Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Amana WF401 Clean N Clear Refrigerator Water Filter, 1-Pack
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on August 2, 2011
The only rating this will get a one for is how fast it was delivered. Sorry I can't rate something that does not even fit my refrigerator when it is replaced with something I didn't order, but with a generic replacement to supposedly fit my refrigerator. The top was cut to make it fit into my refrigerator by the company that sent me the generic one instead of the clean n clear, I ordered, that was supposed to fit. I packaged it all up and sent it back. Thank you Amazon for sending the label and everything right wway so I could send it back to you. I will have to order from the company Amana that my refrigerator is from. Some things cannot be changed to fit, As for my refrigerator filter, well, I will get it from the Amana Company and ask if they have rplaced them with generic products also.
on November 6, 2013
We moved in to my father's rental property temporarilly between moves and he had an older fridge. I was able to pick this up online as the water (and filter was likely old) tasted badly despite being in a town with good water quality. We immediately noticed an improvement in the water quality (tap water through fridge) and exclusively used this for 2 months. We only drink water and milk (no pops, alcohol, etc.) so we used this a lot. No problems with packaging and install was a simple "twist lock". If you need a new filter and this one works for you...what are you waiting for?
on May 25, 2013
If you have got a fridge that needs these, you know you have to replace them from time to time whether you want to or not. The 3-pack is cheaper than buying two individuals locally, and I have not found a local source that sells them any way other than individually. The times I have checked, it was cheaper buying them here than even buying them directly from Amana. I have had my refrigerator 15 years, so I have had the opportunity over that time to try no-name type replacements and I have even tried not using any filter. There is a difference in the taste of the water, in my judgement these are better, giving us fresh tasting, clear water. A basic necessity, made better.
on November 4, 2010
The filters are exactly the same that Sears offers for our Kenmore Refrigerator and are less expensive. They work well and the order came quickly. We are very pleased with this order. Thank you Amazon!
on December 11, 2015
There is a great deal of concern that many filters are made in China and are "off brand". I share these concerns but it looks like there is no legitimate way to tell OEM vs knock offs. If Amazon continues to sell them that it is the most effective evaluation of quality. However I wish Amazon would step up and make some definitive unequivocal statement as to the legitimacy and quality of the filters sold here in order to assure us that we are buying quality goods.
We had an older version of this filter for our fridge. It was a little smaller.

One day, the fridge stopped dispensing water through the water dispenser and the ice tray.

We thought that the line had frozen and we were worried about water leaking everywhere...except, we couldn't find any leaks.

We thought the line might be jammed or something.

It turned out that the filter was just old.

We bought these filters, installed one, and everything worked like a charm. What a relief!

Water pressure is good with these, and we haven't had any problems since.
on October 14, 2012
I wanted to save money on my filters and thought about the generic brands out there. After reading several reviews from the folks who bought them and complained that the generics didn't screw in properly, I decided to purchase these "Amana" water filters. They fit perfectly and the cost was much cheaper than my local souces. You can buy in confidence and when the need arises I will buy again from this company.
on July 30, 2014
Great filters. I tried a knock-off filter and it worked for a few weeks and then the water tasted awful. This filter keeps the water tasting good for almost the entire six months it is rated for. The final month can be a bit dicey for flavor if you have been filtering a lot of water.
on September 14, 2014
Excellent delivery of authentic filters for our Amana side by side. So pleased that just by searching for our filter model number, that I found them on Amazon, and at such a great price for the multi-pack. Very pleased.
on October 20, 2011
I ordered the Amana WF401 Clean N Clear filter. I received a WaterSentinel filter instead. The filter claims to be a replacement for WF401, but it did not fit. I am returning it.
I am disappointed that I was sent an off-brand item.