Salon Beauty Summer Reading Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Carters PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on July 17, 2014
Being a regular traveler, I loved all the stories of Ian's adventures - but the book has several irritating flaws that a good editor could have easily corrected:

1. repetitive language descriptions
2. repetitive weepy self pity
3. generally the writing itself wasn't good quality

If you can ignore the flaws, the book is a good romp around the world.
2 people found this helpful
on June 2, 2014
typical travelogue, some interesting things, some boring. I'm just glad I didn't have to pay for this one. It looked interesting but didn't live up to my expectations
3 people found this helpful
on November 29, 2013
This person is courageous. To actually leave everything behind, pack up and go. At the sane time, to be truthful, I envy him. I'm sure it took planning and skill. Most of all it took all these generous and thoughtful people to be there. At first I thought this adventure was going to be tedious. Turns out its different, fascinating and wonderful. A few elements are missing in this book: where you visit how are the people living their lives, what is the food like, the hotels or hostels are they secure is the staff friendly, are the people you meet honest. Overall I enjoyed this author and am looking forward to reading him again.
on April 14, 2015
It was wonderful to read all the adventures and laughed through quite a few of them. Well written and will recommend it to anyone who is having a dull moment.
on February 21, 2014
This is a follow up to an earlier book by the author who tells of more adventures around the world. They range from seeing a volcano in Hawaii to helping out in a soup kitchen in Los Angeles.
on June 1, 2014
"Kind of entertaining" is more like it. was free for a day so I scooped it up- good for that price.
One person found this helpful
on May 6, 2016
good collection travel essays.
on March 17, 2013
The book is okay and the author seems like an interesting enough guy but the writing isn't very passionate or descriptive. Doesn't paint a picture, as a lover of travel writing I like to feel I was there sharing the adventure which I didn't feel while reading this one. Not terrible but lacking.
on May 17, 2016
gift
on July 30, 2015
A quick read but it bothered me that a lot was spelled wrong so many times. Some cool adventures...I had been around the world and found some of these very interesting.