- File Size: 1224 KB
- Print Length: 341 pages
- Publication Date: July 15, 2009
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B002HRF7RU
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #642,878 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$15.00|
Save $12.01 (80%)
Amarillo Kindle Edition
|Length: 341 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
He settles down, rents an apartment, adopts two kittens and secures a law license. He becomes a regular at a local pool halls, makes some new friends, and falls in love with the owner, Angel. But some of Angel's other customers are desperate, broke, and in need of money - and they don't know how to get it. Eventually, the ringleader browbeats some of his fellow pool enthusiasts into ripping off a grocery store. In the aftermath, in an argument over money, one of them kills another.
Max is assigned to defend the man who murdered his cohort. The rest of the story involves some moving passages showing how the families of the surviving crooks coped. Max must create a reasonable defense for a nasty and unrepentant criminal, whom everyone knows is guilty. The story that unfolds is amazing - and unlike any other thriller that I've ever read. I recommend this book highly. - Mary Devlin, author of MURDER ON THE CANTERBURY PILGRIMAGE and THE LEGEND OF GOOD WOMEN
Bill, hope you're writing the next one! I'll be looking for it.
Are there really people who could pull off a notable robbery in a small city, turn around and blow large chunks of the loot the next day, and go undetected, even though they are shiftless and known to hang around together? It turns out that they didn't get away with it but not because of their mindlessness about staying below the radar. Another form of stupidity, uncontrolled dissension, did them in. That's all I'll say about the book theme.
A warning: The author, Bill Durham, uses vivid blue language and graphic sex scenes to punctuate his story. There's really no need for it because his writing skills would carry the day without all the explicit behavior. As I assign the characters' names to my acquaintances, some of whom are dedicated to bad language and bedroom heroics, I can't really say they carry on in the vivid manner described by Durham. And I'm no prude.
What Durham does in exemplary fashion is develop characters and scenes with clarity and realism. I suggest you keep a bottle of water nearby as you read to wash the dirt and grit of the Texas Panhandle from your gullet and wrap up against the blustery wind before the blistering heat bakes your brain. The author describes it all in glorious and true-to-life detail.
He is also talented in presenting dialogue.Read more ›
The plot is interesting, the characters are just plain fascinating, and the pace is excellent.
The technique of making the town a character was a great idea and works to tie everything together.
Recommended to all, any reader will enjoy this book.
All that said the main reason I wrote this is in the hopes that the author reads reviews and to implore him to continue writing, thank you for a wonderful book.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I loved this book. It was one of those rare books I did not want to end. I listened to the audible version on a recent trip to Amarillo. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Brownp
Fast paced story. Max is definitely not accustomed to Texas weather, women or slang. He is a very efficient lawyer that needs a change of scenery. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Sue
I struggled reading this story. The author needs to work on writing from a single character's point of view. There were many times I wasn't sure who was thinking what. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Tony H
This story tops my list as one of my favorites. Durham has a way of telling it so you can believe it's real. I thoroughly enjoyed it from page one to the end. Read morePublished 11 months ago by p.powers
Enjoyed the story, the characters, and the setting. Appreciated the research done by the author. In the future, will happily read more books by Bill Durham.Published 11 months ago by Kindle Customer
Well written. Excellent character development. Outstanding plot with many twists and turns. I highly recommend it for anyone who enjoys crime and courtroom drama.Published 12 months ago by RangerBill
Frankly, after reading some of the negative reviews, I wasn't sure I wanted to read this book. I'm really glad I did read it as I thought it was very well written and an unusual... Read morePublished 12 months ago by B. K. Probst
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller & Suspense
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Hard-Boiled
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Legal
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Hard-Boiled
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Legal