Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Altec Lansing inMotion iM414 Portable Audio System..." and save 29% off the $99.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Altec Lansing inMotion iM414 Portable Audio System for Zune
- Works with Zune 30 GB, 80 GB, 8 GB, 4 GB, NOT Compatible with Zune HD
- Robust and sleek speaker system and dock designed for use with Zune MP3 players
- Delivers crystal clear playback via custom, full-range, twin bass-enhanced neodymium speakers
- Built-in radio with programmable presets; easy-to-read LED display
- Charges your Zune player while docked
- 1-year limited warranty
Check Out All Altec Lansing Speaker Systems
Looking for an MP3 player speaker system but aren't sure which one is best for you? Altec Lansing offers a host of other speaker systems for iPods, Zunes, and other MP3 players. They're available in different colors, assorted shapes and sizes, and with a variety of features. Start shopping!
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Altec Lansing inMotion iM414 Portable Audio System for Zune
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||$5.99||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||DirectDeals4U||VintageShow||New Age Deals|
|Item Dimensions||10.25 x 5.25 x 5.5 in||1.57 x 6.06 x 8.58 in||9 x 6 x 6 in||9.25 x 6.25 x 2.56 in|
|Item Weight||3.5 lbs||1 lb||2 lbs||1.6 lbs|
Altec Lansing's iM414 is a docking station for your Zune player. It can be powered by AC or battery making it fully portable. It has a built in FM radio with remote control and station presets.
Amazon.com Product Description Specifically designed to unleash the robust playback abilities of any Zune portable MP3 player (Zune 4 GB, 8 GB, 30 GB, and 80 GB), the Altec Lansing inMotion iM414 is a powerful portable stereo system with surround effect technology. Designed for rich, crystal clear playback with enhanced, powerful bass technology, the iM414 delivers an immersive, surround effect with its custom, full-range twin bass-enhanced neodymium speakers. Powerful bass enhancement technology also is included to deliver high-quality bass without a subwoofer.
The iM414 also features a built-in FM radio with station memory presets, an easy-to-read LCD, and a telescopic antenna. A fully functional wireless remote is included for added convenience.
An auxiliary input jack is included so you can use the iM414's powerful speakers with various CD, DVD, and MP3 players. The iM414 comes backed by a 1-year limited warranty.
What's in the Box
iM414 inMotion digital speaker system, wireless remote, AC power supply, user’s guide, and quick connect instructions.
Top customer reviews
As for the vendor, I received my unit well packed and on time (+1 point) It was missing the remote control (-1 point).
P.S. The radio works great.
The system is very compact and the sound quality is good, what you'd expect for the size. Like others, I had an adjustment period figuring out that the power button on the speakers and the play function on the zune don't sync up simultaneously. I guess because the zune doesn't have a power button. I just leave the speakers on, and put the zune in standby (press and hold the play button) before I set it on the speaker dock. One thing I do wish worked differently is that the zune screen stays lit while charging, and if it's on, it's always charging while docked on these speakers. I like to listen to music while falling asleep so the light bothers me somewhat. I can turn it off using the pause button on the remote.
Overall I like the unit a lot while using with my Zune 120 (not HD). Really my only three issues with it are:
1) The Zune docking needs to be done in a specific order or I cannot get the dock to output audio. To get the dock to play the Zune, you first have to have the dock turned on and set to Zune and the Zune needs to be on as well. In this scenario it will begin charging, as well as playing if the Zune is already doing so. However, if you just set the Zune on the dock while the dock is off, turning on the dock will not play the Zune. You have to "re-dock" with the steps above. The same goes if you dock the Zune while it's off and the dock is on.
2) When turning the unit on you have to hold the power button down for longer than you would assume. Sometimes it feels like you've held it down for 3 seconds and it still doesn't come on. This doesn't seem to be a fault of the power button on the machine as the remote has the same symptom. It has never failed to come on, just seems unnecessary to have to hold the button. All the other buttons are as responsive as expected.
3) The display on the front is not a clock. It displays the volume if using the Zune or Aux, or the band if using FM (105.1). As I previously stated, I use this while in the shower. It would be nice to be able to quickly glance up and see what time it is, instead of the volume level at 15, for example.
Again, I really like this product and have been using it regularly for almost a year. I don't think the sound quality is excellent, but it's certainly not bad. In my usage I've not used it outside my small bathroom. Also, I've not turned it up too loud given the same scenario.
Overall I'm very happy with it, but I wish there were more options for Zune owners in general.