Kindle for Mac [Download]
- Thousands of free classics are available in the Kindle Store.
- Get free book samples - read the first chapter free before you decide to buy.
- Customize your reading experience by choosing the background color and font size.
- Instant dictionary word lookup with 250,000 entries and definitions. Select a word to view the definition. Use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
- You can also read your Kindle books on your Kindle, Kindle 3G, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DX, iPhone, iPad, PC, Android-based device, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone 7/8-based device.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Kindle for Mac reading app gives users the ability to read Kindle books on a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. You’ll have access to over 1,000,000* books in the Kindle Store, including best sellers and new releases. Amazon’s Whispersync technology automatically syncs your last page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights across devices (including Kindle), so you can pick up where you left off on another device. (* Selection and price of Kindle books in the Kindle Store vary by country.)
|Mac Minimum System Requirements:||Mac Recommended System Requirements:|
Platform: Mac Download
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I suspect the problem is with the book versions available, rather than with the Kindle app itself, but there was no way for me to tell. I wound up waiting until I was home again before I could continue reading. Bummer.
I suspect this app works fine, just as the app on the Kindle itself does, but I cannot verify the claim that one can read books freely between devices.
Now I can read novels while I sit in waiting rooms or take my laptop into the kitchen to use the cookbooks I've downloaded.
It's been particularly useful over the past couple months. My husband has suffered a series of health issues that have kept him in the hospital for weeks and required multiple surgeries. It's good to be able to pull out my phone and dive into a book to distract me during all the procedures he's had to endure. I don't have to carry a separate book and I can choose between many books to entertain myself.
If you don't have a Kindle, but do have a Mac or a smartphone, download the software. You can download many books - including free ones - from Amazon and Project Gutenberg. Hours of entertainment and lots of information at your fingertips.
1. My Kindle collections will remain in tact if I download this upgrade.
2. The page says I have to update my laptop from 10.6 to 10.10 for this new upgrade to work. What do I do with softwares (i.e. Adobe Freehand MX) that don’t work with 10.0?
3. If I was managing my amazon ebooks on cloud reader (up until two weeks ago this worked on my mac lap top). I would hate to upgrade and then find out oops it doesn’t work.
4. Also the recent change on Amazon/com made it so the books are not showing up on my ipad for mac.
5. Will the notes upgrade problem (covers text on page so you can not cut and paste into notes) be fixed?
I may just not buy ebooks for a while. At least until someone on the internet shows the fixes to the problems.
I'm very please with the Kindle app, both on my FireHD and my Mac, but a little better customer interface from Amazon would have saved me weeks of frustration and several hours of searching for an answer to my problem.