Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now STEM

• Customer Reviews

TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 14, 2012
I bought these as a last resort to solving a difficult mirror hanging situation. There were no available studs where my wife wanted a very heavy antique mirror hung, and I didn't want to drill the two huge holes that most traditional anchors would require.

I don't impress easily, but I have to admit that the simple design, ease of use and weight capacity of these hooks has me awestruck. It took longer to open the package than it did to pop in one of the "Gorilla" hangers and hang the mirror. I will never hang another item by any other method than by using these hooks (unless the desired location just happens to align with a stud). In fact, I hope I never run into a stud again because these hooks are quicker, easier and just as reliable as screwing a fastener into a stud and with the Monkey Hooks, I don't have to drag out any tools to get the job done.
on March 18, 2012
Monkey Hooks do what they say, and they work well. It certainly is very easy to work with them. No hammer or other special tools needed. Just pierce into the drywall, spin it over, and push it in. They work as advertised, and are great for hanging pictures, signs, mirrors, etc.

That being said, there are some quirks that can be issues for some people. As pointed out by some other reviewers, there are some spots on your wall where you just simply can't use them. They work by piercing through and being supported by the drywall itself, so if there is a stud behind the wall in the spot where you want to hang something, you simply can't use them there.

I was recently using them to hang signs and mirrors in my basement, and also ran into problems using them too close to the ceiling. That is another quirk. My basement has a low ceiling, and I was hanging some signs high on the wall, near the ceiling. The Monkey Hooks require room to spin over inside the wall, and I was not able to use them here either.

In the spots where you can use them, though, they are great and are a real time saver. I certainly prefer them to a hammer and nail, where I can use them. I would recommended them, just know that they can't replace a hammer and nail 100% of the time.
22 comments| 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2015
I prefer nails and screws. Never comfortable with gadgets. We just moved into a house with perfect walls and have piles of things we want to decorate with. Scariest thing to hang- a heavy clock.
Well, I am sold. The regulator clock is on the wall, next to the front door, and is solid. Great invention!
review image
on April 21, 2013
These are thicker than other brands that I have used in the past. While they do hold and work as advertised they aren't smaller than the nails that I currently use. The gorilla hooks are slightly larger than a #2 pencil lead and the monkey hooks are just slightly smaller than a #2 pencil lead. If you don't mind a slightly larger hole than other brands and are looking to hang lots of items then this product should work for you. They insert easily through the sheet rock and with a little wiggle are ready to use. CAUTION: They can not be used or inserted directly over a stud. They cannot be used where a fire block or top plate prevent them from being rotated into position. Warning: Watch out for electrical lines as when being inserted this product is long enough to hit a line centered on the 2x4.
on February 23, 2013
This set is particularly nice not only because of the large number of hooks provided, but the different sizes. They really do what they say they will, as long as your need is for a hook that can be installed with one hand and support incredibly heavy items. But remember, they are for DRYWALL, not cement block, metal or other hard surfaces, That is why it is wise to have a stud finder and be sure you are not installing into a stud. Also, the support comes from the pressure of the tip of the hook against the wall and as another reviewer pointed out, installing high where the tip could actually pass over and into a space would be problematic. I realize these points are all pretty basic so forgive me if I am stating the obvious. Where hooks are best hidden, these are great. My wife prefers decorative hooks so we have not used these as much as we could have.

One complaint I have is that with heavy items that are repeatedly taken off and replaced, the install hole quickly widens, causing loss of friction and possible slippage. Therefore, I prefer them for things I plan to hang and then leave where they are, such as mirrors, pictures nd even a heavy storm lamp. Seller was great, with fast delivery.
on August 16, 2012
These little hooks are amazing! We hung a large quartz pendulum chime clock with them. You don't have to have a hammer, don't need to hit a stud. We've also hung a variety of sizes of pictures and decorative shelves with them.
I've found similar products in stores, but the packets have a fewer number - like 3 per pack - and they cost a lot more that way. They also seem to be shorter length than the Monkey Hook brand.
This pack of 30 comes with different sizes to hold different weights. Just keep the paper insert that shows which hook for which weight picture. These are handy to have around.
on August 8, 2012
Man I wish I would have found these a long time ago. I've had a few picture that needed to get hung and I kept putting it off....Im so glad I purchased these! I put a big picture up of my Mom (she passed away in 2006) :(
It took me abt 2 minute and Im so happy I have it up finally! I would definitely recommend these ole Monkey Hooks :)
on December 18, 2013
Very innovative in its simplicity but the hook itself sticks out too much making the picture frames and anything you hang on the walls not flush to the walls but in sloping look making the job kind of amateurish.
on February 7, 2012
Okay have both kinds the Monkey and the Gorilla..lol Monkey wins! These are much better and of course you have the variety plus look at the price! These are hands down better.
on December 14, 2014
I was VERY skeptical of this product prior to purchasing it. I didn't think they'd hold, I thought you'd have to hammer them in, I thought they would be cheaply made. I was wrong on all accounts. They hold firm, they can EASILY be pushed through drywall and they are very minimalist in appearance and wall damage. A great solution.