Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Aluratek ADPF08SF 8-Inch Digital Photo Frame -800x600 Hi Resolution
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

on December 28, 2010
I did tons of research before purchasing as I bought a total of 8 frames as Christmas presents. 3 of these and 4 of a larger one.

First the Pros...the quality is unsurpassed for the price! 800x600 is incredibly clear and the frame is sleek and slimline. It is also pretty simple to use, it can zoom, rotate and crop, even though I did have to reference the directions for how to save the changes to the pictures. I was very happy with these.

Now the cons...it supposedly has internal memory but I didn't find an easy way to utilize it (from what I saw you have to transfer the pics manually, one at a time into the internal memory from your external memory source! why bother?) I did order 2gb sd cards to use with them since they are pretty cheap and hold a lot of photos but unfortunately I didn't realize that the sd card would need a writer to put the pictures on it (so I ended up running to Walmart for an $8 reader/writer) I think the easiest way to use this frame is to plug in a flash drive, your computer won't need anything special to put pics on it, just try to find the smallest one possible as it will stick out the side if its too big!

In the end the quality over triumps all the little issues I've had and everyone was so happy to get them at Christmas, of course it helps when you do a little leg work and gather pics from friends and family to preload. I got sereval tears this year, its going to be hard to out do these next year!
77 comments| 242 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2011
I ordered this product (Aluratek model# ADPF08SF) because of the other good reviews that I saw for it. I really liked the advertised features, especially the "auto slideshow" feature. I intended to give it as a present to some friends who are not very tech saavy, so this was an attractive feature.

When I got the frame delivered I discovered that it DOES NOT have the "auto slideshow" feature. When you turn it on, it goes straight to the main menu and you have to go through several manual steps before you can get the slideshow to start. It does have the "auto-on" and "auto-off" features so that you can program the frame to turn on and off at certain times.....but I don't know what good that does since it just turns on and goes to the main menu. You still have to perform the manual steps to see your pictures. And there is no internal memory, so all settings like the time, date and auto-on/off are LOST each time you unplug it.

I contacted the manufacturer for technical support on the "auto-slideshow" feature (thinking it was just a setting I couldn't find) and I was told directly from them that this model does NOT have it. It is the next model up, model# ADPF108SF, that has that feature (along with the built-in memory).

This is a good frame and the picture quality was very good. But I have to give it such a low rating because this is NOT the product that is advertised on this page and you will be very dissapointed if you are counting on those features.
55 comments| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 17, 2011
I was enticed into buying this because of the low price. I am currently using this, but it is a frustrating product, and had the following flaws, which I consider to be major:

1. It cannot randomize your photos. Every time you turn it on, it starts back at the beginning. This isn't really a good option if you have a lot of photos on your SD card.

2. It can turn on/off at a scheduled time, but cannot be configured to automatically start showing photos! What is the point of having it automatically turn on to a background screen?

3. It cannot keep the time if it is unplugged. This means that your scheduling is all for nothing, because it will inevitably need to be moved to another outlet or the power will flicker, and it will lose track of everything.

The picture quality of the unit is fine. I am not sure about the viewing angle, but it is at my desk, so I always look at it from the same angle. The lack of a random feature is the kicker, I would not buy this again.
22 comments| 168 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2011
Hi
i was confused to go for it or not. But ordered finally.
I received it and its really is a good deal

Photo quality is really crisp and clear.
the Adapter is of 100-240 So for those who want to gift it outside US , this is going to work .
I tried it one full day and neither the adapter nor the frame getting very warm.

the only draw back which others might ignore is
When it stats up it lands in a page asking what you want to do? go to setup or show calendar or show photos.

Well i will be happy if it directly shows the calendar or the photos (if memory is attached) rather asking it .
When there is a power failure it stucks in the main page
on January 13, 2011
This is a very basic digital photo frame that has a beautiful picture quality. I was amazed how crisp and clear my photo's looked as I had another frame that did not look so good playing the same pictures. Once you power the frame on and insert your SD card the slideshow will start automatically. I like how easy to use it is as I am giving to my mother in law who is not very tech savy. I believe for the money you are getting a great value in your purchase. Highly recommend.
on September 18, 2011
Easy to use and great photo quality! Great product for the money. I do wish there was a way to turn on and off other than unplugging. But you really can't beat the frame for the overall cost. It is a nice size display and holds plenty of photos. Bought it for a Christmas gift and I will be ordering another one for myself!
on September 22, 2011
I bought this frame to put on my desk. I didn't want to spend a lot of money in case it got legs and walked away. The screen is large and clear and is perfect for what I wanted. It was extrememly easy to use. You can set the frame to automatically turn on and off on M-F (or 7 days a week)which is great for the office. This frame does not have a setting to play your photo's in a random order, but this does not bother me at all. I have enough pictures on the SD card so I don't feel like it plays the same pictures all the time. I thought the random would be important, but in the end it wasn't a big deal. Again, great frame for the price.
on October 12, 2014
It was cheap, so I didn't expect much. It is on Random but doesn't randomize the photos, and everytime we turn it back on, it starts at the same place, no new order or sorting. If the picture is not already saved as rotated the screen will not automatically rotate the picture. That is pretty lame. But again. It was cheap. I will be looking forward to buying a new one in the future.
on April 11, 2011
I was looking for a replacement for an old digital frame. This is larger, pics are sharper & it has a timer function that shuts it off every afternoon, reminding me to go home!

I don't use any other functions so can't add anything there, does everything I need & does it well.
on May 13, 2011
The visual quality is pretty good. I found the instruction manual skimpy and poorly written. I managed to figure out the controls but mostly intuitively. I tried to go to Aluratek's web site to get more information and could not find this particular model. They have apparently discontinued it and replaced with a newer model. The newer model comes with a remote control and USB cable which this one didnt'. So, get the newer model; it's was only $10 more.