Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 1,039 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,134 reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 10, 2013
This is a good collection of slides and made an excellent gift to a young family member who is starting out with biology studies. The specimens are very well prepared and clear and the glass slides themselves have smooth edges so there is no danger of a sharp corner on a finger (I have my own battle scars from cheap slides).

Just one negative: most of the slides needed a wipe-down right out of the box - apparently they were badly finger-smudged during preparation and not cleaned before packaging.

Overall, it's a good set of surprising quality.

At the date of this review the description doesn't list the specimens, here they are: pine leaf,coprimus mushroom set, sunflower stem, broad bean root, onion skin, tilia stem, pumpkin stem, lillium ovary, lillium anther, zea stem, aqustio nymphaea stem, hydrilla leaf, pine stem, dog esophagus, human blood, dog skeletal muscle, pig motor nerve, rabbit spinal cord, rabbit testis, dog cardiac muscle, connective tissue, honeybee mouth parts, honeybee leg, hydra, dog stomach section. Most of these are in cross section.
33 comments| 467 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 5, 2015
LOVE this slide set. Very well put together, my children(3, 5, 7, 9) have had no problems finding the object under a microscope.
The set comes in a very nice wood box, with a label sheet, which you really only need if you want to keep them in that order in the box. Each individual slide is labeled with the object to be observed.

Great price for a starting set. As a homeschooling family, we have used this set quite frequently already.
review image review image
on September 13, 2013
I am a college professor and have used slides similar to these many times in anatomy and physiology lab. I got these for my son's 4th grade classroom and am pleased. The quality is just as good as the ones the university purchases. The slide box is wooden and the slides fit inside perfectly. None were broken during shipment. The quality of microscope used will make a big difference in what one can observe from the slides. One with a100x objective and immersion oil is preferred but a 40x objective will also work, just with a less magnified and detailed image.
11 comment| 198 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2016
I do not know much about science or how good or bad these slides are, but I can tell you they are an excellent way to give as a complimentary gift with a microscope. My 8 year old was asking for a microscope for Christmas and I needed a kit to go with this one and based on the good reviews I bought this one. I love it comes in a case and I think the kit helped to learn what to expect when she is looking into a slide.

The truth is that after a month looking at the slides, she no longer looks at them or touches them at all she lost interest and that is normal because she wants to see new stuff she has not seen. She now uses some clean slides that came with the microscope to put new things like hair strings, strawberry's, cilantro and anything new see can find. This kit is perfect as I said so they can learn what to expect when making their own slides, but don't expect them to be hooked on them forever.
on November 11, 2016
This box of slides is ideal for the aspiring biologist as well as any science hobbiest. Packed in a sturdy wooden box with a label of all slides included, they remain safe and organized. The mounting and cover slips of all my specimens were well prepared. The collection contains a nice cross section of both plant and animal tissue. Cell structure and optimal staining techniques clearly enhance the study potential of this slide series.
on December 25, 2016
CHRISTMAS DAY and my son was so excited to have slides that had things on them ready to look at immediately for his new microscope, only to be devastated when he opened the box (very carefully) to have glass fall out onto his lap. Yes. Every single slide was broken and even the wooden slots to keep the slides separate were broken. The outside of the box is completely fine so it makes us think that there was a problem with the initial packing process. We had ordered blank slides from a different vendor and they vacuum sealed their product and they arrived intact. Very sad little boy. ZERO STARS!
on November 20, 2016
Wonderful set for school or home. Great for anatomy, tissue study and histology. I purchased it for my daughter at home, but am borrowing it for teaching my middle school science class a lot more and will be buying more soon.
on March 3, 2017
Bought this set to go with a microscope for my 8 year old as a Christmas gift. He loved it! The variety of slides is great and he always has a blast using them and then running to us to explain what he has just seen. Keeps him busy while learning new things! Any kid that is into science will love this set and it's great value as well.
on March 16, 2017
This is a nice starter set of slides. My fifth graders were amazed by all they could see, and that was even with a cheaper microscope. Think of what these would look like with a better microscope?!? Perfect set, we'll priced, and we'll packaged. The best wooden box fits these slides to a T, so nothing shifts around when moving.
on April 23, 2017
Absolutely perfect, definitely gives my 8 year old daughter a glimpse into what makes up the world that surrounds her. Slides are nicely done and there's a little of everything. Magnifies well and shows up well. I highly recommend