Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "AmScope B100B-MS Compound Binocular Microscope, 40..." and save 51% off the $390.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
See the Top Rated Microscopes in our Microscope Reviews.
AmScope B100B-MS Compound Binocular Microscope, 40X-2000X Magnification, Brightfield, Tungsten Illumination, Abbe Condenser, Mechanical Stage
|Price:||$199.98 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Eight widefield magnification settings 40X-2000X
- 45 degree inclined 360 swiveling binocular sliding head
- Spiral-control Abbe condenser with iris diaphragm
- Separate coarse & fine focusing with tension control
- Sturdy metal framework and tungsten illumination
- Eight wide field magnification settings 40X-2000X
- 45 degree inclined 360 swiveling binocular sliding head
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
AmScope B100B-MS 40X-2000X Biological Binocular Compound Microscope with Mechanical Stage
AmScope B100B-MS binocular compound microscope offers eight magnification settings: 40X, 80X, 100X, 200X, 400X, 800X,1000X & 2000X. It comes with a binocular sliding head, two pairs of widefield eyepieces, four Archromatic objectives, coarse & fine focusing, mechanical stage, and electrical illumination system. It is an ideal instrument for clinical examination, teaching demonstration, and biological, bacteriological & pharmaceutical researches. It is brand new in factory box.
ISO 9001 QC Standards
AmScope B100B-MS microscope is manufactured under ISO 9001 Quality Control Standards. It was made by the same technicians and on the same production line as optical instruments for Leica, Zeiss, Nikon and Olympus.
What's in the Box?
Binocular Microscope Sliding Head, Microscope Body Frame w/ Stage, Base and Illumination System, DIN Standard Objectives, 4X, 10X, 40X and 100X, Widefield 10X Eyepieces, Widefield 20X Eyepieces (pair), Mechanical Stage (pair), Wrench for Focusing Tension Adjustment, Color Filters, Dust Cover, Spare Bulb, Sample Immersion Oil, Customer Information Sheet (manual download link included)
Microscopes are instruments used to enhance the resolution of an object or image. Types include compound, stereo, or digital. Compound microscopes use a compound optical system with an objective lens and an eyepiece. Stereo microscopes show object depth in a three-dimensional image. Digital microscopes are used to display an image on a monitor, rather than looking through a lens. Microscopes can have monocular (one), binocular (two), or trinocular (three) eyepieces, with varying magnification abilities. Magnification ability refers to the size of an image. Resolution, also known as resolvant power, refers to the clarity of the image. The interaction between field of view (FOV), numerical aperture (NA), and working distance (WD) determines resolution. Microscopes can control magnification through a fixed focus, or through a range of adjustments. They can also utilize LED, fluorescent, and mirror light sources to help control viewing capabilities. Microscopes are widely used in education, lab research, biology, metallurgy, engineering, chemistry, manufacturing, and in the medical, forensic science, and veterinary industries. AmScope has been manufacturing microscopy equipment since 1996, headquartering in Irvine, CA.
Features & Specifications
- 45 Degree Inclined 360 Degree Swiveling Sliding Binocular Head
- Mechanical Stage with Stain Resistant Finish for Easy Slide Gliding Control
- Separate Coarse & Fine Focusing
- Fully Coated Optical System with High Resolution
- Crystal Clear Sharp Images
- High Quality Professional Grade Microscope
- Great for Clinics, Vets, Doctors, Students
- Four Levels of Magnification: 40X, 80X, 100X, 200X, 400X, 800X,1000X & 2000X
- Upward Stage Stopper to Protect Slides and Objectives
- Abbe Condenser with Iris Diaphragm & Filters
- Built-In Illumination System
- Focusing Control Knobs on Both Sides
- Full Optical Glass Elements
- All Metal Mechanical Components
- Precise Ground Glass Lens
- Adjustable Interpupillary Distance
- Adjustable Diopter on Oculars
- Solid Metal Frame Construction with Stain Resistant Enamel Finish
- Nosepiece: quadruple
- Head: 45 degree inclined sliding binocular
- Interpupillary Distance: 2-3/16 inch - 3-0 inch (55 - 75mm)
- Wide-field Eyepiece: WF10X/18 and WF20X
- Achromatic Objectives: 4X, 10X, 40X (spring) and 100X (spring,oil).
- Stage Dimensions: 4-5/16 inch x 4-3/4 inch (110x120mm)
- Abbe Condenser: NA=1.25 with iris diaphragm & filter
- Illumination: tungsten lamp, 110V/20W
- Accessories: dust cover, green & blue filters, and a bottle of immersion oil
- Manufactured under ISO 9001 Quality Control Standard
- Excellent (5) year factory warranty
Infinity Plan Achromatic
Two-layer Mechanical Stage
Top customer reviews
The price can't be beat (especially with free shipping)- I HIGHLY recommend this scope and can't imagine a kid not mesmerized examining his own blood,cheek cells, dust mites, algae, pond creatures, pollen, bees' legs, flies' wings etc, etc
I did not find it difficult to assemble, but I have some experience there. It seemed pretty intuitive to me. It came in about 4 parts that were preassembled (body, stage, eye piece unit, slide holder). The light is very bright/effective, even at 100x and it comes with one replacement bulb. There is a lever to control the light passing up through the lenses. Not sure why one would want to use the color filters...these remain in the styrofoam packaging. All four objectives are excellent and you can use either the 10x or 20x eyepieces, which are also clear.
I got tired of waiting for the university sales where they sell their old microscopes. Getting a new 'scope is even better!
You will need microscope slides and cover slips, but those are also easy to find on Amazon. It comes with immersion oil for the 100x objective. It does not come with lens paper or cleaning solution to remove the oil off the lens or for general maintenance of the lenses.
This microscope is well made and of metal construction. I have wanted a microscope for many years but the models I found in local hobby shops were either way too expensive or cheaply constructed of plastic. Thanks to Amazon, I was able to find and select this quality product. Upon receipt, I performed the simple assembly within 10 minutes and was viewing paramecium, amoeba, planaria and other creatures in a drop of water from my backyard pond in no time at all. After about a month of ownership, I purchased a Celestron digital USB imager for less than 50 bucks and I can now view and photograph excellent images as well as create videos of anything seen through this microscope using my PC. The microscope comes with both 10X and 20X eyepieces as well as color filters (which I would love to know how to use if anyone can advise me how to mount them) and a fantastic X / Y micrometer type clamping device which allows one to find an object, note its coordinates, move on and return to it easily rather than moving a slide with your fingers and possibly creating a mess. If you are looking for a well made hobby grade microscope for a very reasonable price, this is it. Do not be put off by the fact that this is not a well known name brand.