Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,293 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,354 reviews
on March 20, 2013
I purchased a set of these after I lost my kit lens cap. Though I replaced that cap, I figured I'd take a proactive approach and get some of these to prevent losses of caps in the future. For the money, it's a great value and the piece of mind I get in not having to constantly check my pocket or nearby surfaces has already justified the purchase. (Extra bonus: not having to listen to my husband pick on me for "if your head wasn't screwed on..." jabs. Score!)

So it does what it says on the box. No frills, just a little adhesive disc danging on a cord from an elastic band that goes around the lens. The length from the elastic band is approximately 6 inches down to the end of the disc, so expect 8 or so inches with a lens attached.

These are a little awkward, especially if you remove the lens with the cap on and set it down. It'll cant to the side because the disc is rather thick (posted an image), so be wary of doing this. I'm also particularly wary of accidentally brushing or rubbing the keeper when storing the lens away in my camera bag. While gentle tests have assured me that the disc is affixed securely, I expect given time or a good hard knock will dislodge it. Some care has to be taken.

Also, keep in mind that the band may obscure switches on pancake or small prime lenses. Though it is fairly firm, it sometimes shifts over my auto/manual switch on my 50mm f/1.8 prime. Still, these are, I feel, minor points for keeping track of my caps.

The cloth was a nice, unexpected bonus; more than that, though (other reviewers mentioned this), I was pleasantly surprised to have also received a little note tucked in with contact details from the Digital Goya president. Though I hope not to need to contact him, I did like that little extra touch and direct methods to contact him should any issues arise.

Edit (August 2 2013): One of these keepers finally bit the dust from some pretty rough manhandling. The plastic knob popped off and left the sticky pad on the lens cap after the line was yanked a bit too much. Considering it took some pretty rough handling to pull it apart, I'm still pleased that it lasted as long as it did. I would make a habit of pressing the plastic disc onto the cap firmly from time to time to prevent it from lifting up too much, but never had a problem with its grip.

The only issue I had with removal was because the sticky pad was left on the lens, I had to peel it off and scrape off the residual glue left behind. This was a bit of a pain, but comes with the territory of sticking something firmly onto a surface. I could have simply re-glued the little cap back over the sticky pad to keep on using the keeper, but I just opted to remove it and use my spare keeper.

Would definitely order some more when I need it.
review image
Don't you hate losing lens caps? Trying to find an exact original to replace it can be difficult so you are left to buy a third-party cap that may or may not fit well. Well, to avoid all that, use lens cap keepers.

This five pack is more than enough for a semi/pro photographer. It's easy to use, stick the small circular piece onto your cap, and then wrap the elastic end to your lens nearest to the camera body. The elastic is stretchy enough to anchor it to your lens.

So whenever you're taking photos, just take off the cap and it will just hang there. You won't have to keep track of it or lose it (unless the strap breaks), but it looks to be durable enough for everyday use.

Never lose a lens cap again! Recommended.

— NOTE ON LENGTH —
If you have a large lens, this may or may not work for you. A workaround is keeping the elastic band closest to your lens and not your camera body.
on August 19, 2016
After loosing my lens cap for my Cannon EOS camera and having to buy a replacement I was looking for a product that would help me avoid loosing my lens cap. Having to hold the cap or place it in a pocket or in the camera bag for each photo - gets a bit old. I looked at a number of options and I settled on these 5 Altura Photo Lens Cap Keeper Holders that came with a bonus Magic Fiber lens wipe. These seemed to have good reviews and were offered at a reasonable price, even though I only needed one, I figured it's not a bad thing to have spares or to even give them to family.

The items came individually wrapped in plastic bags. And a note on the actual package as well as included inside advising that the company is committed to ensure each customer is 100% satisfied with the purchase. While there were no direction on attaching the lens cap holder to the camera, there was a youtube channel listed for directions. I didn't feel the need to watch the video but rather was able to slide the elastic over my camera lens and then remove the sticker and attach it to a flat portion of my lens cap.

I really like this product. The sticker that attaches to the cap is very secure and the elastic that surrounds the lens is the perfect fit. The length of the string is just the right length for my lens.

