4 Year Camera Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to drops, spills and cracked screens and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Altura Photo 8mm f/3.0 Professional Ultra Wide Angle Aspherical Fisheye Lens for NIKON D500 D3200 D3300 D3400 D5200 D5300 D5500 D5600 D7100 D7200 D7500 DSLR Cameras
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- NEW 2017 MODEL – The new version of the Altura Photo 8MM lens is updated for 2017 with improved optics and build quality for unparalleled image quality.
- FULL 180° VIEWS - Included removable hood allows for stunning 180° views.
- COMPATIBLE WITH: All Nikon APS-C cameras; including the D3200, D3300, D3400, D5200, D5300, D5500, D7100, D7200; D500. Is also compatible with FULL FRAME cameras but please keep in mind it will produce a more circular "360" image with black vignette borders.
- CUSTOM LENS CASE – A custom designed protective lens case is included for safe storage.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY – Includes 1 year of limited warranty by Altura Photo.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
Rokinon HD8M-N 8mm f/3.5 HD Fisheye Lens with Auto Aperture Chip and Removable Hood for Nikon DSLR 8-8mm, Fixed-Non-Zoom Lens
Opteka 6.5mm f/3.5 Fisheye Lens for Nikon D7500, D7200, D7100, D7000, D5500, D5300, D5200, D5100, D3400, D3300, D3200 and D3100 Digital SLR Cameras
Vivitar 8mm Ultra-Wide f/3.5 Fisheye Lens For Nikon D3000, D3100, D3200, D3300, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D7000, D7100, D7200, D40, D50, D60, D70, D70s, D80, D90, D100, D200, D300, D500 DSLR
Neewer Pro 8mm f/3.5 Aspherical HD Fisheye Lens for Nikon DSLR 8-8mm with Protective Lens Cap, Removable Lens Hood and Carrying Bag
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Digital Goja||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Circuit City||HD Sales US||Nigelton Sales|
|Compatible Camera Mount||Nikon F||Nikon F (DX)||Nikon F||Nikon (DX),Nikon F, Nikon (DX), Nikon F||Nikon F||Nikon F|
|Focus Type||manual-focus||Ring-type ultrasonic||manual-focus||Manual||manual_only||manual|
|Item Dimensions||2.95 x 3.03 x 2.95 in||2.09 x 2.76 x 2.76 in||3.03 x 2.95 x 2.95 in||3 x 2 x 2 in||—||2.95 x 2.95 x 3.03 in|
|Item Weight||1.14 lbs||7.05 ounces||0.98 lb||7.2 ounces||1.6 lbs||1.61 lbs|
|Lens Type||fisheye||standard-prime||Prime lens||Fisheye||fisheye||Prime lens|
|Maximum Focal Length||8 millimeters||35 millimeters||8 millimeters||6.5 millimeters||8 millimeters||8 millimeters|
|Minimum Focal Length||8 millimeters||35 millimeters||8 millimeters||6.5 millimeters||8 millimeters||8 millimeters|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||—||52 millimeters||—||—||—||—|
Altura Photo 8MM F/3.0 Fisheye Lens for Nikon DSLR Cameras (AP-8MN)
The 8MM F/3.0 Fisheye (AP-8MN) for NIKON is the newest addition to the Professional Lens Series from Altura Photo. The lens features exceptional build quality and performance as well as straight forward ease of use for photographers of all levels.
With a hybrid, aspherical element and multi-layer lens coating, the AP-8MN will unlock powerful new viewing angles as well as sharply defined images. Enjoy dramatic, exaggerated perspective when used with an APS-C camera, or the iconic circular image floating in the frame when used with a Full-Frame camera. Highly advanced optics and a new and improved design make the new Altura Photo AP-8MN 8MM F/3.0 Fisheye the ultimate fisheye lens for your DSLR camera.
- Metal lens construction with hybrid aspherical element for exceptional, sharply defined images.
- Multi-layered lens coating to reduce flare and ghosting.
- Lens features multi-layer coating to reduce flare and ghosting.
- Manual focus and aperture control.
- Includes a custom designed lens protective case for safe storage.
- Lens features a 6-blade aperture with clickable stops from a f/3.0-f/22.
- Removable petal lens hood.
Focal Length: 8mm
Lens Mount: Nikon F-Mount
Aperture range: F/3-22
Number of diaphragm blades: 6
Optics: 11 Elements in 8 Groups with 1 aspherical element
Designed for all Nikon F-Mount APS-C cameras; including the Nikon D500 7200 5500 3400 3200 3000 300 300s D90 D80 7100 7000 D60 D40X
Note: Also compatible with FULL FRAME cameras but please keep in mind it will produce a circular, vignette image.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Now, the details. Yes, the lens comes with a nice pouch, and includes a microfiber cleaning cloth, a nice touch. But, however nice, those are not the essential or even important details about it. The important thing is - the lens is sharp. I was concerned about the image quality, but having shot with it a couple times, my fears were assuaged. I am attaching some samples. I have never shot with a Rokinon 8mm, but I am quite sure Altura is not far behind in terms of IQ. I used it during daytime, so stopping the lens down for maximum sharpness was possible. I am not a professional, just a hobbyist, and my perspective may not be as meaningful as that of a professional photographer, so I invite those interested to look at the images and judge for yourselves.
The important thing (like with any lens and camera nowadays) is to shoot in RAW. Since this is an uncompressed and lossless format, you can pull all kinds of color and detail out of those shots in post processing. And with that in mind, Altura, I think, holds its own quite well.
My only gripes so far:
1. the fit of the lens cap (for the hood) is wobbly. It is not tight at all.
2. The hood is weird. Even if you frame the shot with the horizon line even, the hood borders come out skewed and uneven in the shot. Not an issue on a fullframe (as I wanted a nice round image effect, so I would take the hood off anyway). May or may not be a problem for a crop sensor. Remains to be seen.
Not really a gripe, but worth mentioning: the circle around the image is not a full circle. The top and bottom are cropped in the image. Initially, I attributed it to some Altura manufacturing flaw, but when I took a look at Rokinon 8mm sample images on Flickr, I saw the same thing. So it must be an 8mm thing.
Verdict: Solid, well-built lens, which does exactly what it is supposed to do and costs half of what Rokinon/Samyang/Bower 8mm lens costs.
I am happy - so far.