- Audible Audio Edition
- Listening Length: 6 hours and 31 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Blackstone Audio, Inc.
- Audible.com Release Date: May 15, 2012
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0083EFOBU
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
- #64 in Books > Audible Audiobooks > Politics & Current Events > Political History & Theory
- #210 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > United States > Executive Branch
- #322 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Ideologies & Doctrines > Conservatism & Liberalism
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Amateur: Barack Obama in the White House Audible – Unabridged
|New from||Used from|
|Free with your Audible trial|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I downloaded the book to my Kindle within hours of its release, and read it over a day and a half period, only pausing to sleep. Probably the two most enjoyable-to-read revelations are that 1. Bill Clinton urged Hillary to challenge Obama in 2012. 2. The Kennedy clan despise Obama, despite deceased Ted Kennedy's tireless support of the Community Organizer-in-Chief.Read more ›
After one of the world's richest and most popular women, Oprah Winfrey decided to help out a relatively unknown candidate for President named Barack Obama, she was credited with providing him with more than a million votes. The popularity of her own national television program suffered greatly from this political position, but her candidate and friend Barack won.
But once the Obama's were in the White House several jealous staff members of Michelle Obama quickly grew to detest the influence they felt Oprah was exercising on the President. Soon, Oprah was frozen out of the White House by a jealous wife.
This tale of political intrigue and fighting within the Obama White House is only one of the fascinating stories reported in this excellent peek into the Obama administration provided by author Edward Klein.Read more ›
1. Highlighting of Obama's extremism, and his various coteries of like-minded extremists;
2. Attempts to lay bare the interior Obama, and understand his motivations;
3. Logically flawed, and emotionally driven.
Remarkably, Edward Klein has combined the above first two items along with the words and opinions of many principal, and lesser, actors from the world of Obama.
Surprisingly, in relatively few pages (258 of them, and widely spaced), and in the fourth year of Obama's reign, Klein clearly demonstrates the failure of Obama as President--and his inability to learn from his failures; Obama's incompetence and intellectual one-dimensionality are simply stunning.
Interestingly revelatory, are the words of the people Klein interviewed: Democrats, Republicans, friends, past and present supporters of Obama. The racist opportunist and talented hater, Jeremiah Wright, actually comes across as highly intelligent and sympathetic when discussing the younger Obama, and the volatile period during and after the 2008 campaign.
Superficially, Klein's detractors might see this book as a scholar's compendium of modern political gossip. In fact, Klein is analytical and highly perceptive in examining Obama's record. The words of those interviewed expose the reader to insights about Obama that are certain to enlighten--and occasionally entertain.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Well written. Just a shame everyone in the USA could not have read it.Published 20 days ago by lucinda kay carter
30 July 2016: As of today, ' 9 Out of 14 ' people have found my review ' Helpful '.
Yet NOBODY who did NOT find it ' Helpful ' challenged the actual reasoning of my... Read more
Whoa what a great book!!! Such insight and awareness to what's really going on behind the doors of the Obama's White House. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Gayle Seal-Blanchette
Pretty good view on how Obama runs things, or doesn't run things. Book could of dug deeper. It relies on anonymous observations from those around him. Read morePublished 2 months ago by david's wife...
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > History > Americas > United States
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Ideologies & Doctrines > Conservatism & Liberalism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Political Science > History & Theory
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > United States > Executive Branch