Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 831 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 860 reviews
on May 23, 2016
I used to have an old alternative hoodie when they used to be based in California (long time ago) now the fabric is a synth-blend and just after a few days of wearing it to work it started piling under the armpits. The fabric seems to shed a lot of fibers on my undershirt and is looking threadbare and falling apart almost immediately which is really odd given the price you pay for this hoodie. I hope the company is aware of this issue, and fixes it immediately,
review image review image
on June 6, 2016
I love the feel of this sweatshirt. It is soft and fits great. However, the zipper on this sweatshirt sucks. I ordered one in blue and one in red. I returned the blue one almost immediately as the zipper broke. They were really good about sending me a new one; however, the zipper broke on that one and on the red one. Unfortunately, it is too late to now return them. You should be able to wear a sweatshirt for more than a couple months without the zipper breaking. Very disappointed.
on November 14, 2015
I really like this hoodie as it is thicker than my other Alternative Apparel hoodie and thus warmer. The navy color looks great and the fit is good. The only complaint I have is that the thing balled up after just one wash. If that bothers you, then this brand is probably not a good idea to go with (my other AA hoodie also has the same problem). If you're like me and you don't care about balling up, then this hoodie is pretty great.
on June 4, 2017
Alternative Rocky Hoodie - I bought this hoodie a couple years ago off Amazon in black and I liked it at first. It was very soft and fit well. Unfortunately it doesn't wash well and pills easily but since I just used it when going to the dog park I didn't really care. I recently just purchased the hoodie again from Zappos in the true navy color and love the color and softness and have tried to be very careful washing in only in cold water on the gentle cycle and using the very low heat setting on the dryer but the fabric just doesn't hold up and pills easily. Plus the synthetic material stinks and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. I think it's overpriced for the quality.
on December 26, 2014
Love the jacket. Light zip jacket with cool camp look. Lots of XL's are too small for me, but when I get the XXL, the belly area is way too big. This one fits my shoulders well and sleeve length great too. Im 6'4" 220lbs. So it was a pleasure for me. Actually putting it that way, maybe it runs a little longer in body and sleeve than normal, but it works for me. Good quality and look!
on February 27, 2017
I had a Alternative Earth Apparel hoodie for years that I absolutely loved. It was lightweight, incredibly comfortable fit perfect. After 5 years my zipper finally took a nose dive and broke so I got what I thought was the correct one. I even checked the materials to make sure it was the same blend. This one is nice for sure. It is very very small for an XL. I'm not saying I'm a tiny guy because I'm not but it fits more like a large to the point where I can't wear it which is a disapointment. The material while seems very comfortable is not the same, this is more hoodie feel the other one was much thinner. There is a huge chance they either don't make that hoodie anymore or I can't seem to find it and this is not the same thing but regardless I was disapointed in this one. Mostly because it doesn't fit.
on July 8, 2016
I purchased two of these originally. On one item, the zipper fell apart at the waist on one side so i returned it and had them replace the item. Then the second item originally purchased had a defect in the exact same manner. I requested a refund. Then the replaced item had the exact same defect. I have requested a refund on that item. Buyer beware. You get what you pay for....
on November 11, 2016
I really liked this hoodie, but today, the metal clip at the bottom of the hoodie (the part that's inserted into the zipper) broke off today. I couldn't find an easy way to get it back on, so I'll probably have to get a new hoodie. Might get one from another company if this one is only going to last 5 months.
review image
on June 1, 2015
I'm a pretty small girl, I got a men's medium. I like longer sweatshirts. It's not super wide so it is great.Really soft and comfy. Got a little balled up the first time I wore it, under my arms. I took my fabulous lint ball shaver gently to it and the balls were gone. It didn't shrink when I washed it in cold water and I wear it all the time now. Still gets some fuzz balls but not too bad. Totally worth it because it is so comfy and soft and a good price for a hoodie.
on June 17, 2017
Extremely soft an comfortable, fits as expected. However, as other reviewers have noted this sweatshirt pills like crazy and the quality isn't very good. I have a couple of other Alternative sweatshirts that are almost 10 years old but I don't expect this one to last more than a couple years.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.