Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 11-20 of 73 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 135 reviews
on April 4, 2012
Having seen one of my most favorite films dozens of times, Amarcord blu-ray is nothing but fabulous. I usually don't miss a thing but with the blu-ray version I realized I had missed lots of details. I even caught a subtle hint at the Mother's funeral which I had never seen before.. I cannot believe I missed it after all these years. I believe Fellini would be absolutely ecstatic. Anyone who likes Fellini will love Amarcord blu-ray,
it is worth every cent.
on December 16, 2012
If you claim to love movies but have never seen Amarcord, then your experience is shallow. This is a rich and beautiful film by any and every measurement. It is one of the greatest movies of all time.
on May 31, 2016
The subjects are relevant and funny to this millennial, showing how timeless Federico Fellini's works are. Would not recommend watching with a parent.
on July 30, 2013
Fellini's boyhood-memories masterpiece assumes a light and compassionate tone that makes you glad to be alive, brave enough to express yourself, and grateful for being human. We are strange and unique creatures - each of us. Federico leaves dreamscape film-making to enchant us with a dreams-can't-touch-this-stuff homage to living and connecting in the "real" world!
on August 24, 2015
Excellent reminisce about childhood and the Italian life, full of lyrical images and funny moments, as well as sad ones . A feast for the senses. Fellini's films are classics.
Thoroughly enjoyed the film .
on June 20, 2013
So here's the deal, we all know how great Fellini was! Now I've a degree in history of italian cinema and I come from the very same town Fellini was from!! This is a true masterpiece! Totally recommended to Foreign languages lovers (movie it's mostly in Romagnolo dialect, which is a total blast for me), italian enthusiast or simply great cinema lovers! Don't miss out!!
on October 31, 2015
Watched this several times when it first came out and treasure it now years later. It is a charming movie about the director's early life and has an incredible sound track by Nino Rota
on June 11, 2004
I can't believe how much I love this film. This is a film with splendid visuals: of course, there is the peacock in the snow, but how about the scene of Tio climbing the tree during his outing with the family, the motorcyclist racing through the walls of snow, or the fantasy marriage conducted by Mussolini. Fellini's imagination, and the visuals he produces to match these memories, makes this an unforgettable treat. He looks back fondly, perhaps too fondly, on the pre-World War II era in Italy. But we also see a memoir of a young man, coming of age during one highly eventful year of growing up.
on June 10, 2014
As with all Fellini movies, full of unique faces and characters. His stories are always so disjointed as to be dreamlike. Where he finds these people to act in his movies, I'll never know. I ration my watching to one a week, so I won't exhaust the supply of new Fellini movies too quickly.
on June 7, 2017
This is a film from a genius.