About the Product
- Play as Peter Parker: Play as Spider-Man's citizen alter-ego persona as you investigate the motivations of multifaceted villains.
- All-Star Villain Cast: Wide cast of Spider-Man universe and movie villains, each with their own unique boss battle encounters.
- All-New Web Arsenal: New web-swing mechanic includes expanded web-shooter capabilities and chemical properties that allow you to freeze and blow up items on impact.
- Expansive NYC: Explore and take on villains in a more expansive Manhattan cityscape than the previous Amazing Spider-Man.
- New Heroism System: "Hero or Menace" system rewards you for acting as Spider-Man by stopping crime and saving citizens, but face the consequences if you don't keep down crime rates.
- Advanced Combat and Upgrades: New abilities and expanded fast-paced, acrobatic combat moves bring players up close and personal as Spidey takes down foes.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
What started out as the search for a killer very quickly becomes something so much more. In a unique story set alongside the events of the second film, Spider-Man discovers he's not the only one tracking down Manhattan's criminals. The underworld has been turned upside down with a one-man campaign of violence and murder that has captured the city in an iron grip of fear. Villains from the film as well as fan-favorite, classic Marvel characters are woven together in a twisted web of adrenaline-fueled, free-roaming, web-slinging action that puts players on a collision course with an evil far beyond Spider-Man's reckoning.
- <b>Play as Peter Parker</b>: Play as Spider-Man's citizen alter-ego persona as you investigate the motivations of multifaceted villains.
- <b>All-Star Villain Cast</b>: Wide cast of Spider-Man universe and movie villains, each with their own unique boss battle encounters.
- <b>All-New Web Arsenal</b>: New web-swing mechanic includes expanded web-shooter capabilities and chemical properties that allow you to freeze and blow up items on impact.
- <b>Expansive NYC</b>: Explore and take on villains in a more expansive Manhattan cityscape than the previous Amazing Spider-Man.
- <b>New Heroism System</b>: "Hero or Menace" system rewards you for acting as Spider-Man by stopping crime and saving citizens, but face the consequences if you don't keep down crime rates.
- <b>Advanced Combat and Upgrades</b>: New abilities and expanded fast-paced, acrobatic combat moves bring players up close and personal as Spidey takes down foes.
Top Customer Reviews
Unlimited crime! Better swing mechanics! Smoother combat! A better story line! More classic villains! More than a dozen different costumes that actually effect gameplay! Stealth gameplay has been vastly improved! A nice variety in side missions! And Peter Parker missions this time! Oh, and let's not forget the fact Stan Lee makes more than just a quick cameo in this game. He plays a big role this time around and it's great! I won't spoil it for you but let me just say it is all very clever and adds lots of replay to this game.
I am thoroughly enjoying this game.Read more ›
If you're a Spidey fan, Amazing Spiderman 2 pulls that off.
Regardless of what others say, this game has many of the same mechanics of the first game -- and a few major improvements (so if you liked that game, you'll likely like the new one more.) The big improvement is that web slinging must now attach to a building (instead of thin air), which makes web slinging through the city 10 times more fun than before. It's a web mechanic we haven't seen since 2004's Spiderman 2 on the PS2, a game that many remember fondly as the peak of Spiderman gaming (but which actually is an pixelated mess and almost unplayable now -- I recently popped it in a PS2 and was shocked by how bad it looked.)
The combat mechanics are similar to Arkham; though not as good as Arkham, the Spidey animations look good. The main missions are repetitive and nowhere near as engaging as bigger-budget games -- a lot of missions are built around a stealth mechanic that at least makes game play interesting. The bosses are OK, but not show-stoppers.
All the collectibles that you liked in the first game are back, and as fun to collect as ever.Read more ›
Full disclosure: I have played just about every non-handheld Spider-Man game since they went 3-D with the 2000 PS1 Spider-Man game. That Spider-Man game was great for its time but it was the 2004 Spider-Man 2 game that really nailed the formula, with the first open-world Manhattan setting and the first web-swinging system where the webs hit nearby buildings. But since then, all of the games have fallen short for one reason or another, usually as a result of poor design choices or horrible bugs.
Amazing Spider-Man 2 is the first game in a decade that gets it all back on track.
The first thing you'll notice is that the web-swinging is near perfect. For the first time since Web of Shadows, the web-lines connect to the nearby buildings so that you are actually swinging from a building and not from the sky. The right/left hand options were a brilliant idea, as it gives you more control of where you're swinging from. The complexities are fun: which buttons you press, when you let go, or how high or low you're swinging, or when you switch from one hand to the other, all affect different aspects of your velocity and swinging arcs. And if you want to keep it simple, you can opt to avoid the complexities by just keeping your finger on the swing button and not pressing any other buttons at all: it has the same effect of driving on automatic rather than manual. You'll swing pretty much like you did in the first game. (I like the complexities personally.)
Combat is also the best we've seen in any Spider-Man game. The countering and the stealth attacks work far more seamlessly than in the previous Amazing Spider-Man.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My nine year old son enjoys the game very much even though he beat it in two days. Nice graphics.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I purchased this as a birthday present for my son. He really enjoys this game. He said, "the graphics are great and it's fun to play. Read morePublished 1 month ago by lero101
Bought this game for my little brother for his birthday. He loved it.Published 3 months ago by Rapscallion