Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Amazing Airplanes (Amazing Machines)
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Tall Heights Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on July 7, 2006
My 14-month old son absolutely loves this book, and I have to admit that I do, too. The text is well-written and rhymes, with a nice cadence to it that is fun to read, even after you've read it three times in a row! The book explains how you travel by airplane -- packing your bag, going to the terminal, checking in, getting on board, etc. It even (briefly and simply) tells how airplanes fly. The illustrations are bright and colourful, and the story really feeds a little one's excitement about going on a flight. If your child (age 6 or less, I'd guess) is interested in airplanes, or if you are planning to travel on one, I would highly recommend this book.
on December 20, 2011
Amazing Airplanes is a cute little book for toddlers and preschoolers interested in airplanes and air travel. While I still find Airport to be the best book for young children on airplanes and flying, Amazing Airplanes definitely has its own charms, and covers some topics not tackled in Airport. The cast of animal characters is appealing, and the illustrations are lighthearted and sometimes comical, such as the gate agent frowning at the "canceled" sign and the Lady Gaga-esque getup on the feline flight attendant. The text does a nice job of explaining complicated concepts such as aerodynamic lift and air traffic control in a simplified way that young audiences can understand. Some topics are not particularly applicable to U.S. domestic air travel, such as flight attendants who bring you "magazines and trays of food to eat," but these are minor points easily skipped or explained if necessary. ("That won't happen on our flight.") On the whole, this is a fun book for young children anticipating an upcoming flight or simply interested in airplanes.
on February 12, 2010
I purchased this book to prepare my then 2 year old (now 3) for her first trip on an airplane. It helped to ease her anxiety - and mine... :) She is a seasoned traveler now, loves planes and loves this book - still!! It is one of her favorites.
on May 22, 2016
A sweet story for young travelers. The animal travelers have adorable expressions, the journey is explained in rhyme but details are factual. I especially appreciate the explanation of how the air lifts the plane, and the explanations of the pre- and post-flight. This book was received with enthusiasm and read daily before/during a long trip. If you're a creative reader (adding to the book with further stories and descriptions), this book can work for as early as 18 months, and could also be an early reader.
on May 11, 2016
Really cute story about a trip on the airplane, from checkin and baggage to flight attendants on the plane, the captain speaking, working with the traffic control tower and more. Our 2 1/2 year old loves planes and loves reading this book, especially on and after his recent plane trip, where he remembers the things he did himself.
If you're taking a little one on a plane, this is a great book to have.
on March 6, 2016
This line of books is great for teaching children the facts about various subjects while incorporating cute and colorful pictures of animals. Highly recommend. My daughter is 2.5 years and loves learning about airplanes and rocket ships (another one of their books).
on October 10, 2014
My little girl has become obsessed with planes. She loves this book. In the back it even goes over all the parts of a plane. Fun for little kids interested in planes and I think it'd also be very good to prepare a child before their first flight.
on May 27, 2015
I bought this book for a 2 year old granddaughter prior to our flight to Mexico. We went through all the things Rat, Bird and Rabbit did getting ready and going on the airplane. It became her go-to book both before our trip and even afterward when she had seen all the things first hand. Although I got other books about flying, this one resonated best with her. She still asks to read it when I visit. The little one is asking when we can go on a BIG ahplane again.
on July 16, 2015
Cute little book. My daughter's first plane ride that she could remember was fast approaching and I was very nervous since she tends to get upset easily in unfamiliar situations. We read it a couple of times at home and then as we were departing. Not a tear! She did great, and I really think this was a big help.
on November 30, 2013
We flew with my 3 yo son before he could read. We also purchased a 5 point harness assembly that buckled around the plane seat at the level of the tray and was heavy duty enough to put the airplane seat belt through the bottom of the harness. The harness was just like his car seat in the car, so he was very comfortable with flying since he knew he was as secure as in his car seat! The book wasn't readable for him, but the pictures and simple text were memorized by the time we leveled off and he began to "read it" himself.

The great thing? He was quiet, preoccupied, and didn't wiggle out of his seat at all.