Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $7.50 shipping
+ Free Shipping
AmScope M500A-MS Monocular Compound Microscope, WF10x and WF16x Eyepieces, 40x-1600x Magnification, Anti-Mold Optics, Tungsten Illumination, Brightfield, Abbe Condenser, Coarse and Fine Focus, Plain Stage with Mechanical Specimen Holder, 110V
|Price:||$149.98 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Compound microscope provides high magnification for biological use and educational applications
- Monocular viewing head with interchangeable 10x widefield and 16x widefield eyepieces, fixed 45-degree vertical inclination to reduce eye and neck strain, 360-degree rotation capability to enable sharing, and anti-mold head to preserves optics in high-humidity area
- Forward-facing nosepiece with precision-ground 4x, 10x, 40xS, and 100xS (oil) DIN achromatic glass objectives provide color correction of magnified images
- Brightfield imaging with rheostat-controlled tungsten (incandescent) illumination and spiral-control 1.25 NA Abbe condenser with iris diaphragm and color filter
- Plain stage with clips to secure specimen and mechanical specimen holder to provide precise movement and record measurements; coaxial coarse and fine focus on rack-and-pinion mechanism to provide precise focus; and tension control to prevent stage drift
Customers Also Shopped For
The AmScope M500A-MS monocular compound microscope has interchangeable 10x widefield and 16x widefield eyepieces, a forward-facing nosepiece with four DIN achromatic objectives, tungsten illumination, coaxial separate coarse and fine focus, a 1.25 NA Abbe condenser, and a plain stage with a mechanical specimen holder. The monocular viewing head has a fixed 45-degree vertical inclination to reduce eye and neck strain, and 360-degree rotation capability to enable sharing. An anti-mold head preserves optics in high-humidity areas. The forward-facing revolving nosepiece has 4x, 10x, 40xS, and 100xS (oil) DIN achromatic objectives that provide color correction of magnified images. The 40xS and 100x S objectives are spring loaded to prevent damage to the slide or objective when focusing. The 100xS oil-immersion objective uses oil between the specimen and the objective lens to provide increased resolution over a standard objective. The fully-coated optical system provides sharp, high-resolution images. A compound microscope is used for inspection and dissection of specimens when two-dimensional images are desired.
The microscope has lower (diascopic) Brightfield illumination that transmits light up through the specimen for enhanced visibility of translucent and transparent objects. Brightfield (BF) illumination allows the specimen to absorb light, resulting in a dark image on a light background. Tungsten (incandescent) illumination provides bright light, and a rheostat controls the amount of light emanating from the lamp. The 1.25 NA Abbe condenser can be adjusted to control the distance of the light from the stage and has an iris diaphragm to optimize the amount of light illuminating the specimen. The condenser is controlled using a spiral mechanism. The plain stage has clips to secure the specimen in place, and is 4-3/8 x 4-3/4 inches (110 x 120mm) (W x D; where W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; D is depth, the horizontal distance from front to back). A mechanical specimen holder can be added to the plain stage to provide precise movement, perform measurements, and record coordinates. Separate coaxial coarse and fine focus eases focusing for left- and right-handed viewers, and a rack-and-pinion mechanism provides precise and secure focusing. Focus tension control prevents stage drift. All the mechanical parts of the microscope are constructed of metal to provide durability and resistance to wear. The metal frame has a stain-resistant enamel finish for durability and to ease cleaning.
|Eyepieces||WF10x, WF16x (23mm)|
|Lenses||10x, 20x, 40xS, 100xS (oil) DIN achromatic (20mm)|
|Stage||Plain stage with stage clips and mechanical specimen holder|
|Focus||Coaxial coarse and fine|
|Condenser||1.25 NA Abbe|
|Light source||Tungsten with rheostat, 20W|
|Illumination type||Brightfield (BF)|
Microscopes are instruments used to enhance the resolution of an object or image. Types include compound, stereo, or digital. Compound microscopes use a compound optical system with an objective lens and an eyepiece. Stereo microscopes show object depth in a three-dimensional image. Digital microscopes are used to display an image on a monitor, rather than looking through a lens. Microscopes can have monocular (one), binocular (two), or trinocular (three) eyepieces, with varying magnification abilities. Magnification ability refers to the size of an image. Resolution, also known as resolvant power, refers to the clarity of the image. The interaction between field of view (FOV), numerical aperture (NA), and working distance (WD) determines resolution. Microscopes can control magnification through a fixed focus, or through a range of adjustments. They can also utilize LED, fluorescent, and mirror light sources to help control viewing capabilities. Microscopes are widely used in education, lab research, biology, metallurgy, engineering, chemistry, manufacturing, and in the medical, forensic science, and veterinary industries.
United Scope manufactures microscopy equipment and accessories under the brand name AmScope. The company, founded in 1996, is headquartered in Irvine, CA.
What's in the Box?
- AmScope M500A-MS microscope with plain stage and mechanical specimen holder
- WF10x eyepiece, 23mm
- WF16x eyepiece, 23mm
- 4x DIN achromatic objective, 20mm
- 10x DIN achromatic objective, 20mm
- 40xS DIN achromatic objective, 20mm
- 100xS (oil) DIN achromatic objective, 20mm
- Mechanical specimen holder
- (2) Stage clips
- Color filter
- Immersion oil
- Dust cover
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Microscopes in our Microscope Reviews.