- Save 10% on AmScope 50 Preapred Slides Kit when purchased together with this microscope. Here's how (restrictions apply). Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 10% on AmScope 25 Preapred Slides Kit when purchased together with this microscope. Here's how (restrictions apply). Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 10% on the book "AmScope The World of the Microscope A Practical Introduction with Projects and Activities" when purchased together with this microscope. Here's how (restrictions apply). Here's how (restrictions apply)
4-Year Cameras & Camcorders Accidental Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- No deductibles or hidden fees
- Free ground shipping on all repairs
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
AmScope M158C-E Compound Monocular Microscope, WF10x and WF25x Eyepieces, 40x-1000x Magnification, Brightfield, LED Illumination, Plain Stage, 110V, Includes 0.3MP Camera and Software
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Digital compound microscope with integrated 0.3MP camera and USB 2.0 output for capturing or displaying images on a computer or projector, compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10
- Monocular viewing head with interchangeable 10x widefield and 25x widefield eyepieces, fixed 45-degree vertical inclination to reduce eye and neck strain, and 360-degree rotation capability to provide a more comprehensive view and enable sharing
- Forward-facing nosepiece with 4x, 10x, and 40x DIN achromatic full-glass objectives that provide high-resolution color-corrected images
- Cordless and rechargeable, Brightfield, LED illumination, and 0.65 NA single-lens condenser with disc diaphragm
- Plain stage with stage clips to secure slide and a stage stop to prevent damage to slides or objectives
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
- A Great Affordable High Power Microscope for Students of Sciences
- 45 Degree Inclined 360 Degree Swiveling Monocular Head with Locked-in Eyepiece
- Built-In Contemporary LED Illumination System Using either an Outlet or Batteries
- Plain Stage with Clips and Stain Resistant Finish
- Fully Coated Optical System
- High Resolution Offering Sharp Images
- Five Levels of Magnification: 40X, 100X, 250X, 400X and 1000X
- Single Lens Condenser and Six-Hole Disc Diaphragm
- Focusing Control Knobs on Both Sides
- Full Optical Glass Elements
- Precise Ground Glass Lens
- All Metal Mechanical Components
- Solid Metal Frame with Stain Resistant Enamel Finish
- Manufactured under ISO 9001 Quality Control Standard
- Head: 45 degree inclined monocular
- Eyepieces: WF10X and WF25X
- Objectives: 4X, 10X, 40X
- Condenser: single lens with 6-hole disc diaphragm
- Stage Dimensions: 3-1/2" x 3-1/2"
- Illumination: LED
- Power Supply: 110V/60Hz (adapter included) or 3 AA batteries (not included)
- Sensor: Aptina
- Sensor Type: CMOS
- Sensor Size: 4.6x3.7mm
- Pixel Size: 3.6
- Resolution: 1.3MP
- Frame Rate: 7.5@1280x1024,12.5@1024x768,12.5@800x600
- Compatibility: Windows (32/64 bit) XP/Vista/7/8/10, Mac OSX (Mac software not provided
- OS Requirements: Windows (32/64 bit) XP/Vista/7/8/10
- Hardware Requirements: Intel Core2 2.8GHz or comparable processor, 2GB RAM, USB2.0 port
Compare with similar items
AmScope M150C-I 40X-1000X All-Metal Optical Glass Lenses Cordless LED Student Biological Compound Microscope
AmScope M150C-E-A 40X-1000X LED Cordless All-Metal Framework Full-Glass Optical Lens Student Compound Microscope with Coarse & Fine Focusing + Digital Camera USB Imager
AmScope AWARDED 2016 BEST STUDENT MICROSCOPE 40X-1000X Dual Light Optical Glass Lens All-Metal Framework Student Microscope + Microscope Prepared and Blank Slides
AmScope 40X-1000X LED Student Microscope + 5MP USB Camera
AmScope Optical Glass Lens All-Metal LED Compound Microscope, 6 Settings 40x-1000x, Portable AC or Battery Power
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Features||monocular, fixed-optics, all-glass-optical, usb||—||—||—||monocular, fixed-optics||monocular, fixed-optics, all-glass-optical|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. After unpacking the box and connecting the power line, you may feel the light is not ON, even when you kept the switch in ON position. That is because you may need to set the power of the light in right intensity by moving the dial placed below the illuminating lens on your right side (almost near the bottom).
2. Next you also need to change the Objectives (one of the three lens - 4X, 10X and 40X) and focus the Eyepiece correctly to see any objects placed on the stage.
3. Associated Instruction may almost say nothing. Here are the things you need to get things going. For manual, going to AmScope's website directly is of no value, as you don't know the model number yet. Most likely your model (if you buy it from Amazon) is M150; but the supplied instruction manual will say it as XSP-116F (god knows why). Go to [...]
and download 150-Series-Complete-Manual.zip, for the real manual. Again this may be a little help.
4. Most likely your M150 will have two Eyepices - one WF10X that's attached with the main microscope. With that maximum you can get is 400X (10X with 40X). But you bought 40x-1000X microscope, right? You can get 1000X only if you change Eyepiece to WF25X (supplied). Changing Eyepiece is a bit tricky. You need to use supplied screwdriver - find the small screw below the Eyepiece's handle and replace the eyepiece. Or watch in the video in [...].
5. I haven't yet installed the software or change the additional Eyepiece (USB Imager) that is used to connect to computer's USB port, yet. I think that must be easy one.
6. To change the battery, you need to unscrew the cover at the bottom of the microscope. You would need the supplied ranger for that. I still don't know whether battery power will be drawn even if it is running on direct AC power.
Another thing: don't just buy the microscope; buy slides and cover glasses separately; they don't give you any sample glasses with this order. Also before you buy this, you may like to visit AmScope's website to see other alternate choices. Some may be cheaper than Amazon.com, too.
Hope you enjoy the show hereafter.
The metal frame is solid. The focus mechanisms are precise. The LED light is bright. The software loaded without any problems.
However, I have a few nits to pick.
The microscope comes with three eyepieces. I think they are 2x, 10x and the digital imager.
In order to reach the higher magnifications (up to 1000x)or view images on a computer, you have to replace the 2x eyepiece, which is held in place with an Allen-type set screw.
An Allen wrench comes with the microscope, but the screw was tight and hard to remove. I just left the screw out to change the eyepieces more easily.
The digital imager and software do OK. The resolution is not great, but image capture is faily easy.
If we could have afforded it, it would have been nice to have the model with a mechanical stage. The stage is the flat platform that holds the slides. A mechanical stage allows you to make slight adjustments to the position of the slide, which is hard to do when you're just using your fingers.
All in all, we're very happy. We got our money's worth and more.
That being said, I highly recommend this scope for a Student, Teacher, and for home use if it suits the buyer's budget. I originally ordered one for my granddaughters, and while I was checking out the instrument, I was so impressed that I ordered another one for myself. It will replace the "van Leeuwenhoek special" :-) Tasco brand microscope I had since Junior High school.
Technically the lenses are reasonably achromatic and have a good field of view with very little field edge distortion. I have not made any specific measurements of field of view. The software and Digital Camera USB Imager are both good with Windows Vista.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers also shopped for
See the Top Rated Microscopes in our Microscope Reviews.