Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Get 10% back on select Bang & Olufsen products Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on November 1, 2010
Bought this to replace a cheap plastic 2.5GPM showerhead that felt like a trickle. This unit has the same 2.5GPM flow but is much better at rinsing off the soap and shampoo, which I am very particular about. Also, Alsons is a Michigan company so I like that (even though the product was manufactured in China, bleh). The only fault I could find with this head is that it is very hard to aim. We have a small stand-up shower stall and I prefer to point the stream away while I am soaping up... but there is a lot of friction in this head and not much area to grab. Maybe I should have gone for the on/off version but it did not quality for FSSS! Alsons 652 C Incredible Head Power Shower Head, Chrome
on November 27, 2008
After recently updating my main bathroom I decided to "treat" myself, as well as my Family to a new shower head.

I figured shower heads must have improved vastly in the last decade so I have been trying several as of late.
This Alsons 654CPK is the second showerhead I have tried, and it didn't last but 2 showers before it's removal.

The issue?
Well, there are several...

My wife jumped in the shower before me and was screaming to "get this POS outta here and put the old shower head back!"
She has extremely thick hair and finally demanded to get her a cup so she could fill it and pour it on her head as the Alsons was doing little to penetrate her thick mane.

I thought how bad could this be and took my 4 year old Son in with me to give it the test first hand.

The issues?... there are several.

It emits more of a mist than a shower. I fully expected this as it is a extremely small showerhead measuring 15/16" in outside diameter.What I didn't expect was how wide a swath it covered.The water was hitting my shower door as well as the opposite wall.What small amount was coming in contact with my body was so little it was taking forever to get wet.

The next issue was a major one-
The water leaving the showerhead was much hotter the water actually hitting your body.My 4 year old kept saying "Cold Daddy Cold!" as the water touched his body but the water directly coming out of the head was very hot indeed.

When I got out of the shower I had to towel dry my walls and ceiling as there was a layer of "dew" on them.I have never experienced this with any of the shower heads I have tried-weird indeed.

I did give the shower head 2 stars and I closed the drain just to see how much water was used and very little remained in the tub so in that aspect it does save you water.

To let other know who are interested in this particular head...it does not come with a shut-off like several reviewers have mentioned.The Alsons 652C is basically the same shower head with a shut-off.

Jeff
22 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 24, 2009
A couple years ago I picked up a shower head of this exact style at a local hardware store; it was perfect. However, it recently broke; I figured it's only a couple of bucks so why not just buy a new one. My previous shower head was manufactured by Resources Conservation, Inc; I guess they sold their business to Alsons a while ago. So I found this shower head and ordered it figuring it would be identical; while they might look the same, the performance was lacking. The old one had a very strong, concentrated, consistent spray; this one is less powerful, has a wider spray, and the coverage in the middle of the spray is terrible (the spray is basically like a ring rather than a disc). I ended up taking longer showers because it was harder to rinse off soap and shampoo with the weaker spray. I have since bought a more traditional shower head that gives better coverage, but I still long for the raw power of the Incredible Head Power Showerhead. I suppose it's possible I got a defective product; again it's only a couple of bucks, so I didn't bother looking for a refund and I might try buying another one just to be sure.
on October 9, 2009
I have tried numerous, much more costly shower heads, and NONE of them even comes close to the quality of spray provided by this small, inexpensive item. No matter how much you decide to spend on a shower head, you will not be able to purchase a better, more effective piece. Plus, it is easy to disassemble (simply using an Allen wrench), so as to clean the inside of the ports. I cannot recommend this item highly enough.
on October 30, 2016
Does not concentrate the spray in the direction pointed.
on July 29, 2007
I have been using nothing but this kind of shower head since they first came out about 15 years ago. The head breaks the water down into a very fine spray and uses less water than the regular types. I love the feel. A typical head lasts for about two years before it needs replacing. The pressure of the water erodes the water holes and the spray becomes uneven. But at that cheap price, replacement every couple of years is a trivial expense.
on January 16, 2008
I bought this based on the reviews of others and was disappointed.

For me the spray was very concentrated into a single area (in retrospect, by looking at the design, I should have guessed) but anyway just so as everyone else is aware, this is highly directional, think garden hose.

Also the holes were so fine, that the water felt more like a mist than a shower.

On the good side though is that it's well built, it just didn't fit my needs. I ended up going down to ACE Hardware and buying an AquaSource #item36572 1-spray setting wall-mount showerhead instead. It was about twenty bucks and made a huge difference.
on November 21, 2015
High quality, exceptional shower head. I would spring for a few more dollars and get the version with the plug valve (allows you to adjust the flow).
on August 3, 2011
I bought two of these because they resembled a similar product known as "the incredible head" that I used to put in apartments. This shower head is completely inferior. In fact both that I bought are now in the garbage. The spray pattern from these heads was just plain absurd. Also, the head was difficult to adjust once installed.
on December 13, 2009
Currently we use an older low flow Alsons type head that still works perfectly after more than 10 years. It is the favorite shower head in the house! Good hard spray with standard sized drops. Only wish I could find another. The mfg as I understand it, after quite some web research I did, was sold along with the patent. Whoever bought it, Alsons or somebody else, does not have it right. This model we just purchased has a mist spray that is just not satisfactory. I was trying to get the family to use other showers we have, but this head is not going to make that happen.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.