Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Aluratek ADPF07SF 7-Inch Hi-Resolution Digital Photo Frame
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Back to School

on November 19, 2009
I just got this frame and it's nothing like in the picture above, I'm very disappointed.
I'll try to include real pictures in "share your own pictures" section.
Made of plastic, with rounded edges, it looks very cheap, almost like a toy.
The screen resolution is not 800x480 as described in the other review, it's actually 480x234.
I regularly buy stuff from Amazon, and this is the first time that a product was falsely advertised.
review image review image
22 comments| 134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 4, 2008
This frame has a very good screen resolution (800x480) for its price range. Also has very simple controls and operations. If you are looking for a feature-rich frame with sophisticated on screen menu, this frame is not for you, but if you are looking for high resolution frame with basic features at a reasonable price, this frame fits the bill.

While the majority of digital cameras shoot with the aspect ratio of 4:3, this frame as well as almost all other frames are wide-screen, with the aspect ratio of 5:3. I don't understand why there should be some conflicting standards for two items that go hand in hand, it reminds me of the packaging buns and hot dogs. In any case, this frame shows the pictures in landscape only. If you want your landscape pictures to be shown in full with no white space around them, you have to manually crop them to give them a 5:3 aspect ratio before you put them on the memory card. Otherwise, you have to use the frame's Mode button to use either of its three display modes (Full, Auto-fit, Pan-scan). The Full mode will stretch the picture to fit the width of the screen, thus to some degree distorts the image. Auto-fit shows the whole picture, therefore showing a 4:3 picture on a 5:3 screen will leave white space (actually black space) on both sides. Pan-scan, which is the default mode, matches the width of the image with the width of the frame, thus to show a 4:3 picture, the fame crops from the top and bottom of the image to bring it to 5:3 aspect ratio, so the crop is done automatically, but not at your discretion.

It has auto slide-show with nice random transitions to show pictures at three preset speeds. The default is fast (6 seconds on each picture). By pressing the Time button on the back of the frame, you can switch to medium (15 seconds), or slow (30 seconds). For the slide-show, if you want the pictures to be shown in a specific order, there is no control for that. To achieve that, you have to copy the pictures to the memory card one by one in the order you want them to be shown, because the frame shows the pictures based on the copy date/time stamp.

The frame can only show pictures in JPEG format, but for many that shouldn't be a problem, as this is the most popular format. However, you need to know something that I learned the hard way. I had many JPEG pictures that this frame could not show. These are normal JPEG images that can be shown by all browsers and graphic program in the computer, yet the frame could not show them. I played with their resolution and other properties, to no avail. Finally, it turns out that if an image has been saved by a photo editing software (I use PhotoImpact), although it is saved in JPEG, the frame cannot show it. The frame can only show the images that come directly from a digital camera, or saved by Microsoft Paint program. So when I called the images the frame could not show into Windows Paint program and saved them with Paint, they could be shown in the frame. I contacted Aluratek's technical support, but they responded that they do not have any solution for this problem yet.

Another thing that I learned by experience is the that Off button (holding the Play/Pause button for 3 seconds) turns off the screen, but does not reset the circuits. In few cases the frame showed a distorted image. I turned the frame off using this button, to no avail. When I unplugged the frame and plugged it back in, everything turned out OK.

Another behavior about this frame which I do not like is that when you turn it off (unplug it) it looses all its setups and when you turn it back on, everything goes back to the default. For example, if you change the transition speed to medium (15 seconds) or slow (30 seconds), when you turn it off and on, it is back to fast (6 seconds).

Overall, in my view if you can live with a few small flaws, it is a good frame with very good resolution at a reasonable price.
44 comments| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2010
I was disappointed at the size of this frame. The ENTIRE frame is 7", while the screen is only about 5". It cuts the tops of the heads off of most of my photos. Clear picture, and very easy to use, but screen is too small.
on May 1, 2010
Screen size is unusual, pictures do not fit well in frame. actual viewing are is less then 7 inch.
All in all, not worth byuing this product.
on May 21, 2010
I have been shopping for a decent digital photo frame for a while now, and I have notice MOST of the low end digital frame will advertise high resolution, which usually sounds like it should show picture similar to what we see in the monitor. Just clear picture. However the problem is probably not the TFT screen itself, it is the display controller, most of these low end frame will have a controller that will interlace the picture (see here [...]

So it is not exactly false advertising.

I have seen some even list the resolution of the screen such as (480 x 234) and in person the screen still looks bad. Such as the COBY DP700, it is listed as
480 x 234, but when I see it in person, it has that interlace problem. This ALURATEK APDF07SF 7" DIGITAL PICTURE FRAME also have the same issue, but it is not quite as bad as some of the other one I have seen. If you are willing to pay $20 extra and get the ALURATEK ADMPF108F, it looks exactly like how it looks on the computer monitor. So make sure you check out the digital picture frame in person.
on February 12, 2010
I did a lot of research before buying this frame. I knew it wasn't going to be the best digital frame ever, but it seemed like it was a good one for this price range. I would say it is pretty nice and pretty easy to use, but I expected the picture quality to be a little better based on what I read. It's not horrible, but unless you are a few feet away from the frame it is a little pixel-y. If you just want a cheap and easy to use frame I'd say go for it, but if you want a really nice one you'll have to spend more.
on November 30, 2009
This product is just fine. No, it doenst look like the photo, and it is black, but it most certainly doesnt look like a toy. I could really careless about ratios and resolutions, the pictures on my memory card look good on this frame. I got this for my mother in law for Christmas and I'm sure she will love it. I would recommend this picture frame to anyone who isnt super picky and has to have high end everything. You cant ask for more when you only spend $38.00!
on January 8, 2010
When I was reading reviews of this frame, I was so worried that I almost cancelled it. Since it was so cheap, thought of giving it a try and Amazon.com my best friend is always there to take back including shipping charges :).
I was expecting it to be a bigger frame but the 7 inch is diagonal length which makes it look small. Plugged in the SDHC card and boom, slideshow starts. Was impressed with its easy settings.

what will anyone expect from a $30 frame, a diamond coated gold frame? common, it is pretty decent comparing the price at which it is sold.

recommend for those who want to keep their loved ones pics along with them.
on November 4, 2013
Only allows 334 photos at a time which is less than 1g but is sold with cards for more than that implying that it will show more. Even if you have them in folders of 334 it will not allow you to switch between the folders easily if at all.
on July 12, 2010
For the price I was completely satisfied with this. We use it to view our SD cards on hunting trips, because most everthing out there has such small screens that you cannot see any detail, but this screen size was great, quality was great. Only wish the instruction booklet was a little better,but other than that it does more than what we expected.