Truck Reviews HPC Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on July 24, 2015
This is a plastic frame, that comes with a screw in plastic stand. It looks a little cheap in my opinion. This item does not come with a SD card or USB stick, you need to get either off them separately. The set up was very easy. I plugged it in and pushed in the SD card that I had loaded with pictures on my computer, and it turned on right away. You can adjust the picture speed, or how they will be displayed in the back of the frame. You also get to set your system up in your language. It displays the pictures fading in from all sides or they swoosh in, it is different each time and repeats the cycle. I had the pictures set to random but they displayed in the order I had them on my SD card. This frame does not come with batteries and has to stay plugged in while in display mode. I am overall pleased with the performance, and it can keep up with pricier frames.
25 people found this helpful
on May 1, 2017
Works fine, but I'm very disappointed in the design. You can not use a long USB flash drive without it showing... okay, I can get around that by buying a short USB drive or using an SD card, but the fracked power plug also sticks out and can be seen from the front... that's unacceptable.
review image
14 people found this helpful
Top Contributor: Boxingon February 2, 2017
This digital frame will accept an SD card for photos but has no internal memory. The frame came with an AC adapter and has a USB plug but did not come with a USB cable. When I loaded the SD card with pictures and plugged in the frame it started and automatically goes to display mode after a few seconds. You can set the amount of time for each picture to be displayed but the menu selections are preset to 15 seconds, 30 seconds, 30 minutes etc. There appear to be lines that run horizontally on the display which are visible at an angle but not so much when looking directly at the frame. The frame also seems to dislike some photos and won't display them or there is a limit to the number of displayed photos. I'm not sure which is the case but I tried removing some photos and there were still some pictures that wouldn't display. Overall it's ok considering the low price.

*** Update 7/2/17 ***
I have this frame plugged in to my computer at work and it displays pictures 24/7. The frame as developed an issue where it distorts and damages the digital photo. The damage it to the actual file and not just the way it displays. The damaged files show a broken image where around one half of the photograph is discolored or offset from the rest of the picture. This problem has happened to several different pictures on the SD card. I've tried replacing the card but the issue continues to occur. Fortunately I only copied my digital photographs to the card and not the original files. Given the new issues with the frame as well as the previous problems I would not recommend this frame.
7 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on August 10, 2017
I was not expecting much as the reviews seemed so/so and for the price, well... As it turns out, there is practically no setup needed. Just copy your pictures to an SD card (max I think is 32G?) and it automagically starts with rotating through all your pix. Keep in mind that I put some 100 pix on a 16G card and I dont think I used a single gigabyte. Anyhow, my only real complaint has nothing to do with the frame, I think its me. Many of my pix are sideways. I thought I had changed all of that before copying but they play sideways. Most are not, so whatever, but it seems I will be playing with it a bit more. For the money, it is hard to lose. I wouldn't worry about the resolution. From the other side of a room that is about 10' away, I can see clearly whats on it. I would think if you get a 12" or larger screen, you may need better res as its amplified at that size, but this works out just fine. I will be buying more.
5 people found this helpful
on July 12, 2015
Complete crap! Purchased May 25th, stopped working July 10th. Just get a white screen, all attempts to reset unsuccessful. Seller will not accept return/exchange. DO NOT BUY THIS ITEM!

Update: Also DANGEROUS!!! Came to my office this morning and I feel fortunate that the building wasn't on fire. The device shorted out the thumb drive, causing it to melt.

You are warned!!
review imagereview image
17 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 28, 2016
This is a good digital frame for the price which is hard to beat. Of course with a low price there are always downsides. Out of two frames, one arrived with the screen cracked and since there was no damage to the box I assume it was packed that way. Apparently Aluratek has no quality control. I was able to get a full refund. The display quality isn't great and it's super weird that pictures over a certain resolution won't display at all. It took me two days of messing with it and googling to figure that out. Thankfully there are bulk photo resizers online. I definitely would recommend using a sd card over a usb because the usb would stick out the side. I also don't like that there's only set timings to display photos for. It would be nice to be able to manually choose how many seconds to see each picture for.
2 people found this helpful
on February 21, 2017
I had to return this because it would not load pictures, plain and simple. Online documentation is a joke. Tech support was not much help, either.
6 people found this helpful
on April 30, 2017
My parents don't have internet access & so when I was looking for a small digital frame to replace Mom's really old one that had stopped working, (but she seemed to enjoy,) I didn't need wifi accessibility or Facebook feeds. I thought I had found it at a reasonable price until this came in a torn box (not from shipping,) missing the screen protector the instructions told me to remove, powercord wrapped haphazardly, and with someone's fingerprints all over the device & glossy instructions. It seems to work after loading additional pics onto our SD card, but I do not like purchasing a NEW item intending to give as a gift only to receive in a different condition. Marketplace vendors should verify condition carefully when goods are returned & not sell as new when they very obviously are not.
2 people found this helpful
on July 18, 2017
Purchased 2 frames for Mother's Day gifts. I was extremely disappointed right off the bat, none of my picture files were supported. I changed them from PDF to JPEG and back-and forth. Then I tried using a memory card instead of a flash drive, then the files were finally recognized. Got the photos set up for my grandmas, when two weeks later I find out that neither of them were able to power the frame. I flew to my country and was able to take a look at the frames, trying to figure out why no one had set them up for my grandmas.Well what I found was that like an old/weak charger.... the frames only turn on if the cord is in just the right angle. A poor quality product, wish I could of retuned it but unfortunately my grandmas live outside the country. Had they lived here, I would of sent the frames back.
One person found this helpful
on May 15, 2017
I got this as a gift for mothers day. It is cool and works. It does not auto rotate my pictures. I am not techy enough to figure out how to fit it. My USB is sticking out and you can see it. The cord it comes with is pretty short. I had to get an extension cord so it can sit on my desk at work. It has been a month now and I am liking it less and less. The original USB stop working. It works on my laptop but not the frame. So I had to get a new one. The auto rote is killing me. I have to edit all my photos and cropped them to get them to face the right direction. They are fine on the USB when I look at them on my computer.
One person found this helpful