Altec Lansing inMotion iM414 Portable Audio System for Zune
- Works with Zune 30 GB, 80 GB, 8 GB, 4 GB, NOT Compatible with Zune HD
- Robust and sleek speaker system and dock designed for use with Zune MP3 players
- Delivers crystal clear playback via custom, full-range, twin bass-enhanced neodymium speakers
- Built-in radio with programmable presets; easy-to-read LED display
- Charges your Zune player while docked
- 1-year limited warranty
Check Out All Altec Lansing Speaker Systems
Looking for an MP3 player speaker system but aren't sure which one is best for you? Altec Lansing offers a host of other speaker systems for iPods, Zunes, and other MP3 players. They're available in different colors, assorted shapes and sizes, and with a variety of features. Start shopping!
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Altec Lansing's iM414 is a docking station for your Zune player. It can be powered by AC or battery making it fully portable. It has a built in FM radio with remote control and station presets.
Amazon.com Product Description Specifically designed to unleash the robust playback abilities of any Zune portable MP3 player (Zune 4 GB, 8 GB, 30 GB, and 80 GB), the Altec Lansing inMotion iM414 is a powerful portable stereo system with surround effect technology. Designed for rich, crystal clear playback with enhanced, powerful bass technology, the iM414 delivers an immersive, surround effect with its custom, full-range twin bass-enhanced neodymium speakers. Powerful bass enhancement technology also is included to deliver high-quality bass without a subwoofer.
The iM414 also features a built-in FM radio with station memory presets, an easy-to-read LCD, and a telescopic antenna. A fully functional wireless remote is included for added convenience.
An auxiliary input jack is included so you can use the iM414's powerful speakers with various CD, DVD, and MP3 players. The iM414 comes backed by a 1-year limited warranty.
What's in the Box
iM414 inMotion digital speaker system, wireless remote, AC power supply, user’s guide, and quick connect instructions.
Legal DisclaimerAs is.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I was looking for a small system that was fairly compact, ran on batteries or AC, would control a Zune, was priced under $100, and had reasonable sound quality. This one fit the bill.
* Sound quality at reasonable volumes, even for acoustic music and vocals is very good. It's not going to sound as good to a full stereo system, but given its small size, it sounds very good.
* In addition to Zune it also has an aux input for other devices and an FM radio.
* It's not flashy but it has a nice simple look. The controls are well laid out.
* There is a nice holder for the remote control so that you can stow it away when you are not using it. I wish more portable systems had this.
* So far I have gotten reasonable usage out of the 3 AA batteries. I realize that it's not going to run all day on 3 AAs but I have gotten several hours usage out of a set - long enough for a picnic or other outdoor activity. I'd suggest bringing spares though.
* I have read some criticism about docking. My Zune 8GB docks easily and securely
* There is an antenna cord in the back. Unlike most portable stereos I have used it is not detachable. You always have this wire, several feet long dangling from the back. You can roll it up but it's still a nuisance. I've consider just cutting it off and using the radio in the Zune.
* Several of the controls, such as bass boost are only available on the remote. It seem like this is the norm lately. They are putting less of the controls on the systems themselves and making you use the remote.
* Sometime is it finicky about what order you do things. Sometime, but not always, if you dock the Zune and turn it on, then turn on the system, no sound comes out, you have to re-dock the Zune.
Overall I'm satisfied with the purchase given the sound quality, features, and reasonable price.
The system is very compact and the sound quality is good, what you'd expect for the size. Like others, I had an adjustment period figuring out that the power button on the speakers and the play function on the zune don't sync up simultaneously. I guess because the zune doesn't have a power button. I just leave the speakers on, and put the zune in standby (press and hold the play button) before I set it on the speaker dock. One thing I do wish worked differently is that the zune screen stays lit while charging, and if it's on, it's always charging while docked on these speakers. I like to listen to music while falling asleep so the light bothers me somewhat. I can turn it off using the pause button on the remote.
P.S. The radio works great.