Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on September 16, 2016
This is simply one of the greatest recordings ever made, a high priestess at her highest, backed by an amazing choir and recorded in a church packed with true believers. American music doesn't get any more exhilarating or any more spiritual than this, Aretha has her toe plugged directly into the socket of the holy.
on July 17, 2013
Many music critics agree this is probably one of the finest gospel albums ever recorded. This live, two-CD set is Aretha's crowning homage to her gospel roots and shows her dynamic vocal range. Whether handling material from secular-inspired artists like Carole King (You've Got a Friend) and Marvin Gaye (Wholly Holy), to more traditional songs like What a Friend We Have in Jesus, How I Got Over, and searing arrangements of gospel classics like Mary Don't You Weep and Never Grow Old, and the10-minute title track will enthrall and move you like no other singer can. Produced by music industry veterans Jerry Wexler and Arif Mardin the 14 tracks on this CD were recorded live at the New Temple Missionary Baptist Church in Los Angles, California. The post-mixing and editing captures every audience nuance and there's an excellent quality to the balancing between Aretha's vocals, accompanying band, background choir, and even the remarks between songs by her father Rev. C.L. Franklin and church pastor, the stalwart Rev. James Cleveland. Whether you are a fan of gospel music or not I urge you to own this amazing recording simply because it's just another example of Aretha Franklin at her finest!
on August 27, 2017
Cassette, CD, and lost them both. I found this on vinyl and now it's under lock and key. If an album is so good that you purchase it three times. It's definitely work a look for anyone!
on December 31, 2011
When i was little my mother listened to this album all the time. She loved it so much she, my sister and i actually sang lead on a few of the songs in our church choir. I own my mother's original black round album. I had no way to play it (we live in the cd, dvd, blu-ray world now) and who wants to hear those hisses and scratch sounds, not me. So i finally was able to get it from Amazon in cd form when it came back in stock. Love listening and singing along. Brings tears to my eye's and a smile to my face.

LOVE YOU MA! R.I.P. Indeed, WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS!!
on December 20, 2017
It's Aretha need I say more the Queen.
on October 28, 2017
Love it!
on December 5, 2014
Hard to sing anything bad a bout Aretha's singing, though it's not among my favorite gospel albums.
on May 20, 2017
Just arrived here in Italy, THANK YOU!!! It's beautiful and perfect :)
on October 15, 2007
So what if I'm a long-term, retreat-going, cushion-sitting, Heart Sutra-chanting, daily-practicing Buddhist?

I defy anyone to listen to the 11-minute rendition of "Amazing Grace" by Aretha and not be Christian for at least 11 minutes.

Or have some sort of religious experience.

Wholly holy.
on January 18, 2017
I had to have this on CD. Love my old vinyl record madly.