Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "AmScope T490B Compound Trinocular Microscope, 40X-..." and save 58% off the $579.96 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
See the Top Rated Microscopes in our Microscope Reviews.
AmScope T490B Compound Trinocular Microscope, 40X-2000X Magnification, Halogen Light, Abbe Condenser, 2-Layer Mechanical Stage, High-Resolution Optics, Awarded No. 6 Among The Top 10 Microscopes 2016
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 40X-1600X eight widefield magnification settings
- Simul-focal trinocular head boasting unique features
- 23mm photo port for adding photo/video capability
- C-mount adapter included
- 3D two-layer mechanical stage with low position control
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
AmScope T490B 40X-2000X Professional Trinocular Lab Education Biological Compound Microscope with 3D Two-Layer Mechanical Stage
AmScopeT490B features a unique simul-focal optical system with an adjustable trinocular port to enable well-focused clear images on your computer or video screen while simultaneously obtaining sharp, focused images through the eyepieces. In addition, the T490B's industry standard 23mm photo port can be converted into a C-Mount port by attaching the included C-mount adapter, allowing you to attach most microscope digital cameras and video systems on the market. The T490B includes a 30-degree inclined 360-degree swiveling trinocular Siedentopf head, a 3-D mechanical stage, and an intensity-variable halogen illumination system. This versatile microscope is also capable of being upgraded with various accessories and attachments listed in the optional section for additional functions. It is a perfect laboratory instrument for clinics, Vets, Doctors, and professional students. It arrives brand new in a factory sealed box.
Simul-focal Optical System
Most trinocular microscopes allow you to view either through the trinocular port or the eyepieces only, forcing you to switch between the two. Since these trinocular ports are not simul-focal with the rest of the microscope optical system, you have to re-focus the microscope after each switch. The T490B, however, erases this step by providing simul-focal viewing. Especially handy for teaching demonstrations, clinical examinations and laboratory applications, the simul-focal feature allows your students or colleagues to view clear images simultaneously while you work through the eyepieces.
What's In The Box?
Trinocular Simul-focal Microscope, Siedentopf Head, 23mm Adjustable, Trinocular Photo Port with C-Mount Adapter, Microscope Body with Frame, Base and Halogen Illumination System, DIN Objectives, 4X, 10X, 40X and 100X, Widefield 10X Eyepieces (Pair), Widefield 20X Eyepieces (Pair), Color Filters, 6V/20W Spare Halogen Bulb, Spare Fuse, Power Cord, Dust Cover, Immersion Oil, Customer Information Sheet (download link included).
Microscopes are instruments used to enhance the resolution of an object or image. Types include compound, stereo, or digital. Compound microscopes use a compound optical system with an objective lens and an eyepiece. Stereo microscopes show object depth in a three-dimensional image. Digital microscopes are used to display an image on a monitor, rather than looking through a lens. Microscopes can have monocular (one), binocular (two), or trinocular (three) eyepieces, with varying magnification abilities. Magnification ability refers to the size of an image. Resolution, also known as resolvant power, refers to the clarity of the image. The interaction between field of view (FOV), numerical aperture (NA), and working distance (WD) determines resolution. Microscopes can control magnification through a fixed focus, or through a range of adjustments. They can also utilize LED, fluorescent, and mirror light sources to help control viewing capabilities. Microscopes are widely used in education, lab research, biology, metallurgy, engineering, chemistry, manufacturing, and in the medical, forensic science, and veterinary industries. AmScope has been manufacturing microscopy equipment and accessories since 1996, headquartering in Irvine, CA.
Features & Specifications
- Simul-focal optical system allows simultaneous viewing through the photo port and eyepieces
- Adjustable simul-focal trinocular port
- Industry standard 23mm photo port and c-mount port
- 30-degree inclined, 360-degree swiveling trinocular Siedentopf head
- Photo/video capability with adjustable 23mm photo mount for simul-focal image system
- Large 3D double layer mechanical stage with stain resistant finish
- Low-position coaxial stage movement control knobs
- Coaxial coarse & fine focusing with ca knob tension control
- Fully coated optical system with high resolution
- Eight magnification settings: 40x-80x-100x-200x-400x-800x-1000x-2000x
- Upward stage stopper to protect slides and objectives
- Abbe condenser with iris diaphragm & filters
- Rack and pinion adjustment for condenser
- Built-in halogen illumination system with variable intensity
- Dual focusing control knobs
- Full optical glass elements
- Precise ground glass lenses
- All metal mechanical components.
- Adjustable interpupillary distance
- Adjustable diopter on ocular
- Solid metal frame construction with stain resistant enamel finish
- CE and GS certified electrical system
- Nosepiece: quadruple
- Mechanical tube length: 6-5/16 inch (160mm)
- Head: 360-degree swiveling trinocular Siedentopf head inclined at 30-degree
- Eyepieces: wf10x and 20x
- Achromatic objectives: 4x, 10x, 40x (spring), 100x (spring, oil)
- Stage dimensions: 5-1/2 inch x 5-1/2 (140x140mm)
- Stage traveling range: 2-15/16 inch x 1-3/4 inch (75x45mm)
- Focusing range: 1-3/16 inch (30mm)
- Division of fine focusing: 0.0000787 inch (0.002mm)
- Abbe condenser: na=1.25 with rack and pinion focusing control
- Illumination: 6v/20w halogen bulb
- Power supply: 110v (220v version available), CE & GS certified
- Accessories: 6v/20w spare halogen bulb, bottle of immersion oil, blue, green & yellow filters
- Microscope dimensions: 12 inch x 9 inch x 16 inch
- Manufactured under ISO 9001 quality control standard
- Excellent five (5) year factory warranty
Infinity Plan Achromatic
Seller Warranty Description5 years warranty for parts and labor. Buyer covers round way shipping cost.
Top customer reviews
After reading the reviews for this microscope and seeing the relatively low cost I ordered one with admittedly some reservations.
Being a bit skeptical while awaiting the delivery I have to honestly say that I am simply astonished. The quality of the manufacturing is first rate. Every component fits precisely with no slop, the focusing and stage adjustments are smooth and positioned ergonomically and conveniently. The optical quality is far better than I expected of a scope in this price range.
This instrument easily matches, if not surpasses, the microscopes I've used at college, university and on the job.
Great product and I would recommend it to any serious researcher or technician.
I do have some negative feedback for the manufacturer. The manual was useless, it doesn't even show a picture of a trinocular microscope. There is no explanation of what the various parts are - you have to figure out what goes where either by looking at pictures online or by having worked with microscopes before. There are two sets of eyepieces and I had to try them to decide which ones I wanted to use. There is a bottle of oil with no indication of what it is for (based on the color I imagine it is for oiling the unit and not to be used as immersion oil).
I bought this for my 12 yr old daughter but I had no idea I'd be using it as much as she does.
this thing is as good or better than anything I had in college and beyond. it is heavy and very well made. the optics are good while not being delicate. they can take some abuse from beginner users (and forgetful older ones too)
it's pricey yes but sometimes you get what you pay for. the trinocular is nice but takes some fiddling even with the SLR mount. it works and it's better than using a cell phone or point and shoot on the ocular. I knew we wouldn't use it often but we have used it and for that "OH COOL" moment it's nice to be able to shoot a pic or a video.
I didn't but any other lower quality ones as this was a gift and wanted to get it right the first time. no regrets.
It was not difficult to assemble and it came with instructions and an owners manual...
The best of the scopes in this price range.