Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
2 Year Electronics Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- No deductibles or added costs. Parts, labor and shipping included.
- Power surge covered from day one. Other breakdowns covered after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
- Includes 24/7 tech support - setup, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- File a claim online or by phone 24/7. If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price with an Amazon e-gift card.
- Plans are only valid for new or certified refurbished products purchased in the last 30 days with no pre-existing damage. Protection plan documents will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase.
AmScope 40X-1000X LED Student Microscope + 5MP USB Camera (M150C-E5)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Widefield optics offers five magnifications, 40X, 100X, 250X, 400X and 1000X
- Sturdy all-metal framework; Co-axial coarse & fine focusing; single lens condenser with disc diaphragm
- LED illumination by wall-power and/or batteries
- 5MP USB 2. 0 digital camera for photos and videos on Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 and Mac OSX (with 3rd-party software support)
- User-friendly software (Windows only) offers processing and advanced features including Stitching, EDF, Video Recording and Measurement functions
Specifications for this item
|Included Components||Microscope and Camera|
|Item Weight||3.25 pounds|
|Number of Items||2|
|Special Features||monocular , fixed-optics|
|Specification Met||certified frustration-free|
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
This microscope with a digital camera is designed for students to learn science, offering five magnification settings, 40X, 100X, 250X, 400X and 1000X. It comes with a 5MP USB2. 0 digital camera, full optical glass elements, all metal framework, 360 degree rotatable monocular head, coarse fine focus, and the LED illumination system that uses either wall-power (adapter included) or three AA batteries (or re-chargeable batteries). The digital camera captures still images and video, and allows you to view a live stream on your PC. The included software for Windows offers image-development and measurement tools, as well as advanced compositing features such as image-stitching and extended-depth-of-focus. Independent preview and capture resolutions allow you to view high-speed video while capturing high-definition images. On Mac computers, the camera can be used as a driverless imaging device, compatible with various applications, such as ProScope and Photo Booth. . This microscope is ideal for home school uses or for students from elementary to high school. It is also an excellent instrument for hobbyists. It is brand new in original box. Its Retail Value is $500.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
To calibrate the digital scope measurement, you do need to purchase a calibration slide (TS-M1 micrometer) which was not included in the packaging. I'll make due with a clear ruler, but that obviously will not suffice for the more advanced user! I just want my students to get a sense of magnification and relative size of objects.
As a side note, AmScope says the shipping weight was 8 pounds, this is shipped via UPS with a shipping weight (they said) of 5 pounds. Shipping to Alaska shouldn't be that expensive and I certainly wish shipping options include USPS. $68 for shipping this microscope is pretty ridiculous, but I suppose that's the cost of living up here.
For the price the 5 MP camera is fantastic and takes great pictures. I agree with another reviewer that when in live mode at the 5 MP the view is a bit choppy so moving specimens under the best resolution doesn't work well but It far exceeds the quality of any microscope that I used in this price range! I like the battery mode that makes them mobile but you need an allen key to open the battery case.
The only two small draw backs are the cord and the eyepiece. The cords are very thin and I worry about them long term being able to hold up to the wear and tear of 8th graders. The eyepiece is removable which is great but it would be nice to have a locking screw to hold it or the camera in place (kids like to play and touch everything).
Never the less they are great beginner microscopes so you can't compare them to a microscope that is 4-5 times the cost and and the price is about 1/2 of what they were a few years ago!
--Mice Ons Sun, Joshua, Tripping, [Mouser), Garland, Apoc, her Switchness, T., Kaiser Sose (You should have fed me more so my clones can stand when I do in the same room.), Longfingers, Perfect, ONOTU, antisystem1789, aka. George Washington, Buck, Josephine, Alice, The White Witch, Kidnapped (as in Professional Scientist), Daisy, & Starchild 143:)
Thank you all at Amscope... I am going to be buying one of your binocular scopes as soon as I can!!