feel bulky.
on December 13, 2014
I bought this in August 2013. I too, was a bit wary due to the negative reviews regarding problems with the zipper. I'm glad I went ahead and bought it.

A year and five months later, I can report that it has never given me one problem with the zipper. In fact, I would say this is the best wallet that I've ever owned. With daily use, nothing is wearing out - no stitching on the inside or out starting to fray, nothing coming loose.

There is such a secure feeling with having a zippered wallet. I never worry about a credit card getting jarred loose and falling out, or losing a receipt that I might need. I came back today to buy another one - just in case they stop making them, or they become unavailable for some reason. Even though I won't need a replacement for several years, I couldn't imagine going back to a wallet without a zipper.
on December 9, 2016
Love this wallet. Plenty of room for my cards and cash. Cards are held securely. Appears to be made of high quality material.
on October 28, 2015
My debit card was hacked a couple of weeks ago so after getting it all straightened out it was recommended that I buy an RFID wallet as a precaution against the various scanners that are easily available these days. When I looked I saw Alpine Swiss in both zippered and unzippered models. Thinking the zipper afforded a little protection against things accidentally falling out of the wallet I purchased it. At first I was afraid it might be too bulky but it fit into my hip pockets quite nicely. I was also a little wary considering several reviewers who claimed the pockets were too small for their credit cards. Nonetheless, I am happy to report that was not the case at all and, so far, I am very happy with this wallet and would recommend it. I did purchase some clear vinyl windows that fit nicely into one of the credit card pockets to carry things like my insurance cards, etc. It would be a bonus to have included these with the wallet. Now, only time will tell how well it holds up. For now though, 5 stars!
on December 7, 2015
The best wallet I've had ever, and that's saying a LOT! Beautiful quality leather, stitched extremely well. My biggest pet peeve with any zippered wallet is the crummy, cheap zippers the usually have. They usually don't go around the corners very smoothly. I'm happy to report that the zipper used on this wallet is top notch and the pull tab is very nice. The zipper rounds the corners smoothly and effortlessly! Packed full of credit cards and 20 bills, it measures just shy of 1" thick. Just a nice quality product! P.S. It doesn't smell of leather like so many cheap wallets do!
on February 20, 2015
One year after I buy this wallet and once and a half around the world and STILL STRONG!!! The leather is indeed thin but soft and sturdy at the same time, wrinkles and age with character giving the wallet a more sophisticated look. I had put 8 credit cards, 2 ID's, 30 different US Dollars bills, a wallet knife and family photo and hold everything in its place like a champ without making it to bulky. Zipper has never give me any problems at all, and only received compliments of how elegant this wallet looks. To make all of this a better deal... the price its just pocket change compare to wallets of the same quality and capacity. If you are looking for a zippered wallet... this is it. If you are looking for an economic but great gift for a gentleman... this is it!. Come on, even if you are a youngster and wants a wallet to apply your preferred "whatever" patch on it... this is it! Really, don't look forward, this is an amazing buy!
on December 21, 2016
Feels like a quality item but the zipper pull is hard rather than flexible. I would prefer a flexible zipper pull especially considering the fact that I am keeping the wallet in my pocket. It is rather uncomfortable to sit on this wallet. Also, it is 25% larger than my trifold wallet.
on November 16, 2016
My 2nd of the Swiss wallets and they are very well made and really hold up compared to most. I bought this one for my son. I have same one in black for 2 years and the zipper still works great. Sure u can spend $75-$100 bucks and MAYBE do better but for the money this is an incredible value.