I'm very happy with this purchase. For a small price, I have piece of mind about not loosing my lens cap. The MagicFiber wipe was a nice bonus too. It is a nice size (6"x7") and works well.
on February 2, 2016
This is a great idea for holding on to your lens cap. I have an Olympus Micro 4/3 camera/lens and the lens caps do not have any loops on them to allow me to tie on and secure the cap when off the lens. The product does what it says but I took a star off for the reasons described below.

Advantages:
1. attaches easily
2. holds lens cap
3. have not lost a lens cap since got this product

Disadvantages:
1. on smaller lenses there is little room for the "rubber band" style attachment and it may slip and interfere with zoom function at times.
2. on the rubber band end, the one that goes around the lens, there is a plastic protrusion about a half inch in length. This is how the cord from the lens cap attaches to the rubber band. This part does get in the way, especially with a smaller camera.
3. I would have liked to see a smaller "sticker" piece for the lens cap. On a smaller lens/camera system it seems a bit overkill.

Even with the above disadvantages, it does prevent me from loosing the lens cap so I am going to stick with it for now, or until a better solution presents itself.
on June 9, 2016
These are essential. I am always paranoid about losing my lens caps (can't trust pockets!) and these are worth it for the peace of mind alone. It also beats having to buy new caps!
How it works: The thick black line you see in the photo is an elastic band that fits snugly onto the body of your lens. The little circle has adhesive on it. You just peel back the sticker cover and put it on the outside of the lens cap. Simple! And now your lens caps are safe!
The only cons I can see are:
1. When you want to remove the adhesive end of the holder it might leave some residue. But I figure it will just take a bit of scrubbing and again, this is definitely better than buying a new lens cap.
2. When you are shooting at certain angles the lens cap flops around and you must hold it so that it doesn't get into the pictures. This is just a bit awkward.
on August 5, 2016
Vendor was great (Altura Photo); product was worthless and landed in the trash. The elastic band is fine, and the 3M adhesive is fine. The problem is the string between the two--it pulled out of the button almost immediately on all five leashes, and no way to put it back in without taking off/destroying the adhesive. Defeats the purpose of a lens cap leash! Definitely would not buy again.
on March 20, 2016
Perfect for what I needed. They're sticky labels that attach to your lens cap, and the strap fits around the base of your lens. If you're swapping lenses a lot, the strap will come undone and flail around, but hopefully you already have the lens cap on your lens so that means the unit remains whole.

I don't know how long the sticky stuff on the lens cap part will hold, but after a couple of months, so far so good. The only concern is that my lens caps have a raised "NOKIA" imprint on them which means when you attach the sticker, it's attaching over the NOKIA word which isn't a full 100% contact with a flat piece of plastic.

Another minor complaint is that this package contains 5 lens caps plus a below average cleaning cloth. I don't have 5 lenses, and I already have plenty of great microfiber cleaning cloths, so I basically paid for items I don't need.
on January 2, 2017
Perfect! A simple solution to help me keep my lens covers on my cameras.

I am always misplacing those things... or I was, until I ordered these nifty things.

The elastic band fits around my lenses (even my fixed aperture fisheye). You peel the cover off the sticky dot on the circle, and attach that to your lens cover somewhere. Then, simply remove your lens cover and let it dangle while you take photos.

There has been a time or two where I've had to brush the lens cap out of my way, but no different than a rebellious camera strap -- you deal with it.

I have absolutely no complaints -- these are helping me keep my lenses much safer!
on January 4, 2017
I use these on all of my Canon lenses (18-55mm kit lens, 50mm prime lens, and 70-300mm telephoto) as well as my Tokina wide angle lens. When I first started photography, I had one keeper that I kept on my camera strap because my two lenses were both 58mm. Once I began expanding my collection, I knew I needed more of these for the different sized lens caps. These fit snug on all of my lenses, and the sticky tabs hold up well and stick well (atleast on Canon and Tokina lens caps that have a lot of flat area). Work as described, and the company even sent a microfiber cloth for my lenses with it! I've ordered a lot of things from Altura and I've always been pleased.
on October 30, 2016
I ordered these because my husband lost the lens cap for one of the lenses to our camera and these seemed like a good idea when we replaced it; and they are. They are a super simple product that keeps the lens cap tethered to the camera so you don't have to remember where you put it or lose it if you are carrying too much equipment around and fail to secure the cap to the lens. They got here super fast and I am really pleased with the product.