Altura Photo 72MM 0.43x Wide Angle Lens with Macro Portion, Sigma Lenses for Canon
|Price:||$29.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 72MM 0.43x Altura Photo Professional Wide Angle High Definition Lens for DSLR Cameras + MagicFiber Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth
- NOTE: PLEASE VERIFY YOUR CAMERA'S LENS THREAD SIZE BEFORE ORDERING. This Wide-Angle is compatible with 72MM lenses only. Lens sizes vary regardless of camera brand or model. Your camera's lens thread size will be marked somewhere on the lens barrel or printed underneath your lens cap. This number is always preceded by a ""Ø"" (diameter) symbol. For example: Ø72 = 72mm lens thread size.
- Compatible with the CANON EF 35mm f/1.4L, EF 85mm f/1.2L II, EF 135mm f/2L zoom lenses.
- Also compatible with the NIKON 85mm f/1.4, 18-200mm f/3.5 5.6G, 24-85mm, f/3.5-4.5G zoom lenses.
- Backed with DigitalGoja 90-Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- NOTE: This Wide Angle is compatible with 72MM lenses only. Not all Canon cameras come with 72MM lenses. Please verify your camera's lens thread size before ordering. Your camera's lens thread size will be marked somewhere on the lens barrel or printed underneath your lens cap. This number is always preceded by a "Ø" (diameter) symbol. For example: Ø72 = 72mm lens thread size.
- New Altura Photo 72mm 0.43x Super HD Wide Angle Lens with Macro Portion
- Authorized Altura Photo Dealer.
- The Altura Photo HD Wide Angle Lens allows more of the scene to be included in the photograph, which is useful in architectural, interior and landscape photography.
- This lens increases the wide angle range of both zoom and standard lenses. The Multicoated Optical glass and steel barrel design are engineered to offer the highest level of precision and technical specifications available today. Ensuring a high definition wide angle image without distortion.
- The Altura Photo 0.43x Lens is considered a Super HD Wide Angle lens with a soft fisheye effect.
- 2 in 1. This Wide Angle Fisheye lens features a detachable Macro Lens for close-up high detail photography.
- Multi-coated (MC) Lens. Professional high definition lens reduces glass flare & ghosting caused by reflections.
- Full Autofocus (AF) Compatible and Full Infrared (IR) compatible for high resolution day & night shooting.
- 72MM Back Thread and 82 MM front thread.
- Extra Heavy Duty Construction for professional and outdoor use.
- New Premium MagicFiber® Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
- Ultra gentle! Extremely fine microfiber leaves zero scratches, streaks or marks. Safe for all lenses.
- Ideal for cleaning oil and dirt off eyeglasses, touch screens, DSLR and other camera lenses, and other delicate optics.
- Size: 6 x 7 inches (15cm x 18cm)
Top Customer Reviews
I am a pro and thought i would give this a try before i go and drop 5 large on a real wide angle lens.
Pretty nice glass for the money, in the pic with the wire rim of my readers the glass is pretty clear, better than i expected for the money for the macro only part. Given you are putting another layer of glass between your subject and the sensor i could see using this now and again. It did mess with the AF a little so I switched to MF and simply moved the camera closer till i got the focus point I wanted.
Doesn't take a lot of light away.
As for the wide angle, well it's ok. If I zoom up a little to get rid of the vignetting it seems to have mostly a usable area but......
Now for the Bad:
The focus drops off severely around the outer edges and there is some color aberrations to contend with along the edges as well. My pics have un-cropped/uncorrected, cropped/uncorrected, useable cropped/uncorrected, un-cropped/corrected at the 18-55 and finally un-cropped/corrected using the canon 8mm correction in adobe PS CS6. You can judge for yourself. As a pro I will toss this in the bag and I could see using it in an unrestrained crop situation but it's usefulness is limited at 16:9 crop.
Like I said, for 28 bucks what the hell, the macro works pretty well, the glass is great for the money and it could come in handy in some situations.
I'm very happy with the new addition to my camera gear. This likely will not be a permanent addition to my main bag, but a nice piece to have for particular situations. The 67MM 0.43x Altura has really helped with my crop sensor at getting a lot more photographic area in one shot. The macro is a nice addition, but I don't see using it that often.
I've purchased this primarily for night photography and being able to effectively capture a night shot for a longer shutter speed. With this addition, I can capture 30 second exposures on a crop sensor camera without any star trails. Before adding this attachment, the shutter speed was set at 18 seconds. Anything longer than that and star trails began showing up.
There is distortion because it is unavoidable with an attachment like this. It is not extremely noticeable and any photographer with medium to advanced skills will enjoy this attachment. I don't recommend over tightening the lens since the larger size is easily torqued. If the previous reviewer ruined a lens because it was too tight then in my opinion it was way over tightened in the beginning or they cross threaded it which can happen on any fine thread such as these.
I do wish I could use JUST the wide angle portion alone (which is the ONLY reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5) but I'm still happy with the purchase. I've used it on macro only and it takes incredible close ups. The detail is wonderful. And then using it with the wide angle, I was able to capture some great pics as well.
I've tried to attach pics - not sure if they will work but I wanted to include them so you can see the quality.
Taken with wide angle and macro up close
/Users/CarlaEzell/Desktop/Sunset on the Delaware6.jpg
taken with wide angle and macro from a distance
take with only the macro
Adds some wide angle perspective to your images but it's not the 0.43x it claims. If I understand that correctly then it should make my 18mm lens into a 7.7mm lense, however, I have a 6.5mm lens and it's not even close. My real fisheye gets 45% more image. See images for a comparison against a 6.5mm fisheye wide angle lens.
Macro works but is limited.
For the price I'm okay with the limitations. I will use it.
Some reviewers said the build quality is bad, but I dropped mine almost 4 feet on tile flooring and there was no damage. Seems solid to me.
-Wide angle is NOT as much as it claims. If I understand the 0.43x correctly then it should make my 18mm lens into a 7.7mm lense, however, I have a 6.5mm lens and it's not even close. See images for a comparison against a 6.5mm fisheye wide angle lens.
the lens causes chromatic aberrations.
-Heavy vignetting in the corners. You can literally see the edges of the lens in the image anywhere under 24mm. You can crop the image to remove the vignetting but then you end up losing a lot of the image.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is not a true wide angle lens, it does provide some enhanced views but not nearly what I was hoping for from others reviews. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Roger Kiley
At first I was happy with this wide angle, but when I started taking pictures and I zoom out. It cast a shadow using the flash. During day light it's okay. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Mauricio Ruvalcaba
This is a extension it goes where you would place a filter on your camera..Published 3 days ago by Brandon "Dimentox Travanti" Husbands
This lens enable to take wide angle pictures. I've recommended for all my friends to buy this lens. Will buy this lens for friend on his birthday.Published 5 days ago by X. Lee
Pretty good for hobby but does have a ring when zoomed out all the way. Great for macro shots able to focus closer than with a standard 18mm-55mm but wouldn't really want to use it... Read morePublished 6 days ago by Fredrik K.
Before purchasing this item, I had reviewed thoroughly thru Youtube and other sources, and most of them gave great reviews. But for my inside house photos, it never worked. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Benjamin Choi
I truly love this additional lens to my collection. While I am only a generic photographer, I have used this lens and I have taken great shots. Read morePublished 13 days ago by Robert L. Miller, Jr.