Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Amazing Grace
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

Format: Audio CD|Change

on September 17, 2013
This is another great CD from George Jones. A gospel album with a lot of the old songs on it and George does a wonderful job as always with all of the songs. "Why Me, Lord?", that old Kris Kristofferson song is on here and George does a great job with it. The title song, "Amazing Grace" is wonderful. If you are a George Jones fan, you really need this CD.
on October 1, 2013
George Jones sings! Oh! and does he sing----I play this CD everynight as i get into bed to sleep. it's wonderful! It's like my lullaby!Amazing Grace, In the garden, and many more of the songs that i grew up with! The Old Rugged Cross! Do you older folks "Like me" remember that one? i am a country Western fan, not this wild country musuic that they play today. That's not country! George jones really knows how to sing gosple music! A couple of these songs will be him singing at my funeral. my choice! Buy this one, it will bring tears to your eyes. My word on that!
on October 20, 2013
If you love old church music, the way it used to be, this is the CD for you. Of course the fact that it's George Jones makes it great also. The entire music selection is terrific. Just right. I bought four of them wanting to make sure my friends and relatives had at least one good Christmas present.
on October 22, 2013
George Jones sings Gospel music with a sweetness and purity that is beautiful. I really liked "Great Judgement Morning" that he recorded with Travis Tritt, Waylon Jennings, Jessi Colter, Ricky Skaggs, Marty Stuart and Connie Smith in 1993 that is included on this.
on October 30, 2013
I was never a fan of George Jones so don't ask me why I ordered this album. I'm, glad I did. This was his last recording and he really did a good job. No one can sing gospel like an ole country boy, and George did well.
on September 15, 2015
the cd was ok. I bought it for my mom's funeral. The case was completely destroyed. I don't know how since it said it was new, but it was so busted up I had to get another case for it. It didn't look like it was broken in shipment . It looked like it was old damage.
on December 17, 2013
I've never been a big George Jones fan but my brother has always been a fan. When I saw the standard gospel songs listed on this CD, it was all the ones we sang and loved growing up in church. Sometimes artists put their own twist to the old standards but George did not do that and sang them just as they were originally. And that's what I like most about the CD -- the songs sung as they were written.
on April 10, 2014
dear seller I got this cd tape of amazing grace for my mom for christmas by george jones
my mom really loves this cd tape of george jones alot she loves country music singers
love caroline boudle
on October 8, 2013
Too often singers will take the old beloved hymns and try to change them and put their own personal identity on them. Mr. Jones does not do that. What he does do (and unbelievably well) is to sing them the way that they were written and let the words and the music flow from those fantastic vocal cords that he possessed in a manner that few have matched and none have surpassed. This one is a keeper.
on April 5, 2014
I purchased the CD during a fit of nostalgia. I've got a lot of George Jones CD's and this one has some songs that I did not have. When I get into a melancholy mood, I lock myself in the garage with George and a project or two. After listening for a couple of hours, I'm ready to give life another try.